Page 114 of 219 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124164214 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 3284
    BANNED

Punisher: Back to The War Omnibus Overall 4/10

I will give special long review to the first appearence of Punisher in The Amazing Spider-Man.

It had its logical gaps like Spider-Man's spider sense thingling when Punisher tried to shoot him from a roof top but later on Punisher's wire gun, Jackles Attack from behind with his poisonuns or something claws and no spider sense... what are you gonna do, it's comics. Spider-Man kicks and punches punisher... that should probably kill punisher, i don't think as a normal human, he can take a punch from Spider-Man and so on but it sure was fun.

I never thought Punisher had a code of honor at the begining... He had more like whatever it takes to job done kind of attitude in punisher comics... But here, he's very conserned that he didn't kill spider-man in a honorable way... again... comics... lol I don't like Soldiers but i can see myself play grab ass with Punisher. jk I always wanted to read this first appereance, and i don't approve punisher's ways but oh boy, as a guy who grew up with 80s action films, does punisher pull me in ! I sometimes miss watching something one man army like a Stalone, Arnold or Ludgerin film, and Punisher is my go to thing to read at times like this. Just don't take it serious and no real humans hurt in the making of this comics makes it ok.

Parker had a social life and a fun personalty with soon to be a girl friend who loves to have fun (Marry Jane) That was different from DC... Batman for example usually has no social life... He's all about the mission. Then again i like that better 'cause you need to be bat ---- insane to be a vigilante. lol

Parkers interaction with JJ. and other Daily Bugle workers were really fun to read, I have never seen a worker at Daily Planet have any deeper relationship than Parker had with Daily Bugle workers. A girl said to parker '' i know we are not close like we used to but i want you to come to my party parker'' I have never seen anything this level in DC. If these characters had a close reletaionship, and now, they are not so close but the girl shows some efford to go back to old days with his friend Parker, that's very extraordinary for a comics, a different flaivour than DC.

I haven't read so many spider-man for long time... Marvel put all the punisher appearances in spider-man in to the back to the war omnibus... This is not what i signed up for... i just want to read Punisher. I wish punisher just put a bullet in to spider-man's head and save me from this torture... lol

It was fun at the begining. I have never read this much old spider-man issues before... but later on spider-man and spider-man again kind of made me sick and tired of spider-man.

They always misundestand each other and fight in spider-man... First Punisher and now Nightcrawler...
    after a big fight, they start to talk '' you are the killer !'' ''no, you are the killer'' '' wait a minute i thought you were the killer, oh golly, sorry for beating the crap out of you'' .... why can't you just sit down and talk, god damn it...lol

And i finally came to the Daredevil vs Punisher issues of Frank Miller... I read the first issue and it was so good... After all the crapy spider-man stories made me wishing for corona...to just end my missery... lol Frank Miller came to my help.

Top notch art and writting. I forgot how good it was after all these years... It restored my faith in superhero comics again.

after Miller DD, there came another Spider-Man & Punisher team up... this time i didn't bother to read all of the issue, i just read Punisher's lines, and it wasn't half bad.

Finally the Punisher's first mini, but what a dissapointment it was, punisher played right into the hand of Kingpin like an amateur. He started a gang war... as a result of this, Punisher was responseble from the death of so many innocents... I was just like, what a load of crap, Punisher acted like The Spoiler in The Batman: War Games... lol

Overall, not the brightest Punisher Omnibus ever... It's the best for everyone to Just stick with Ennis.

Amazing Member

I've been reading Powers by Brian Michael Bendis. On Volume 4. LOVING it!

I'm also reading the first JSA omnibus. It's fun but as someone who is not that well versed in DC history, reading something that is so entrenched in DC continuity is strange. I don't really know who is who and who is related to who and how many incarnations this or that superhero has. It's just a lot of history but I am looking forward to getting into John's run properly.

Spectacular Member FreakyFraser's Avatar

Nice.....Powers was my favorite book for quite awhile. Worth a re-read, especially with the new hardcover coming out that wraps up the last storyline that was left hanging.

Quote Originally Posted by FreakyFraser View Post
    Nice.....Powers was my favorite book for quite awhile. Worth a re-read, especially with the new hardcover coming out that wraps up the last storyline that was left hanging.
    When is that coming out?

Just finished the Authority omni (got it to replace the two Absolutes I sold) still excellent stuff, I wish they would do a couple of wildcats omnis

Incredible Member

On the last deluxe edition of Scalped. Maybe 5-6 issues to go at most and it's not losing steam. Can't wait to read the end tonight after work.

Best read so far this year (unless the final issues suddenly undo everything, which I doubt and really not hope).

Currently reading Superman : The Man of Steel Vol. 5. I found vols. 1-3 to be pretty good to awesome but vol. 4 just didn't connect with me. Fortunately, I'm enjoying vol. 5 way more.

Quote Originally Posted by Amacent View Post
    Currently reading Superman : The Man of Steel Vol. 5. I found vols. 1-3 to be pretty good to awesome but vol. 4 just didn't connect with me. Fortunately, I'm enjoying vol. 5 way more.
    Byrne’s run is so good.

I’m up to the Epic collections of Peter David’s Hulk run, issue #422 at the moment. Really really enjoying it (as I generally do with David’s work.)

I've just started reading Daredevil By Frank Miller & Klaus Janson Volume 2 TPB. Volume 1 definitely got better the further into it I got, so I'm looking forward to see what volume 2 has in store.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

I have to go into work today unfortunately, so I have decided to take Morrison’s Batman omnibus 1 with me and start on that, I’m not a massive Morrison fan, I did have the Batman stuff he had released in the absolute format which I never really got into (and sold) I’m hoping it reads better as an omni

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    I have to go into work today unfortunately, so I have decided to take Morrison’s Batman omnibus 1 with me and start on that, I’m not a massive Morrison fan, I did have the Batman stuff he had released in the absolute format which I never really got into (and sold) I’m hoping it reads better as an omni
    Your job sounds good if you get to read comics
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I love Morrison; the omni is amazing and reading it like that will only add to the enjoyment.

I am almost done with Brubaker/Fraction run of Uncanny X-Men I am on X-Men vs Dark Avengers: Utopia. I really enjoy the inclusion of Namor but it is so clunky as how he became involved. I will continue to read the run until I get to Gillen. Let's see if it picks up

I love his Batman run but I have a feeling you won't care for it. It starts out as a sort of Dennis O'Neill pastiche, then fluctuates between weird full on Morrison and goofier adventure stuff with a grotesque edge.

Loving my TWD read through and it's all fresh as it was so long ago that I read any of it. I've also paused after V4 to read the first four novels (Governor stories). I've heard some people say that it gets old eventually though, is there a certain point (no spoilers!) that it starts to drag a bit?
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Loving my TWD read through and it's all fresh as it was so long ago that I read any of it. I've also paused after V4 to read the first four novels (Governor stories). I've heard some people say that it gets old eventually though, is there a certain point (no spoilers!) that it starts to drag a bit?
    I finished it all recently (I had about 1 - 7 of the HC’s then I sold them and started getting the slipcase editions) I didn’t expect to enjoy them that much as the TV show really put me off the whole idea, so the slipcase editions were sitting on my shelf still sealed, I had heard the (comic) series had finished so I thought I’d give them ago, long story short, I really enjoyed the whole thing, it had none of the stupid (or boring) plot lines that dragged the tv show down, and the ending wasn’t a let down like some (The Goon) so hopefully, you will enjoy the whole thing, do the novels add much?