Page 80 of 220 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130180 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 3286
    Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Over the last week and this, I’ve read the Marvel Epic Captain America - Justice Is Served, and am wrapping up the FF Epic - Into The Timestream. I plan on starting the Excalibur Epic - The Cross-Time Caper tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Attachment 79259

Finally getting around to reading this, and it’s as fantastic as I remember, oh Wildstorm, how I miss thee
    What is this, and why can't I seem to find it anywhere?
    Outside of your post, it doesn't seem to exist.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Planetary Omnibus. I am enjoying the Marvel & DC Superhero analogues that keep popping up.
    Hope you enjoy; its one of my favourites, Ellis planned it so well and got such a brilliant balance between focused single issues whilst still weaving a wider story arc.

Quote Originally Posted by madave View Post
    Hope you enjoy; its one of my favourites, Ellis planned it so well and got such a brilliant balance between focused single issues whilst still weaving a wider story arc.
    Finished it last night. I really enjoyed it! I actually want to re-read it and catch all the details I missed this first go around.

Also, I wish there was more! I want to keep following these characters.

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    What is this, and why can't I seem to find it anywhere?
    Outside of your post, it doesn't seem to exist.
    I had it made, it only exists on my bookshelf

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I finished reading the Vision OHC by Tom King, Gabriel Walta and Jordie Bellaire. It is so very good. The first issue was pretty dark and it just seemed to get darker but then various rays of light would appear. It's a very real story about unreal people i.e. robots. Very heartwrenching but also heartwarming with twists and turns. If you never found the Vision interesting, this will change your mind. The interactions between Vision and his wife Virginia and the kids and their actions and the consequences that follow are profound and true to life. The art by Walta and colours by Bellaire perfectly grasp what King puts across in the story. I reread it in parts particularly after reading the letters pages. There is a ton of additional material in the second half of the book including all the said letters pages, variant covers, script and sketches and a couple of interviews and an analysis of the art and panels layout. It could have been published as a nice little Omnibus if it had better quality paper and was sewn. The only downside of the OHC is the physical quality - flimsy paper and glued. Other than that, it's quite the masterpiece and IMHO deserves the praise it's received. Something to be reread several times.
    I pretty much agree with everything you said here, sadly including the less than stellar build quality of the book. It deserved better.

Nice to see you’re finding time to read it- it turned out great!

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    Nice to see you’re finding time to read it- it turned out great!
    It has taken me a long time to get around to it, but well worth the wait

LOL, wish you would've said that initially so I wouldn't have wasted almost half an hour looking for it!

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    I pretty much agree with everything you said here, sadly including the less than stellar build quality of the book. It deserved better.
    It definitely deserved better and it may get it at some point in the future. I suppose we should be grateful that we got an OHC instead of just a TPB, as was the case with Kimg's DC work (Mister Miracle and Omega Men).

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I've started reading The Star Wars OHC (Lucas Draft Deluxe Edition Box Set) from Dark Horse by J.W. Rinzler, Mike Mayhew and Rain Beredo.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

I just read Rick Veitch's The One and Brat Pack. I loved him as an artist on Swamp Thing, but I did not know what to expect as a writer. Both books seem much more grounded in underground comics and satire than I expected. Brat Pack is especially subversive and macabre with it's humor and grotesque art work. There are some truly disturbing images and ideas in both books. Brat Pack is dedicated to Wertham and that really should say it all. Both books are compared to Dark Knight and Watchmen but those books seem much less unhinged than The One or Bratpack. If you ever wondered what would happen if R. Crumb wrote superhero comics, these books might be for you!

It has taken me a long time to get around to it, but well worth the wait
    I’ve not read much Wildstorm, but I admit that I have added a bunch of it to my “to check out” list after helping you with those binds and reading your posts about them.

Currently re-reading

Lady Mechanika Vol. 1

Incredible Member

Mister Miracle by Tom King. Almost finished. It is the best I have read from Tom King. Sooo good. It helps to read the Fourth World material. If you haven’t and pick this up you may want to at least google the characters who aren’t named Mister Miracle/Barda.