Page 100 of 220 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110150200 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 3287

I'm currently reading Descender Volume 2: Machine Moon.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Locke and Key master edition 3, to anyone who hasn’t read this, get it now

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

I am currently working through The Mighty Thor Lee and Kirby Omnibus volume 3. Once I am done, I will have read at least 1 Kirby Lee run from start to finish. It has been terrific. I was drawn in by the Galactus origin saga but there has been countless breathtaking Kirby moments. I really love catching all the nascent New God ideas floating around the end of the Thor run. I will dive into the New Gods once I wrap the whole thing up.

I am also working through Bernard Krigstein's E.C Comics book the "Master Race." E. C. is just on another level at all times.

For Black Friday I picked up the Bloodshot Omnibus. It reprints the first Bloodshot series from the original Valiant comics. It also includes the crossovers with other comics and has some interviews with the creators. I have only flipped through it but from first impressions it is a great omnibus.

Green Lantern/New Gods -Godhead.

Astonishing Member

Finished reading the Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus Vol.4.I read many of the stories in this Omnibus in pocket comic books way back,so re-reading those stories in the over sized pages of the Omnibus is quite cool.
    And i am reading now New Mutants (Volume 2):The Demon Bear Saga.

Incredible Member

Just wrapped up the Sixth Gun and what a fantastic series. The depth of the world building Bunn accomplished in under 70 issues is astounding. Not to mention the art and coloring are impeccable. The mini’s add soooo much to the totality of the main narrative and are just as strong if not more so due to the richness of the world developed. I feel like I want to have wanted more from the finale but I think that is just because I didn’t want it to end and realistically it was the only way it could have ended based on what had come before. I highly recommend this series if anyone out there is not on it yet.
    Last edited by Brewman; 12-08-2019 at 12:10 AM.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

BANNED

Goblin Slayer, vol. 1-6 (manga) 7/10

It's a fantasy manga series. Main character The Goblin Slayer has no interest in this world other than killing goblins. It's a result of an attack by some goblins to his town when he was little, his whole family murdered by goblins in the attack so he kills all the goblins, he can find.

As you can see it's a pretty simple revenge story but it has a controversy around it and that's goblins not only kill humans but they kidnap human women and rape them to produce offsprings. There are some panels... This kind of reminded me Berserk and Trolls... same thing happened in Berserk at some point.

I usually don't like safe series that doesn't make me feel like an adult, and spit on the face of the conservatives by making them uneasy... So here we are, at goblin slayer. I liked it even if it is pretty much a simple revenge story, it's controversial enough to pull me in.

Goblin Slayer who is name is also Orcblog was a loner at the begining but later on a priestess who was saved by him, joined him. Others followed her. A magician dwarf, A shaman Naga and an archer elf girl. They become an inseperable party and it's fun to follow them in the dangerous goblin infested caves, and ruins.

Incredible Member

Haven't posted in a while here as I just moved house some weeks ago. This was preceded by a lot of packing (61 boxes full of omnis and absolutes). Therefore less time to read, but I did manage a few books.

Finished the Hickman read-a-thon with his Avengers run and Secret Wars - was very impressed by this overall run. Can't wait to read HoX / PoX of which I just ordered the hardcover. He's one of those writers I can't wait to read more of. Others are Ellis, Brubaker, Remender and many more.

After that, I read Criminal Deluxe 1 and 2, Monstress HC 1, Uzumaki by Junji Ito, Harrow County 4 and a couple of days ago I started on Jack Kirby's The Fourth World Omnibus. Guess that may take a while

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Yesterday I finished reading the Silver Surfer by Slott & Allred Omnibus. A thoroughly enjoyable read. Funny and heartwarming. One of my favourite runs of the 2010s. I even shared some reading moments with my wife (she is not a comic fan) and kids.

Before that, I finished reading the Secret Empire event and although I strongly disliked having Stevil Rogers /Cap Hydra, the whole event itself was pretty well done and I "enjoyed" reading it. A marked improvement to Bendis' written events. Like I said, though, hated the idea of making Cap a sleeper Hydra agent. The conclusion was satisfying enough.

I completely devoured a couple oversized hardcovers recently: the Rebirth Deluxe intro, Detective Comics Rebirth Deluxe vol. 1, and Fables vol. 1. I'm a bit disappointed in myself for buying the first 3 Fables OHC and not realizing that a complete collection will be rather difficult as volumes 4 & 7 are OOP and impossible to find. That's going to get on my nerves...harumph!

Finished Absolute Swamp Thing last night. Such a fantastic read. Unfortunately my copy has a bit of the glue separating from the ribbon so I'll want to get some book glue before another re-read (which will probably happen next year before vol 2 hopefully arrives).

Now to decide which to start next: another Batman title (Tomasi's Batman & Robin, Batman Eternal or Gotham Central omni); Seven Soldiers by Morrison; Aquaman by Johns; New Frontier Absolute; Age of Apocalypse+Companion omnis; or Descender vols. 1 & 2. I also picked up volumes 1-4 of The Sandman (which I've never read before) from a discord group...so might jump right into that.

Incredible Member

After enjoying the Sixth Gun so much decided to go for some more Bunn and read Harrow County. Another solid outing. Again the setting was rich and felt fully flushed out. I wish the consequences of Emmy’s plan had been explored a bit more and the climax again left me a little cold for how strong the rest of the story was. I also would love to see further stories of The Abandoned and what becomes of him, which tells that the character development was good enough that I cared about them. Overall a great series.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Astonishing Member

I finished reading the New Mutants-Epic Collection: The Demon Bear Saga recently.The stories included in this have all the Chris Clameront and Bill Sienkiewicz run in New Mutants and some stories before that run that have art by Sal Buscema and Bob McLeod.

And i have started reading X-Men Milestones: Inferno.
    I have already some of the Tie Ins of Spider-Man stories to this X-Men event collected in the Amazing Spider-Man by David Michlinie and Tod McFarlane Omnibus.

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    I finished reading the New Mutants-Epic Collection: The Demon Bear Saga recently.The stories included in this have all the Chris Clameront and Bill Sienkiewicz run in New Mutants and some stories before that run that have art by Sal Buscema and Bob McLeod.

And i have started reading X-Men Milestones: Inferno.

I've reread both of those recently myself, brought back many great memories. I also got the TPB for the X-ecutionor's Song, and looking for the TPB for X-tinction Agenda.

Not sure if this falls into the category of "collected edition", but this week I picked up the TPB for Wonder Twins - Activate, the first half of the Wonder Twins maxi-series.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CellarDweller View Post
    I've reread both of those recently myself, brought back many great memories. I also got the TPB for the X-ecutionor's Song, and looking for the TPB for X-tinction Agenda.

Not sure if this falls into the category of "collected edition", but this week I picked up the TPB for Wonder Twins - Activate, the first half of the Wonder Twins maxi-series.
    The New Mutants and X-men:Milestones books was mostly re-reads to me.
    I have all the X-men events that are in the X-men Milestones collection in my wishlist except the Dark Phoenix Saga that i already have,in regards of the X-men events of that time the X-men Milestones collection will be how i will be geting those X-men events in collected editions.