Page 116 of 220 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126166216 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 3296
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    I'm reading through mine as well, except it's not a re-read for me. It's my first time reading it.
    I really hope you enjoy it and it hasn't been overhyped too much for you that you expect a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I really hope you enjoy it and it hasn't been overhyped too much for you that you expect a lot more.
    I've read The Man Without Fear and all 3 of the Miller and Janson TPBs and I loved them. Born Again is the last Miller book I've got to read, so I'll be disappointed when I've finished it. I definitely get why people like Miller's run so much.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

I'm reading through mine as well, except it's not a re-read for me. It's my first time reading it.
    Wow. You're in a for a treat. Just curious, have you read DD v2 at all?
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Wow. You're in a for a treat. Just curious, have you read DD v2 at all?
    Brubaker's first omni is the only volume 2 stuff I've read so far. I loved it. I've got the Marvel Knights omni, both Bendis omnis and both Brubakers omnis to read now though, so I can do a good read through. I'm still in 2 minds about whether to buy the Shadowland omni or not.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I've read The Man Without Fear and all 3 of the Miller and Janson TPBs and I loved them. Born Again is the last Miller book I've got to read, so I'll be disappointed when I've finished it. I definitely get why people like Miller's run so much.
    Miller's run is my absolute favourite Daredevil run and I"ve read everything Daredevil. Ahead of its time when it initially came out and IMHO still holds up well today.

Brubaker's first omni is the only volume 2 stuff I've read so far. I loved it. I've got the Marvel Knights omni, both Bendis omnis and both Brubakers omnis to read now though, so I can do a good read through. I'm still in 2 minds about whether to buy the Shadowland omni or not.
    You are in definitely in for a treat with those 5 Omnis. I didn't find Shadowland that bad although it's not great and has a lot of haters. It has a few "good"moments and the art is pretty good. Some of the crossover series aren't great. If you want a complete picture of Matt at his lowest and darkest and a continuous flow into Waid's run, get it, in particular if you can get it "cheap". You can always sell it when it goes OOP.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Almost finished up with Avengers Epic: Operation Galactic Storm.

Then I will jump into the next two volumes (Fear The Reaper & The Gatherers Strike).
    Finished all 3 epics and enjoyed them way more than I was expecting. The only real dud was a writer fill-in story with Grim Reaper.

Hoping they continue to release Avengers epics past volume 24 as I want to read more of Black Knight, Crystal, Herc, Sersi, & Viz.

Read Batman: White Knight: Probably the best Batman story I've read in a long time. Very interesting concept and mainly well executed, although at times a bit fan servicy around the end but I guess Murphy just wanted to draw some cool stuff.
    Also liked how the concept tried to play out naturally and didn't try to enforce the usual status quo or a certain viewpoint ( like: Batman has to be right because he is Batman or the Joker has to be right because this is his story, etc) but there are still a couple of hick ups here and there.
    And kudos to Murphy for writing a Batman that is absolutely an a-hole but has his own reasons and motivations to be one. I'm VERY tired of Batman always being portrayed righteous while most of the time I find him unbearable and unreasonable.

Also 4 issues in to Zdarksy's Daredevil and this is already a huge improvement over Soul and Garney's/Noto's run, both story and art.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Read Batman: White Knight: Probably the best Batman story I've read in a long time. Very interesting concept and mainly well executed, although at times a bit fan servicy around the end but I guess Murphy just wanted to draw some cool stuff.
    Also liked how the concept tried to play out naturally and didn't try to enforce the usual status quo or a certain viewpoint ( like: Batman has to be right because he is Batman or the Joker has to be right because this is his story, etc) but there are still a couple of hick ups here and there.
    And kudos to Murphy for writing a Batman that is absolutely an a-hole but has his own reasons and motivations to be one. I'm VERY tired of Batman always being portrayed righteous while most of the time I find him unbearable and unreasonable.

Also 4 issues in to Zdarksy's Daredevil and this is already a huge improvement over Soul and Garney's/Noto's run, both story and art.
    I loved the art in White Knight but thought the story lost some steam. It may also be because my opinion on Murphy has been soured of late.

V2 is amazing. Both Bendis and Bru have outstanding runs. I even like the run after their's running up to and through Shadowland.

Then you get Waid's DD, which is really cool. You have a lot of awesome books to read if you choose to.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Miller's run is my absolute favourite Daredevil run and I"ve read everything Daredevil. Ahead of its time when it initially came out and IMHO still holds up well today.
    Agreed. Miller's run blew me away when I read it back when it came out and it's still awesome. I could read it over and over.

Read Batman: White Knight: Probably the best Batman story I've read in a long time.
    It is super cool. I have always liked Murphy's art, but was pleasantly surprised by his writing. I would really like to see him get a stint on the regular Batman book.
    Completely agree. Soule's run was good but Zdarksy is killing it on DD right now. Absolutely love it.

It is super cool. I have always liked Murphy's art, but was pleasantly surprised by his writing. I would really like to see him get a stint on the regular Batman book.
    I don't, I think it's much more exciting when he is allowed to make changes to the status quo. But he is expanding the White knight line I think to multiple books (unless I was just dreaming it ).

Spectacular Member

Just finished "Batman : The Long Halloween". I had heard it was good, but was not a huge fan of Sale's art. I will say, I loved it and Sale has won me over!

Marvel Visionaries: John Buscema
    My all time favorite artist.
    Attached Images Attached Images

You are in definitely in for a treat with those 5 Omnis. I didn't find Shadowland that bad although it's not great and has a lot of haters. It has a few "good"moments and the art is pretty good. Some of the crossover series aren't great. If you want a complete picture of Matt at his lowest and darkest and a continuous flow into Waid's run, get it, in particular if you can get it "cheap". You can always sell it when it goes OOP.
    I finished Born Again last night and thought it was brilliant. I'm disappointed to have finished Miller's run and I agree with you in that it was ahead of it's time. I can't believe it was written ~40 years ago. I did have questions in between finishing the 3rd TPB and then reading Born Again, so had to do some googling to fill in some gaps regarding Heather, Glori etc.

I'll try and get Shadowland cheap. It's still one of the slightly more expensive omnis at the moment but I've got plenty to read before I get there anyway.

V2 is amazing. Both Bendis and Bru have outstanding runs. I even like the run after their's running up to and through Shadowland.

Then you get Waid's DD, which is really cool. You have a lot of awesome books to read if you choose to.
    I've got the 2 Waid omnis as well. I can see me adding a load of Epics to my collection as well lol. I've got A Touch of Typhoid to read next.