Page 113 of 219 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123163213 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 3274
    Incredible Member

Currently reading the X-Men Fall of the Mutants OHC. Finished up the X-Factor issues (Yay for Simonson art), which I enjoyed. There were some peripheral cross-over issues (Cap, FF, DD) but they did not add that much.

About to start on the Uncanny X-Men issues, which is what I'm reading this for.

It's not a comic book collection but rather a comic strip collection: For Better or For Worse: The Complete Library - Volume Four 1990-1993.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    There won't be any LE books for other series than Hellboy (according to Dark Horse). BPRD and others will get a hardcover omnibus and otherwise you'll have to go for the softcovers.
    I'll grab the HC omnibus editions then.

Did Dark Horse say why they aren't doing any more LE books?

Getting close to finishing Uncanny X-Force Omnibus by Remender.

I was looking forward to this for such a long time as I missed the original printing...It's enjoyable. However, I was expecting more based on all the hype.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I finally got a pretty nice copy of Popeye Volume five! Too bad my volume one was trashed in my move last week. From "POPE" to "OPEY"
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

The last three TWD books are en route, as are the last two associated novels. Once I finish this Barnaby novel I will read TWD (last time I read it there were only 100 issues I think, and I didn't even know about the novels) and possibly take a break to read Simone's WW omnibus
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Incredible Member

Currently reading Scalped by Jason Aaron. Am about 13 issues in and it is really great. I hope it will stay as good throughout.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

While social-distancing, I have finally decided to read the entire Lee/Kirby run of Fantastic Four. I’m 32 issues in, and it isn’t nearly as hard a read as I was expecting. Plus, it seems to get better the further in I’ve gotten. I have issues 1-62 in the Epic format, and will probably read the rest digitally.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    While social-distancing, I have finally decided to read the entire Lee/Kirby run of Fantastic Four. I’m 32 issues in, and it isn’t nearly as hard a read as I was expecting. Plus, it seems to get better the further in I’ve gotten. I have issues 1-62 in the Epic format, and will probably read the rest digitally.
    I had a really hard time to get through the first omnibus, i.e. the first 30 issues or so. The second omnibus was already an improvement but I found lots of it to be still very silly. It has really put me off of reading any other Silver Age material, which is a pity because I have all of Silver Age X-Men, Avengers, Spider-Man, Thor in omnibus format.

Maybe one day I will gather my courage and start again but I am starting to have shelf space issues so I may just sell some of that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    I had a really hard time to get through the first omnibus, i.e. the first 30 issues or so. The second omnibus was already an improvement but I found lots of it to be still very silly. It has really put me off of reading any other Silver Age material, which is a pity because I have all of Silver Age X-Men, Avengers, Spider-Man, Thor in omnibus format.

Maybe one day I will gather my courage and start again but I am starting to have shelf space issues so I may just sell some of that stuff.
    the only Silver age material I could get through was Doctor Strange.
    I know it's a polarizing run but there was something to it that held up throughout the decades more than any other of the famous runs.
    I can appreciate the inventiveness of ASM or F4 but you have to put on your "it's the 60s and I'm a 10 year old who never seen anything like it and most of my intellectual stimulus before came from watching the Lone ranger on a black and white tv and playing with a wooden train" glasses.
    Strange felt old and cobwebby but it had a certain energy and mystic atmosphere ingrained into it other books (for me) didn't.
    Also while I respect the heck out of Kirby, I think Ditko's art is just easier to read for a current audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    the only Silver age material I could get through was Doctor Strange.
    I know it's a polarizing run but there was something to it that held up throughout the decades more than any other of the famous runs.
    I can appreciate the inventiveness of ASM or F4 but you have to put on your "it's the 60s and I'm a 10 year old who never seen anything like it and most of my intellectual stimulus before came from watching the Lone ranger on a black and white tv and playing with a wooden train" glasses.
    Strange felt old and cobwebby but it had a certain energy and mystic atmosphere ingrained into it other books (for me) didn't.
    Also while I respect the heck out of Kirby, I think Ditko's art is just easier to read for a current audience.
    This resonates with me too. I haven't read any of the F4 from that era but I flew through Dr Strange, but struggle with Spider-man, despite him being my favourite character. I really had to push through the first omnibus of ASM and still have volumes 2, 3 and 4 unopened on my shelf because I can't muster up the energy to read them.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    This resonates with me too. I haven't read any of the F4 from that era but I flew through Dr Strange, but struggle with Spider-man, despite him being my favourite character. I really had to push through the first omnibus of ASM and still have volumes 2, 3 and 4 unopened on my shelf because I can't muster up the energy to read them.
    That's exactly what's keeping me back. I think between FF omnibus 1 and 2 it took me 2 years. I would really like to have all that background / historical knowledge when reading modern runs but I'm afraid that it may take me years to get through.

Let's see. maybe it also differs from title to title.

Almost finished up with Avengers Epic: Operation Galactic Storm.

Then I will jump into the next two volumes (Fear The Reaper & The Gatherers Strike).

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    Currently reading Scalped by Jason Aaron. Am about 13 issues in and it is really great. I hope it will stay as good throughout.
    I thought it got better. I read it when the single issues came out and was so impressed. I'm hoping they produce an Absolute Edition at some point.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    I thought it got better. I read it when the single issues came out and was so impressed. I'm hoping they produce an Absolute Edition at some point.
    You’re right it does get better. I’m somewhere in the high 30s or even low 40s now and it’s amazing. I think there’s been at least 5-6 issues now on supporting characters or even stand-alone issues and they are just as good and flesh out the world. One of the best series I’ve read so far.