Page 101 of 219 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 3277
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I've started reading EC Archives Two-fisted Tales Vol. 1 OHC. Beautifully presented as per usual with the EC Archives. I'm quite enjoying it.

Just finished descender book 2, very good stuff

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by RyanBlueThunder View Post
    I completely devoured a couple oversized hardcovers recently: the Rebirth Deluxe intro, Detective Comics Rebirth Deluxe vol. 1, and Fables vol. 1. I'm a bit disappointed in myself for buying the first 3 Fables OHC and not realizing that a complete collection will be rather difficult as volumes 4 & 7 are OOP and impossible to find. That's going to get on my nerves...harumph!

Finished Absolute Swamp Thing last night. Such a fantastic read. Unfortunately my copy has a bit of the glue separating from the ribbon so I'll want to get some book glue before another re-read (which will probably happen next year before vol 2 hopefully arrives).

Now to decide which to start next: another Batman title (Tomasi's Batman & Robin, Batman Eternal or Gotham Central omni); Seven Soldiers by Morrison; Aquaman by Johns; New Frontier Absolute; Age of Apocalypse+Companion omnis; or Descender vols. 1 & 2. I also picked up volumes 1-4 of The Sandman (which I've never read before) from a discord group...so might jump right into that.
    Highly recommend Gotham Central. Liked it so much that looking to get the Omni now after selling the tpb’s. The story is very strong and stays with you after ending. I do wish the art grabbed me a bit more but it fits well with the writing. I loved how it took a character like Renee Montoya and really made you care for her. I felt the weight of her decisions and what she had to live with. It’s not surprising how well it turned out. Brubaker and Rucka are such intelligent writers. Definitely recommend you won’t regret it.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

I'm reading Injustice Gods Among Us. I do enjoy an evil Superman story. The introduction to the book put me in the right frame of mind for the whole thing. This version of Superman reminds me of the Plutonian. And Mark Gruenwald's Squadron Supreme. It's insane how many books have done a variation on Gruenwald's original 12 issue Squadron Supreme series. The Justice League divided and versus itself? That recipe always wins!

I just finished the entire book and it was terrific. It really hit the spot for a line wide DC epic and I was surprised how many of the big moments, whether plot wise, emotional, or action wise had a ton of weight.
    Last edited by Johnny Thunders!; 12-24-2019 at 11:53 AM.

Dark Ark, Cullen Bunn can do no wrong BUT although the concept of this book is excellent, I’m having trouble getting past the art, which I’m not enjoying at all, as far as I’m concerned as as important as the writer is, Comics are a visual medium, and the best story in the world can be ruined by poor artwork

Just pulled Ultron Unleashed off of the shelf for not reason other than to enjoy these great stories.
    UU.jpg

Fantastic Member

House of X / Powers of X by Hickman. The first three issues are pretty impressive regarding scope and execution. I wasn't too impressed with the regular series following the event, but this read might make me reevaluate my first impression...

Spectacular Member FreakyFraser's Avatar

Got a full knee replacement a week and a half ago so not much else to do but read

Read the Gotham Central Omni (excellent) and Velvet Deluxe (pretty good) so far. Got DCeased Deluxe for Christmas, so it's next, and then I'm reading Kill or Be Killed Deluxe.

Read the League of extraordinary gentlemen: Tempest...it was certainly a book...
    Some parts I didn't care for too much, or some choices they made but it was good over all but not amazing (it really felt that Moore was just done with the whole business).
    Couldn't finish Bone, gave up at volume 3. Read it once before, thought it was good enough but I just didn't get the hype, tried to reread it but I just can't be bothered.
    For some reason I just keep looking at the Bones and think "but why? What even are you?" and their characterization can be very irritating too and the world building didn't really satisfy me.

I genuinely thought this is the end for me but then randomly decided not to wait for Boom! to release Giant days in hardcovers and started continuing the series digitally.
    The most fun I had with a comic book since like, I don't even know, June?
    I can barely put it down. I don't know why but this book gives me the level of entertainment I haven't had with any other book recently.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Read the League of extraordinary gentlemen: Tempest...it was certainly a book...
    Some parts I didn't care for too much, or some choices they made but it was good over all but not amazing (it really felt that Moore was just done with the whole business).
    Couldn't finish Bone, gave up at volume 3. Read it once before, thought it was good enough but I just didn't get the hype, tried to reread it but I just can't be bothered.
    For some reason I just keep looking at the Bones and think "but why? What even are you?" and their characterization can be very irritating too and the world building didn't really satisfy me.

I genuinely thought this is the end for me but then randomly decided not to wait for Boom! to release Giant days in hardcovers and started continuing the series digitally.
    The most fun I had with a comic book since like, I don't even know, June?
    I can barely put it down. I don't know why but this book gives me the level of entertainment I haven't had with any other book recently.
    I agree with all of this. I was never able to get into Bone when it was coming out originally. And Giant Days is my favorite original series of the last 5 years.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I finished reading EC Archives Two-Fisted Tales Vol. 1 HC from Dark Horse. Excellently presented with some very good art and entertaining stories. I hope that Dark House will get around to reprinting Vol. 2 which was published by Gemstone.

Finally I got my hands in this book

"The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Just had a marathon read of all the walking dead slipcase editions, originally had the about 10 of the deluxe editions but sold the to get the fancier ones, had been putting off reading them as I wasn’t that interested as the tv show had completely burned me, it was such a load of crap, but as the books had come to an (apparently) unexpected end, after I got the last book and with some time off over Christmas I thought I’d give them a go, I think this was the biggest binge read I have ever done, it was one book per sitting, and although it wasn’t perfect, I really enjoyed it, the last issue I thought was great, and it has certainly wiped the taste of the crappy tv show out of my mouth.
    I’ll be keeping these books and they will be read again someday at a slower pace

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Just had a marathon read of all the walking dead slipcase editions, originally had the about 10 of the deluxe editions but sold the to get the fancier ones, had been putting off reading them as I wasn’t that interested as the tv show had completely burned me, it was such a load of crap, but as the books had come to an (apparently) unexpected end, after I got the last book and with some time off over Christmas I thought I’d give them a go, I think this was the biggest binge read I have ever done, it was one book per sitting, and although it wasn’t perfect, I really enjoyed it, the last issue I thought was great, and it has certainly wiped the taste of the crappy tv show out of my mouth.
    I’ll be keeping these books and they will be read again someday at a slower pace
    I'm really looking forward to rereading TWD. I need the last four (I think) HC books and a few more of the tie-in novels, and then I am taking a week off of work
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Rough Riders: Lock, stock an barrel the complete collection. I had never heard of this. Saw it pop-up and took the dive. And I'm realy liking it!