Page 107 of 220 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157207 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 3296

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    My favourite Daredevil run. I hope you enjoy it if you haven't already read it. It can come across dated to some but it was revolutionary at the time and for me personally stands the test of time. Of course it's even better oversized.
    This is my first read. I finished my second read through of The Man Without Fear mini yesterday. I love that book. I didn't realise that was written over a decade after the issues in the TPB I'm reading now. I'm only a couple of issues in so far and the issues I've read were the Spectacular Spider-man ones.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    This is my first read. I finished my second read through of The Man Without Fear mini yesterday. I love that book. I didn't realise that was written over a decade after the issues in the TPB I'm reading now. I'm only a couple of issues in so far and the issues I've read were the Spectacular Spider-man ones.
    Yeah, TMWF by Miller & JRJR was written later (after he had introduced Elektra in the Daredevil run) in order to write her into Matt's early history/origin. There are some continuity inconsistencies in TMWF but it's generally considered canon. The Miller run really starts to pick up when Miller takes over the writing reigns and Janson inks his art, although the earlier issues where only Miller is the artist aren't bad.

I’m currently reading Jason Aaron’s Thor run from the various trades and am loving it. I’m up to where the female Thor has been introduced just after Original Sin. I’ve always had a lot of trouble with Thor putting me to sleep (I couldn’t even read Simonson’s run, which I wanted to love!) but this has been the run that has turned me around. Going to give Simonson’s run another go once I finish this.

Spectacular Member

I’m reading the Peter David Hulk omnibus right now. Really enjoying it so far and I’m over halfway through.

Re read Locke & Key, even tho I actually hate the "in preparation for the movie/tv show" mentality, cause there should be no preparation to watch a movie (other than putting your clothes on and buying your ticket) but I loved L&K so much that I felt like I needed a reread to see how the show will compare.
    I really hope the people at Netflix will do justice, cause this book is still an absolute must read! Will probably have to wait a few years to see how they execute the ending on tv but they have their work cut out for them. I forgot how emotional and devastating the last few issues are.

Incredible Member

Reading Dark Ark by Cullen Bunn. The first story of his that I read was harrow County which I really enjoyed.

About 3 issues in and the concept is very interesting, curious to see where it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    Reading Dark Ark by Cullen Bunn. The first story of his that I read was harrow County which I really enjoyed.

About 3 issues in and the concept is very interesting, curious to see where it goes.
    If you enjoy his writing definitely check out Sixth Gun and Damned.

Astonishing Member

Finished reading a hardcover edition of a collection of Marvel super heroes featuring Spider-Man.
    The stories are Amazing Fantasy#15 and Amazing Spider-Man Annual#1.And the contents of The Amazing Spider-Man by Joseph Michael Straczynski,Vol. 6: Happy Birthday TPB.
    The former are classic stories that i had re-read several times and the latter have stories that i have read before as well,and includes Amazing Spider-Man#500,a centenary story of ASM that´s quite good.

The last week I finally started a binge reading through my Absolute Sandman volumes. I finished up Volume 5 last night, and may wait a bit to read Absolute Death, Overture or the new Lucifer omnibus at some later point. I'm not sure why I had put off reading Gaiman's work for so long, but once I got through the 4th Volume I was surprised that the monthly series had reached an end, and really wanted more.

Now I'm not sure what to read next. I've been rotating nicely between reading DC, Marvel, Vertigo (and mixing in independent/IDW/Image/Boom titles occasionally), and it's kept things quite fresh. So before my Sandman binge, I quenched my Marvel fix reading X-Men Mutant Massacre, the new Black Bolt OHC and the Star Wars: Darth Vader vol. 1. And before that I read the Batman & Robin by Tomasi/Gleason omni.

I'd like to read another DC omni so my choices are: Batman Eternal, Gotham Central, Seven Soldiers, the new print of Flash by Johns vol. 1, or Injustice: Gods Among Us. I'm leaning toward Batman Eternal as I'd like to get caught up as much as possible on Snyder Bat (and really need to get around to reading Dark Knight Metal).

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by RyanBlueThunder View Post
    The last week I finally started a binge reading through my Absolute Sandman volumes. I finished up Volume 5 last night, and may wait a bit to read Absolute Death, Overture or the new Lucifer omnibus at some later point. I'm not sure why I had put off reading Gaiman's work for so long, but once I got through the 4th Volume I was surprised that the monthly series had reached an end, and really wanted more.

Now I'm not sure what to read next. I've been rotating nicely between reading DC, Marvel, Vertigo (and mixing in independent/IDW/Image/Boom titles occasionally), and it's kept things quite fresh. So before my Sandman binge, I quenched my Marvel fix reading X-Men Mutant Massacre, the new Black Bolt OHC and the Star Wars: Darth Vader vol. 1. And before that I read the Batman & Robin by Tomasi/Gleason omni.

I'd like to read another DC omni so my choices are: Batman Eternal, Gotham Central, Seven Soldiers, the new print of Flash by Johns vol. 1, or Injustice: Gods Among Us. I'm leaning toward Batman Eternal as I'd like to get caught up as much as possible on Snyder Bat (and really need to get around to reading Dark Knight Metal).
    Go with either Injustice or Gotham Central. Best of the bunch.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Re read Locke & Key, even tho I actually hate the "in preparation for the movie/tv show" mentality, cause there should be no preparation to watch a movie (other than putting your clothes on and buying your ticket) but I loved L&K so much that I felt like I needed a reread to see how the show will compare.
    I really hope the people at Netflix will do justice, cause this book is still an absolute must read! Will probably have to wait a few years to see how they execute the ending on tv but they have their work cut out for them. I forgot how emotional and devastating the last few issues are.
    Man that is one of my all time favorites. So many novel ideas and characterizations. I loved when they went back and showed what went on with the father and his friends.

The trailer hasn’t filled me with hope

Incredible Member

If you enjoy his writing definitely check out Sixth Gun and Damned.
    Thanks for the tip! Actually I also really enjoyed Dark Ark, so he is on my list of writers to watch.

Side note: this was my first OHC from Aftershock comics and it is really well-made.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by RyanBlueThunder View Post

How did you like Mutant Massacre? I've just finished the Masterworks and TPBs leading right up to it and at least during the Epic Collection "The Gift", there were some not so great issues. Luckily it picked up again in TPB "Ghosts". But overall that phase was not as engaging as the material in Uncanny X-Men Omnibus 3, so I hope that Mutant Massacre picks up again.

As for your next read: Injustice Omnibus took me all of two sittings to read, it was that good. Real page turner! So I'd definitely recommend it.

Finished the Daredevil by Bendis omni; kinda dark and heavy stuff but I couldn't put it down and I liked where it ended up. Definitely getting vol. 2 next month.

Part way into Batman by Loeb/Sale omni now, really enjoying it. Nice quick reads except for the time I spend lingering to soak in the incredible art (yikes to that Penguin!).