Page 81 of 99 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1474

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    Nice to see you’re finding time to read it- it turned out great!
    It has taken me a long time to get around to it, but well worth the wait

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    I had it made, it only exists on my bookshelf
    LOL, wish you would've said that initially so I wouldn't have wasted almost half an hour looking for it!

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    I pretty much agree with everything you said here, sadly including the less than stellar build quality of the book. It deserved better.
    It definitely deserved better and it may get it at some point in the future. I suppose we should be grateful that we got an OHC instead of just a TPB, as was the case with Kimg's DC work (Mister Miracle and Omega Men).

I've started reading The Star Wars OHC (Lucas Draft Deluxe Edition Box Set) from Dark Horse by J.W. Rinzler, Mike Mayhew and Rain Beredo.

I just read Rick Veitch's The One and Brat Pack. I loved him as an artist on Swamp Thing, but I did not know what to expect as a writer. Both books seem much more grounded in underground comics and satire than I expected. Brat Pack is especially subversive and macabre with it's humor and grotesque art work. There are some truly disturbing images and ideas in both books. Brat Pack is dedicated to Wertham and that really should say it all. Both books are compared to Dark Knight and Watchmen but those books seem much less unhinged than The One or Bratpack. If you ever wondered what would happen if R. Crumb wrote superhero comics, these books might be for you!

It has taken me a long time to get around to it, but well worth the wait
    I’ve not read much Wildstorm, but I admit that I have added a bunch of it to my “to check out” list after helping you with those binds and reading your posts about them.

Currently re-reading

Lady Mechanika Vol. 1

Incredible Member

Mister Miracle by Tom King. Almost finished. It is the best I have read from Tom King. Sooo good. It helps to read the Fourth World material. If you haven’t and pick this up you may want to at least google the characters who aren’t named Mister Miracle/Barda.

Just finished Absolute planetary 1 & 2 and it’s as good if not better than i remember, now on to Absolute Preacher book 1, which isn’t as good as I remember but then again I do think Ennis is a one trick pony, and that trick grew thin years ago

Just finished Absolute planetary 1 & 2 and it’s as good if not better than i remember, now on to Absolute Preacher book 1, which isn’t as good as I remember but then again I do think Ennis is a one trick pony, and that trick grew thin years ago
    Just out of interest, what would you say is Ennis' best stuff? I've read very little by him.
    Currently Pulling: Amazing Spider-man, Daredevil, Batman/TMNT III, Black Hammer: Age of Doom, Black Hammer/Justice League, Invisible Kingdom, Tommy Gun Wizards, Farmhand, Gideon Falls, Criminal, Babyteeth

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

I just started reading the Before Watchmen omnibus.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    Just out of interest, what would you say is Ennis' best stuff? I've read very little by him.
    Before I started to re-read Preacher I probably would of said that, I have a few Ennis books, The Boys, the Punisher stuff, actually, thinking about it, it’s been a while since I read it and it may also disappoint me after all this time, but I’d go with hitman being his best stuff, when he’s given free reign, it’s as if profanity and gruesome deaths take the place of a good story, being tied to the DC proper (somewhat) forced him to concentrate on character and story, and it was much better, be nice to get a Hitman omni

Currently reading

Hellboy Volume 11: The Bride of Hell and Others TPB

I finished reading The Star Wars Lucas Draft Deluxe Edition Box Set. It's comprised of three larger than the regular OHC sized books. The first contains issues #1-8, the second sketches and layouts which was issue #0 and the third a beautiful cover portfolio. The story itself is ok and could have done with a little bit better dialogue at times and jumps a bit, but then again they were basing it on Lucas's draft and he's not the best when it comes to writing dialogue. The art by Mike Mayhew, in particular the detail on the faces is quite beautiful. It's a little "jerky" on some of rhe action scenes, though. Overall, a very nice boxset and s must for Star Wars fans.

Uncanny X-Men Omnibus Volume 3. Out of the first 3 omnibus volumes, this is my favorite.

The Brood Saga, the Magik mini, the Wolverine mini, God Loves, Man Kills OGN, & Rogue joining the X-Men. All fantastic stuff!