Page 112 of 221 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162212 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 3302

I'm re reading my Essential Tomb of Dracula vols. I own all the floppies but to me, Gene Colons art just pops in b&w.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    American Vampire omnibus, enjoying it despite the art (which I’m not digging)
    I've found the story very disposable and try hard (like basically everything Snyder does) but I've read the whole omnibus and didn't want to set it on fire.
    I actually really like the art style but I don't think it's very good for horror. Too much super hero comic type posing, which I guess is good for communicating information effectively when you are telling an action story (although I have increasingly less and less patience for that).
    The one chapter Sean Murphy does is the best (but that story has one of the most awful plot devices in the form of a character who gets introduced and disposed of within a page and a half).

I'm currently re reading Ultimate Spider-man after absolute ages and it's weird how it can be super trite and decompressed but disjointed at the same time. Takes 6 issues to tell the origin but it jumps between scenes seemingly random.
    Also while I find Bagley a super competent artist his style just makes the books ridiculous and dated.

Incredible Member

Finished Ennis' Punisher Max run yesterday and really liked it.

Now on to the Witcher Library Edition for a change of scenery

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

I just finished Tom Scioli's Fantastic Four Grand Design. This book and the book by the X-Men move a million miles an hour, it helps if you have read chunks of the comic history, but these books stand on their own. I didn't think the FF book or this series would work twice but I was out of breath by the last panel. I just need to read the Ed Piskor re-colored version of "This Man, This Monster". I think I am going to re-read the X-Men one too.

Hi all!

Just finished the Jason Aaron Star Wars Omnibus (which i loved!) and wanted to know what people opinions are on the other main books in the line? I read Darth Vader and enjoyed, but not loved it. Are the Leia, Dameron and Kanan books any good?

I haven't read this for a while and now for the first time in this big format. I love the art this big. Big Damn Sin City! And it is big. Damn!

Just started my Hellboy LE editions, did read them as they came out, apart from Hellboy in hell which is still in its cellophane, I’m going into it blind

Just started my Hellboy LE editions, did read them as they came out, apart from Hellboy in hell which is still in its cellophane, I’m going into it blind
    I only got into Hellboy because of the LE books, want to give more of the universe a go but am holding out for more LE books.

I am buying the Joe Gollum books as they come out though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    I only got into Hellboy because of the LE books, want to give more of the universe a go but am holding out for more LE books.

I get the joe golem books as they come out too, I don’t think there will be any bprd books out as LE editions, I think the current smaller omnis are as good as it’s going to get and to be honest I really enjoy the size of them, plenty of pages and not to unwieldily

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    I haven't read this for a while and now for the first time in this big format. I love the art this big. Big Damn Sin City! And it is big. Damn!
    I recently got this and read the first three stories. It's massive but I agree - the art is so great this way! Bout time to climb back into it again...got hung up on the prose sections of the LoEG omni and need a break from that.

I get the joe golem books as they come out too, I don’t think there will be any bprd books out as LE editions, I think the current smaller omnis are as good as it’s going to get and to be honest I really enjoy the size of them, plenty of pages and not to unwieldily
    Cool, I'll keep an eye out for them.

Incredible Member

[Deleted. Wrong thread.]
    Last edited by Foxy; 03-25-2020 at 06:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Hank View Post
    I recently got this and read the first three stories. It's massive but I agree - the art is so great this way! Bout time to climb back into it again...got hung up on the prose sections of the LoEG omni and need a break from that.
    I just finished it. What a ride. Maybe the LoEG omnibus will be next. Haven't read that one for a while too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post

There won't be any LE books for other series than Hellboy (according to Dark Horse). BPRD and others will get a hardcover omnibus and otherwise you'll have to go for the softcovers.

I'm currently reading Moomin: The Complete Tove Jansson Comic Strip - Book 2.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"