Page 29 of 221 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129 ... LastLast

Well I finally finished the Alpha Flight omni, what a beast. I definitely enjoyed it, though a few parts drag a little. I'm surprised how much a actually cared about what happened to the characters. The twins got a little annoying, mainly because Aurora was so unstable and made it difficult to like her. Overall, I was a little sad to get to the end though, impressive title all around.

Now starting on the Elektra omni, feels good to get back to Miller's Daredevil world. I hope the issues after his initial DD run get collected soon, would love to get back into that title.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Hank View Post
    Well I finally finished the Alpha Flight omni, what a beast. I definitely enjoyed it, though a few parts drag a little. I'm surprised how much a actually cared about what happened to the characters. The twins got a little annoying, mainly because Aurora was so unstable and made it difficult to like her. Overall, I was a little sad to get to the end though, impressive title all around.

Now starting on the Elektra omni, feels good to get back to Miller's Daredevil world. I hope the issues after his initial DD run get collected soon, would love to get back into that title.

There is Millers Daredevil omnibus companion which collects the stuff after his initial run. Did he do anything more beyond that?

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    Dale Keown illustrated around thirty issues of Incredible Hulk,not that many stories sure.But even so he illustrated still a good amount of Hulk stories before going tyo Image way back.
    OK..he did more than I remember...I thought it was only for a year or so. Would love to read the run again.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

I just finished the SA Doctor Strange Omnibus by Lee & Ditko. I really liked the art, and the stories were pretty good. I've only read Doctor Strange as a guest in other character's books, but never his own series. This book was a good intro to helping me understand the character better.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    I just finished the SA Doctor Strange Omnibus by Lee & Ditko. I really liked the art, and the stories were pretty good. I've only read Doctor Strange as a guest in other character's books, but never his own series. This book was a good intro to helping me understand the character better.
    I just recently read Doctor Strange Epic "A Separate Reality". I really enjoyed it (Also enjoyed the SA Omni). If you like the silver age Omni, you may like the epic. The Gene Colan and Frank Brunner art was great.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I've just read the Amazing Spider-man Renew Your Vows mini-series (post Secret Wars during Bsttleworld). Very enjoyable and a breath of fresh air from Slott's regular run.

Also finished reading V for Vendetta - very interesting.

Astonishing Member

I finished Reading Sandman for the first time.The Dream Country TPB.Yeah,i know it took me quite some time to read Sandman for the first time but in my defence i have always been more of a Marvel comics reader.Have to say i did liked the stories and art,will be collecting the first two Sandman TPB´s eventually as well.
    And i am currently Reading the Infinity War TPB.Have read it waaay back,it´s not as good as Infinity Gauntlet but still a great read by Starlin and Ron Lim.
    Dunno if it´s good enough to make me read Infinity Crusade TPB as well (Thats another event i have read way back),it will depend, if the story does not improve i think my next TPB will be something else.
    Last edited by comicscollector; 05-23-2018 at 11:30 PM.

Astonishing Member

Finished Reading Infinity War TPB,now having read all the TPB i have a better opinion about it.
    With the stories of Warlock and The Infinity Watch,the main story in the Infinity War limited series makes more sense,there are lots of plot clifhangers in Infinity War that do not affect much the plot but leaves some unanswered questions about the story.(The story of this event crossover with several other Marvel comic books that are not included in the TPB) Well the stories in Warlock and Infinity Watch work in a great way to further expand the main story of Infinity War.So this story is not as good as Infinity Gauntlet but even so is actually a great read.
    Having said that, Infinity Crusade will not be the next TPB i will buy,i remember not being that much impressed from the first time i read it way back.

Spectacular Member

I really liked the Infinity Watch. I liked the art, and that was my favourite Drax. Crusade put me off crossover events.

I’m reading Nailbiter and The Fade Out. They’re good so far. Stopped at the first good cliffhanger. Nailbiter was about four issues in and Fade Out was the first issue.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by koonfasa View Post
    I really liked the Infinity Watch. I liked the art, and that was my favourite Drax. Crusade put me off crossover events.

I’m reading Nailbiter and The Fade Out. They’re good so far. Stopped at the first good cliffhanger. Nailbiter was about four issues in and Fade Out was the first issue.
    Agreed.Drax by Stralin in those comic books have a great characterisation.Quite funny the parts he apears in the stories.One thing i apreciated about the Starlin stories of the Infinity War is the funny scenes as well with the more cosmic tone of the story.
    I only read four stories of Warlock and the Infinity Watch,but the stories that crossover with Infinity War are quite good.The art is great indeed.

I've just started reading the Darth Vader OHC Volume 2.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    I've just started reading the Darth Vader OHC Volume 2.
    How are you finding it?

I finally got around to reading Ms Marvel (carol) collected edition volume one. It was 69 pence digitally, and it is rather good. I prefer this Carol over 2018 Carol.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    How are you finding it?

I finally got around to reading Ms Marvel (carol) collected edition volume one. It was 69 pence digitally, and it is rather good. I prefer this Carol over 2018 Carol.
    Loving it. Finished the "Vader Down" arc and the annual so far. I picked it up to read this morning to get in a Star Wars kinda mood in preparation for watching Solo tomorrow.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    Loving it. Finished the "Vader Down" arc and the annual so far. I picked it up to read this morning to get in a Star Wars kinda mood in preparation for watching Solo tomorrow.
    Glad to hear. I find the entire Darth Vader run amazing.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I finished reading the "Dark Night: A True Batman Story" HC by Paul Dini and illustrated by Eduardo Risso. A painfully honest autobiographical story by Paul Dini with some interesting and haunting artwork by Risso. A must for Dini and Risso "mature" fans.

I'm also several issues into the Animal Man Omnibus.