Page 159 of 161 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159160161 LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 2403
    Mighty Member

IDW Transformers. I love them. Because I lost track I started over and made myself notes. This time I read them every day so I won't lose track again, and now they make more sense to me. If you read something like that and take months off you forget things and its harder to understand everything.

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    IDW Transformers. I love them. Because I lost track I started over and made myself notes. This time I read them every day so I won't lose track again, and now they make more sense to me. If you read something like that and take months off you forget things and its harder to understand everything.
    I have P1 and I remember loving it, but I can only actually remember minor details at this point. I'm planning to reread it this year.
    "Live a poem... or die a fool!"

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    I finally got around to reading Bloom, beautiful. I always enjoy artwork that makes such good use of minimal colours.
    glad you liked it! There are so many good YA graphic novels out now with great art and Bloom is one of the best (not my favourite but I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who's interested in the genre).

Amazing Member

Finishing Howard Chaykin's American Flagg Definitive Collection Vol 1, and going right to Vol 2.
    Interesting to see what 2031 was supposed to look like, lol.

Mighty Member

Finished all three volumes of Outpost Zero. The ending made me want more, but its over. Sales weren't good. Its a shame.

Currently reading Superman : Man of Steel vol. 9

At this point, I believe I can confidently say that the one thing I truly enjoyed 100% from these 9 volumes was the art. Astounding artwork from all involved.

This arrived today, my volume 2 of the Super Friends collection.

I tried to get it through two different comic book stores (just like I did with vol 1) but neither returned my calls or emails. I ended up having to go through Amazon.

I finished Batman by Morrison vol. 2 and Batman by Dini omnis. The Morrison book was excellent, definitely the best Batman stories I've read in a long time. I was nearly cheering at a few points near the end, it's very satisfying.

The Dini book is good as well, kind of a nice break actually between issues of the other, mostly as a breather from the exciting Morrison arc. But Dini's book ends pretty weak, I thought, mainly because cause the Hush story arc had greatly "worn out its welcome" for me.

Now reading Promethea vol. 2 deluxe edition. Weird and fun with great art, I'm enjoying these books.

Astonishing Member

I am curently reading Incredible Hulk,Epic Collection Vol 14: Going Gray.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Rough Riders Complete Series. Not bad, reminiscent of LoEG. Pretty good art by Pat Oliffe.

Fantastic Member

X-Men - The Wedding of Cyclops & Phoenix OHC - Just started this as part of my 90s X-Men readathon. I really dreaded diving into the 90s after Claremont, but I have to say that so far, Nicieza is solid writer, as is Lobdell (I do have some exposure to their writing from Age of Apocalypse).

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    X-Men - The Wedding of Cyclops & Phoenix OHC - Just started this as part of my 90s X-Men readathon. I really dreaded diving into the 90s after Claremont, but I have to say that so far, Nicieza is solid writer, as is Lobdell (I do have some exposure to their writing from Age of Apocalypse).
    Yeah, well... it gets worse after that book. A lot worse.

Nicieza is okay, but Lobdell is probably one of the worst X-Men writers I have encountered.

Myself, I'm reading X-Men Fall of The Mutants (the Milestones edition, not the omnibus). After the pretty solid X-Men arch that opens the book, it switches to an absurd New Mutants storyline featuring some animal/human hybrid named "Bird Brain". Yeah. If I hadn't read it myself, I wouldn't believe it. Thank you for that little gem, Louise Simonsen...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post

Nicieza is okay, but Lobdell is probably one of the worst X-Men writers I have encountered.

Myself, I'm reading X-Men Fall of The Mutants (the Milestones edition, not the omnibus). After the pretty solid X-Men arch that opens the book, it switches to an absurd New Mutants storyline featuring some animal/human hybrid named "Bird Brain". Yeah. If I hadn't read it myself, I wouldn't believe it. Thank you for that little gem, Louise Simonsen...
    I think Lobdell was decent before and maybe during Age of Apocalypse, but I have nothing much good to say after that. The Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix was really good, for example.

I'm reading Curse Worlds by Soule right now. It's pretty fun. I'll burn through Immortal Hulk v8 tomorrow and wait patiently for my next order from CGN while (slowly) continuing my read through Fraction's Iron Man.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    1991 - 1995 is my X-Men sweet spot, and this book (coupled with the Fatal Attractions OHC) represents the best of Lobdell & Nicieza, imho...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post

I couldn't stand her New Mutants and skipped a lot of the issues in FotM and Inferno.

Better brace myself then for the suckage that waits me haha