Page 23 of 221 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Reading the Alpha Flight Omnibus by John Byrne. I’m enjoying it, but wouldn’t say it’s a must-buy. No regrets here. I loved me some Byrne as a kid in the early 80s.

Astonishing Member

I am Reading Epic Marvel:Shang-Chi,Master of Kung Fu#1.
    Enjoying it a lot,have been way to many years since i read Shang-Chi stories,forgoten how cool they were.
    Man,just the art by Starlin,Gullacy is something else.And Doug Moench plots are quite interesting right from the first stories.

After finally finishing the Gotham Central Omnibus and catching up with some floppies, I'm now reading something that's been sitting on my shelf for ages...the original Secret Wars TPB.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Just finished reading x-men hidden years vol 1 & 2. It was fun to read what the original x-men where upto between #66 and giant size x-men. The art could of been better especially if you compare it to the FF issues collected in vol 2 draw by kirby and romita.
    I give it a 3.5/5

Just finished Wolverine by Jason Aaron Volume 3, as well as a chunk of X-23 Complete Collection Volume 2.

I'm also about to crack open the DHC Omnibus Star Wars: Rise of the Sith. I'm trying to read most Star Wars Legends content (movies, novels, comics, video games, etc.) in semi-chronological/semi-thematic order and blog about it. I've just started the prequel era. While I do own tons of Star Wars floppies, for the next while all Star Wars comics I'll be reading are from DHC omnibuses, including Rise of the Sith, The Complete Saga, Emissaries and Assassins, Quinlan Vos: Jedi in Darkness, Menace Revealed, and Clone Wars Volumes 1-3.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I finished reading the Original Sin OHC. Interesting and quite enjoyable with some very nice art by Mike Deodato. The additional Young Avengers stories (Originsl Sins) were OK. I also managed to read the annual and Operation S.I.N. which gives us some more background to what Nick Fury was about in OS.

Nearly finished reading Marvel Universe by John Byrne. Other than the Wolverine issues, all the art is “solid” John Byrne.

I especially enjoyed the Avengers and Captain America portions of the book. Highly recommend if you’re a fan of Byrne’s 70s and 80s art.

Just started Chew, about halfway through the first omnivore edition and am loving it. Such a fun series!

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I finished reading the Uncanny Avengers by Remender Omnibus and the AXIS OHC event. I initially found the first issues of the Omni quite good but then it got to be quite a convoluted mess and couldn't wait to finish it. There was some pretty good art for the most of it, however.

At the same time, I read Remender's Captain America run and quite enjoyed it. I'd like to see it Omnibused. I'd pick it up.

Working on Avengers Omnibus v3 at the moment. Loving the art by John Buscema, and the stories are mostly pretty good. And the size of this is very manageable...while I like big books, this is about the perfect page-count.

BANNED

I'm in the middle of Uncanny X-men Omnibus vol. 1 by Claremont and i'm dissapointed.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gurz View Post
    I'm in the middle of Uncanny X-men Omnibus vol. 1 by Claremont and i'm dissapointed.
    What do you dislike about it? Unfortunately not all “classic runs” are going to be considered amazing to everyone. Like for me watchmen. I enjoyed it, know it’s great but often times I was bored and frequently found myself taking a break to read something else.

Lucifer, I’d forgotten how good it is

Quote Originally Posted by Gurz View Post
    Once Byrne started drawing, the pace picks up. Don’t give up yet...good stuff to come.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    What do you dislike about it? Unfortunately not all “classic runs” are going to be considered amazing to everyone. Like for me watchmen. I enjoyed it, know it’s great but often times I was bored and frequently found myself taking a break to read something else.
    It's kind of silly... Like how Charles Xavier gathered the new X-Men... He was like lets go save the world, and they were all ok. Only an Apachi guy was like no, i won't go anywhere with a white guy... And Xavier was like Apachies are cowards, you are coward ! and the apachi guy was like ok, i will come with you to prove that Apachies are not cowards... I mean too easly convinced, the writing is not very smart. And there was this total Lovecraftian story arc... two parter or something... such a rip off. Leprichornes at the Casedy Keep of Banshee... What the heck is Leprichornes doing in X-Men, so silly. Moments like all the X-Men comes to one point and villain Eric The Red presses a button and ground opens and they all fall to his secret base... so silly, how can you know all the X-Men will gather at that point, it doesn't make sense, such a lazy writting and so on....

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    Once Byrne started drawing, the pace picks up. Don’t give up yet...good stuff to come.
    ok i will go on. I hope it will get better.