Page 107 of 133 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 1986

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    I havnt heard anything about Wild Cats coming back after the first two issues were delayed.
    oh, didn't know about that

I'm currently giving Daredevil: The Man Without Fear another read.
    Currently Pulling: Amazing Spider-man, Daredevil, Invisible Kingdom, Farmhand, Gideon Falls, Family Tree, Babyteeth, Skulldigger and Skeleton Boy

We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

OGN, not a collected edition, but I finally read Sabrina last night. It was really good, although I'm not sure that it was Booker worthy. Still, I think it's one to add to most people's list
    "Live a poem... or die a fool!"

Astonishing Member

I am curently reading Asterix in Spain.

Incredible Member

Dark Tower Omnibus. Just started this and the art by Jae Lee is incredible as always. Peter David captures the tone of Mid-World wonderfully. So far I am still in Gunslinger Born which is an adaptation of events outlined in Wizards and Glass so I am looking foreword to when theY move to material fleshing out more hinted at adventures from the novels. On a side note every time I pull one of the middle generation Omnis off the shelf I lament how the quality has fallen off in the new generation books. Not that the new ones are junk it’s just that those older ones were soooooo nice!
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

"All Star Comics: Only Legends Live Forever", I just finished reading the Wally Wood Justice Society Vs. Vandal Savage through time. If you like that early run of Earth 2 from James Robinson awhile back, or Darwyn Cooke's New Frontier, these are worth reading. It's the earliest issues that feature Power Girl and a grey templed Golden Age Superman. There is so much great super hero comic story telling it's unreal.

Fantastic Member

X-Men Ghosts TPB. Good stuff, better than the stuff that was in The Gift Epic Collection.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    Dark Tower Omnibus. Just started this and the art by Jae Lee is incredible as always. Peter David captures the tone of Mid-World wonderfully. So far I am still in Gunslinger Born which is an adaptation of events outlined in Wizards and Glass so I am looking foreword to when theY move to material fleshing out more hinted at adventures from the novels. On a side note every time I pull one of the middle generation Omnis off the shelf I lament how the quality has fallen off in the new generation books. Not that the new ones are junk it’s just that those older ones were soooooo nice!
    I can totally relate. The better quality paper and the faux leather covers really make a difference.

I'm currently reading the Daredevil By Frank Miller & Klaus Janson Volume 1 TPB.
    Currently Pulling: Amazing Spider-man, Daredevil, Invisible Kingdom, Farmhand, Gideon Falls, Family Tree, Babyteeth, Skulldigger and Skeleton Boy

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    I'm currently reading the Daredevil By Frank Miller & Klaus Janson Volume 1 TPB.
    My favourite Daredevil run. I hope you enjoy it if you haven't already read it. It can come across dated to some but it was revolutionary at the time and for me personally stands the test of time. Of course it's even better oversized.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    My favourite Daredevil run. I hope you enjoy it if you haven't already read it. It can come across dated to some but it was revolutionary at the time and for me personally stands the test of time. Of course it's even better oversized.
    This is my first read. I finished my second read through of The Man Without Fear mini yesterday. I love that book. I didn't realise that was written over a decade after the issues in the TPB I'm reading now. I'm only a couple of issues in so far and the issues I've read were the Spectacular Spider-man ones.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    This is my first read. I finished my second read through of The Man Without Fear mini yesterday. I love that book. I didn't realise that was written over a decade after the issues in the TPB I'm reading now. I'm only a couple of issues in so far and the issues I've read were the Spectacular Spider-man ones.
    Yeah, TMWF by Miller & JRJR was written later (after he had introduced Elektra in the Daredevil run) in order to write her into Matt's early history/origin. There are some continuity inconsistencies in TMWF but it's generally considered canon. The Miller run really starts to pick up when Miller takes over the writing reigns and Janson inks his art, although the earlier issues where only Miller is the artist aren't bad.

I’m currently reading Jason Aaron’s Thor run from the various trades and am loving it. I’m up to where the female Thor has been introduced just after Original Sin. I’ve always had a lot of trouble with Thor putting me to sleep (I couldn’t even read Simonson’s run, which I wanted to love!) but this has been the run that has turned me around. Going to give Simonson’s run another go once I finish this.

Amazing Member

Im reading the Peter David Hulk omnibus right now. Really enjoying it so far and Im over halfway through.

Re read Locke & Key, even tho I actually hate the "in preparation for the movie/tv show" mentality, cause there should be no preparation to watch a movie (other than putting your clothes on and buying your ticket) but I loved L&K so much that I felt like I needed a reread to see how the show will compare.
    I really hope the people at Netflix will do justice, cause this book is still an absolute must read! Will probably have to wait a few years to see how they execute the ending on tv but they have their work cut out for them. I forgot how emotional and devastating the last few issues are.