Page 102 of 219 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 3272
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    Finally I got my hands in this book

I thought it was quite good but not as amazing as it's hyped up to be. Not up to the standards of The Visuon. Fantastic art by Barnaby Bagenda, though.

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    Rough Riders: Lock, stock an barrel the complete collection. I had never heard of this. Saw it pop-up and took the dive. And I'm realy liking it!
    Pleade let us know what you think when you finish it. I've read some and thought it wasn't bad and have been thinking of picking up this HC.

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    I'm really looking forward to rereading TWD. I need the last four (I think) HC books and a few more of the tie-in novels, and then I am taking a week off of work
    I wonder if all of the mini series will get a slipcase release?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    I wonder if all of the mini series will get a slipcase release?
    Wait, are there mini-series of comics? I was referring to the prose tie-ins.
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Wait, are there mini-series of comics? I was referring to the prose tie-ins.
    I’m not sure, I thought I read somewhere that there had been a Negan mini series amongst others but it may have just been prose tie-ins

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    I’m not sure, I thought I read somewhere that there had been a Negan mini series amongst others but it may have just been prose tie-ins
    Ohhh, interesting, will look into it. I guess it might also be TV show tie-ins.
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Pleade let us know what you think when you finish it. I've read some and thought it wasn't bad and have been thinking of picking up this HC.
    Yes, sure. I've read the first book/arc (7 issues). I like the steampunk feel. It's situated in a history that isn't how we know it. Famous people are used with a twist. One of the personages is Houdini for example, another is Edison. The are send to solve a problem (I don't want to spoil to much). In the first issue of the second arc they come back together after they went their own way.
    Last edited by JPAR; 01-04-2020 at 02:02 AM.

Incredible Member

Ohhh, interesting, will look into it. I guess it might also be TV show tie-ins.
    There is Negan specific Deluxe. image.jpg

It image.jpgcovers his story prior to his appearance in the main title. It is the only non-prose tie in I am aware of. A bit surprised if they didn’t squeeze it into one of the slipcase omnibus editions as it is not overly long.

Edit: sorry for the double pic my phone glitches and I hit the button twice to attach.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

I'm currently reading The Underwater Welder by Jeff Lemire.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Oh nice. Is that the same dimensions as the HC books?

Just finished Deodato's WW. Thoroughly enjoyable, although there is a gap between Perez and Deodato that I haven't filled yet so there were a few things that I needed to check up on.

Incredible Member

Oh nice. Is that the same dimensions as the HC books?
    Yes it is Deluxe/OHC sized.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Yes, sure. I've read the first book/arc (7 issues). I like the steampunk feel. It's situated in a history that isn't how we know it. Famous people are used with a twist. One of the personages is Houdini for example, another is Edison. The are send to solve a problem (I don't want to spoil to much). In the first issue of the second arc they come back together after they went their own way.
    I've finished it. And I can recommend it. There's a lot of action and speed in the stories. It keeps you fascinated and interested. I really like it. I'm now going to look into other titels from Aftershock.

Another book that didn't live up to the hype for me: Kill or be killed.
    Don't get me wrong, it's very good, but the way people talk about it is as if it's some transcendent experience, but it's just a decent half deconstruction on vigilantes.
    I think I've reached the point with the Phillips-Brubaker duo where I want them to do something different. Brubaker is still a VERY good writer, but all his indie work feels kinda samey for me, and I'm not talking about the plots, but his writing style.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I've finished it. And I can recommend it. There's a lot of action and speed in the stories. It keeps you fascinated and interested. I really like it. I'm now going to look into other titels from Aftershock.
    Thanks for the info. I'll keep it in mind and I may just pick it up at some point. Btw, is it oversized?

At the moment I'm reading Uncanny X-Force by Remender and I'm wondering what is the big deal with this run since almost everyone that gathers comics and collects them has put this run on a pedestal. For me (in my opinion) it is ok, but six issues so far and after every page I keep wondering what am I missing here that others see.

Since I have borrowed this to read in order to know if I'm going to purchase the omnibus reprint that is coming out in few months, so far it seems it will be a pass, unless something awaits me in the following issues.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Another book that didn't live up to the hype for me: Kill or be killed.
    Don't get me wrong, it's very good, but the way people talk about it is as if it's some transcendent experience, but it's just a decent half deconstruction on vigilantes.
    I think I've reached the point with the Phillips-Brubaker duo where I want them to do something different. Brubaker is still a VERY good writer, but all his indie work feels kinda samey for me, and I'm not talking about the plots, but his writing style.
    Interesting. I was going to order it this week. Can others chime in on Kill or be killed? How does this stack up?