Page 136 of 220 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146186 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 3296
    All-New Member

I don't know anything about collected editions, but starting with Amazing Fantasy #15 I'm reading Amazing Spider-Man #1-100 (volume 1?).

After retiring 3 months ago I started collecting the original (volume 1?) Amazing Spider-Man # 51-100, mostly in the Marvel Tales reprints.
    When I started looking it was very confusing with all of the various issue/series, etc.
    Some years ago I got #1-50, all in Marvel Tales, plus Amazing Fantasy #15. My goal is to have 1-100.
    As far as I've been able to determine, ASM #'s 57, 58, 71, and 72 were never reprinted as stand alone books.
    So I have #57 which was reprinted in Marvel Tales #30 along with other stories, #58 in Ka-Zar #3, and an original 71.
    That leaves only #72 - Rocked By The Shocker to complete the list. I haven't found that locally so will probably get it on Ebay.

Spider-Man has always been my favorite character and I still have about 30 original books from my youth. The last of those is #42 so as memory serves other things started to pull me away from Spidey around that time.

Quote Originally Posted by spideyguy211 View Post
    I don't know anything about collected editions, but starting with Amazing Fantasy #15 I'm reading Amazing Spider-Man #1-100 (volume 1?).

After retiring 3 months ago I started collecting the original (volume 1?) Amazing Spider-Man # 51-100, mostly in the Marvel Tales reprints.
    When I started looking it was very confusing with all of the various issue/series, etc.
    Some years ago I got #1-50, all in Marvel Tales, plus Amazing Fantasy #15. My goal is to have 1-100.
    As far as I've been able to determine, ASM #'s 57, 58, 71, and 72 were never reprinted as stand alone books.
    So I have #57 which was reprinted in Marvel Tales #30 along with other stories, #58 in Ka-Zar #3, and an original 71.
    That leaves only #72 - Rocked By The Shocker to complete the list. I haven't found that locally so will probably get it on Ebay.

Spider-Man has always been my favorite character and I still have about 30 original books from my youth. The last of those is #42 so as memory serves other things started to pull me away from Spidey around that time.
    If you want to check out some collected editions the 3 Amazing Spider-man omnibuses (oversized, chunky hardcovers) collect the run up to issue #104 (+some annuals).
    These same issues are also collected in Epic collections, which are chunky trade paperbacks (usually between 300-500 pages). Just google "marvel epic collections" and check the wikipedia article for their names and ISBN numbers (the list in the article is pretty easy to follow).
    Some Epic collections are out of print and going for higher prices on the secondary market, not sure if that's the case with any of the ASM ones. The omnibuses tend to go out of print too but they were reprinted multiple times already (except for volume 3, because it's the newest one) so it's just a matter of patience.
    As for where to buy them online: if something is not OOP and you live in the US I'd highly recommend checking instocktrades.com or cheapgraphicnovels instead of ebay.

Incredible Member

Currently flying through Hellboy universe books. Yesterday I read Lobster Johnson TPBs 5 and 6, Sledgehammer 44 TPB and the first arc of the BPRD 1946-1948 omnibus, i.e. 1946.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    If you want to check out some collected editions the 3 Amazing Spider-man omnibuses (oversized, chunky hardcovers) collect the run up to issue #104 (+some annuals).
    These same issues are also collected in Epic collections, which are chunky trade paperbacks (usually between 300-500 pages). Just google "marvel epic collections" and check the wikipedia article for their names and ISBN numbers (the list in the article is pretty easy to follow).
    Some Epic collections are out of print and going for higher prices on the secondary market, not sure if that's the case with any of the ASM ones. The omnibuses tend to go out of print too but they were reprinted multiple times already (except for volume 3, because it's the newest one) so it's just a matter of patience.
    As for where to buy them online: if something is not OOP and you live in the US I'd highly recommend checking instocktrades.com or cheapgraphicnovels instead of ebay.
    Thanks for that info. I'll check them out. The omnibuses (another I never heard of) sound particularly interesting. :-)

Spectacular Member FreakyFraser's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    I've recently read Pulp by Brubaker and Phillips. I always enjoy their stuff and Pulp was another book I liked.

I've just had a re-read of The Black Beetle: No Way Out and I'm now re-reading The Black Beetle: Kara Bocek. So quite a bit of "pulp" reading recently!
    Just read Pulp past night and thoroughly enjoyed it. I have both Black Beetle hardcovers but have never gotten around to reading them. Maybe now is the time.

Spectacular Member

Just finished Marvels 25th Anniversary HC. It was a true pleasure from beginning to end. Marvels #2 even had me shedding a tear or two which is a rare occurrence for me when reading. The extras were really nice too. I enjoyed it so much that I can’t see letting it go from my collection. Highly recommend to anyone who hasn’t read it.

I just read A walk through hell complete series. I don't get it and didn't like it. A huge dissapointment.

Incredible Member

B.P.R.D. Vampire TPB - the brothers Gabriel Bá and Fábio Moon are back and this time not only on art duties, but they were giving the writing job too. After the first issue I would say they manage to get the tone of this universe right and the art is great as expected.

One important aspect of the Mignolaverse is that Dave Stewart did the colours on so many books, not only the main Hellboy and BPRD books but also in some of the "supporting" books such as Witchfinder and Lobster Johnson. This ensures a very consistent look / vibe between books, even when the artists' styles vary greatly, for instance Gary Gianni in Hellboy: Into the Silent Sea.

I'm currently reading the Giant Days Volume 2 TPB.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Amazing Member

Finishing the back half of the new printing of the Flash by Johns Omnibus. Never read it before and although it isn't as good as Johns' Green Lantern (so far) it's pretty well done. Love the Scott Kollins cartoony style art. It's all just a warm up as ship notice from CGN came yesterday for Green Arrow by Grell Omnibus!

I'm currently reading the Giant Days Volume 2 TPB.
    I feel like a reread of that is inevitable as soon as proper sweater weather kicks in. Such a fun, cozy series.

Quote Originally Posted by lodebone View Post
    Finishing the back half of the new printing of the Flash by Johns Omnibus. Never read it before and although it isn't as good as Johns' Green Lantern (so far) it's pretty well done. Love the Scott Kollins cartoony style art. It's all just a warm up as ship notice from CGN came yesterday for Green Arrow by Grell Omnibus!
    From what I remember, John's Flash run gets better with the 2nd and 3rd omnibuses. I also love Kollins' style, especially here, when he comes back to the title later it got more detailed but less energetic (or maybe just because he came on after Manapul, IIRC).

I feel like a reread of that is inevitable as soon as proper sweater weather kicks in. Such a fun, cozy series.
    Yeah I do like it, although I've just got to the point when the artist changed. I'm not digging the art as much but I've still ordered volumes 3 and 4.

Yeah I do like it, although I've just got to the point when the artist changed. I'm not digging the art as much but I've still ordered volumes 3 and 4.
    Sarin becomes the regular artist but I'm so used to their stuff I even forgot there was another artist on the series originally
    Both are great but I genuinely do love Sarin. It's just really nice, fluid and expressive cartooning and the storytelling has a great flow as well.

Incredible Member

Finished Hellboy Library Edition 6 yesterday (holy cow!) and tonight I will start on the B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth cycle with the first omnibus.

Sarin becomes the regular artist but I'm so used to their stuff I even forgot there was another artist on the series originally
    Both are great but I genuinely do love Sarin. It's just really nice, fluid and expressive cartooning and the storytelling has a great flow as well.
    Yeah it's a nice and easy book to pick up and read. I'm now reading volume 3.