Page 8 of 220 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by runwithit View Post
    Finally getting to my Gotham Central Omni
    Mine's been sitting on my shelf for months and I still haven't started it. I think the size of it puts me off when I'm choosing something to read!
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    Mine's been sitting on my shelf for months and I still haven't started it. I think the size of it puts me off when I'm choosing something to read!
    you won't be able to put it down once you started it, so just start it never mind the size, it only took me a couple of nights to devour it

yes it's a beast but it is really bloody good! If you want a book that you can't put down then get on with GC.
    Or something from the Luna brothers. I've just read Alex+Ada and Girls and both were very, very engaging reads.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    yes it's a beast but it is really bloody good! If you want a book that you can't put down then get on with GC.
    Or something from the Luna brothers. I've just read Alex+Ada and Girls and both were very, very engaging reads.
    I loved Alex + Ada. Maybe once I'm finished reading the Star Wars stuff I've got to read, then I might pick Gotham Central off the shelf.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

I read Superman: Lois and Clark last night and I'm going to start reading Superman and Action Comics Rebirth DE's tonight
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Currently reading the Darth Vader Volume 1 OHC. I loved the Star Wars one. It was the first Star Wars related book I've ever read, with the films being my only experience of Star Wars, aside from a few of the games.

I just got done reading the complete Astounding Wolf-Man. Loved that. I just started Predator: The Original Comic Series.

Catching up with Dredd books, read that one about mutants in Big Meg, was released month or so ago. Awesome storytelling, you can see more and more cracks in Dredd's 'I'm the law' armor.

Planning to start with Grandville soon to be ready for signing with Bryan Talbot.

Currently reading the Darth Vader Volume 1 OHC. I loved the Star Wars one. It was the first Star Wars related book I've ever read, with the films being my only experience of Star Wars, aside from a few of the games.
    I have the omnibus just sat there, in its wrapper, waiting for me to open it and read :P
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Simonson Thor OMNI

Hellblazer from the beginning, about to start Ennis/Dillon part. I thought Delano issues were good comics, bit too ponderous, and lacking that supernatural/horror oomph you associate with Hellblazer. He spent a lot of time on Constantine’s human relations and it’s a very wordy comic.

Thunderbolts Classic v3 - this is from around 1999. Holds up real well! Makes a nice use of the classic superhero tropes, while having excellent character work by Busiek.

Rereading Morrison JLA

And getting ready to read DC universe by Mignola

Vol 3 of Punisher max Complete Collection, typically I got vols 1 to 6 and then they announce the omnibus binge reading them then selling them and getting the omni, to be honest tho after all the praise this book gets I’m not that impressed, it’s ok but that’s about it

The last days of American crime. Good stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Vol 3 of Punisher max Complete Collection, typically I got vols 1 to 6 and then they announce the omnibus binge reading them then selling them and getting the omni, to be honest tho after all the praise this book gets I’m not that impressed, it’s ok but that’s about it
    I thought that first too but I think the MAX run really shines if you compare it to other Punisher runs, even Ennis' own MK run. I think he distilled the Punisher here to it's purest most well functioning form and tells good stories with him.
    It's a bit like MAd Max fury road where people keep hearing about how it's the best action movie of the decade and then they end up disappointed because they find the story too simple and people barely talk in it but the way the story is constructed tells you a story through subtext and action.
    Dunno if it makes sense I just woke up and I'm kinda hangover, sorry

I thought that first too but I think the MAX run really shines if you compare it to other Punisher runs, even Ennis' own MK run. I think he distilled the Punisher here to it's purest most well functioning form and tells good stories with him.
    It's a bit like MAd Max fury road where people keep hearing about how it's the best action movie of the decade and then they end up disappointed because they find the story too simple and people barely talk in it but the way the story is constructed tells you a story through subtext and action.
    Cheers!

I thought all your money went on Comics, how come you can afford beer?