Page 118 of 220 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128168218 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 3287

Wildcats 3.0: heard so many good things about this series but...I don't know, maybe because of the lack of context, but it fell a bit short.
    The art is pretty good when Nguyen is doing it but the rest is just okay.
    The first 3-4 issues felt very dry and I wasn't sure why I should care, then it got better but never really shaped up to be anything at all. I know it got cancelled but the last like 5 issues were about a bunch of new characters (or at least new to me) fighting a villain that wasn't introduced in this series before.
    Also Agent Wax is a rapist and it's barely addressed. He literally does what the Purple man did in Alias over at Marvel, except Wax is one of the protagonists.
    People say this is the forgotten companion series to Ellis' Authority that's just as good as that one but I really don't see it.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by madave View Post

Loved Bone, might read that again. How did you find reading that edition? I have some (used, and a bit tattered) copies of the Canadian three-volume colour hardbacks, http://www.scholastic.ca/books/view/...sion-books-7-9. They are about the same size as a Marvel/DC Trade paperback, so I think that the pages are larger and also I guess its its easier to read being broken up into three books. Don't have the Full Color One Volume edition to compare though, not sure if it would be an upgrade.
    It was a little uncomfortable being so thick and heavy but I didn't mind so much as I would read a couple of chapters moreorless every night in bed and I like having the whole thing in one quality hardback.

Currently reading Titan Doctor Who one story at a time in between other stuff. Just read The Weeping Angels of Mons, which remains my favourite Doctor Who comic story and possibly one of my favourite of all. I live in Glasgow, I was raised in Dundee, weeping angels are my favourite and I love the world wars as a setting. It just has everything for me
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Currently reading Titan Doctor Who one story at a time in between other stuff. Just read The Weeping Angels of Mons, which remains my favourite Doctor Who comic story and possibly one of my favourite of all. I live in Glasgow, I was raised in Dundee, weeping angels are my favourite and I love the world wars as a setting. It just has everything for me
    Great DW story. How far away is Dundee from Tyrone Co?

20200420_140143.jpg
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Great DW story. How far away is Dundee from Tyrone Co?

20200420_140143.jpg
    I think the Dundee aspect hits me so hard because the Tay disaster is such a big event in our history and I used to cross the Tay road bridge every day and look over at the Tay rail bridge and think about it. What's Tyrone Co?

Love the t-shirt
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

I think the Dundee aspect hits me so hard because the Tay disaster is such a big event in our history and I used to cross the Tay road bridge every day and look over at the Tay rail bridge and think about it. What's Tyrone Co?
    Oops, sorry. It is Tyrone County, Ireland.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Oops, sorry. It is Tyrone County, Ireland.
    Ohhhhh. Dundee is in Scotland (NE), but it does have a large Irish history and for those into it, a few awesome Irish bars I believe

Ohhhhh. Dundee is in Scotland (NE), but it does have a large Irish history and for those into it, a few awesome Irish bars I believe
    Yeah, but how far is it, hours wise? Like if you were going to take a trip there?

Yeah, but how far is it, hours wise? Like if you were going to take a trip there?
    I think you can drive there in about 8 hours or something, with a ferry of course, unless you are James Bond. Aquaman can do it in 20 minutes. It's probably only an hour by plane though

I am reading "Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe", a quick and arguably mindless read, before re-reading the 90s Infinity Saga, from road to Infinity Gauntlet up to Ifinity Crusade + Blood and Thunder.

Recently finished reading Batman's "Dark Victory" and I liked it very much, I thought it was even better than "The Long Halloween", as it builds on this one while being somehow more unpredictable.

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    Recently finished reading Batman's "Dark Victory" and I liked it very much, I thought it was even better than "The Long Halloween", as it builds on this one while being somehow more unpredictable.
    It's been a while since I've read them but I remember feeling the same way.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I've started reading the Deluxe OHC of Man and Superman by Marv Wolfman & Claudio Castellini.

Guardians of the galaxy by Donny Cates:
    Cates' amazing cosmic madness deflates as it crashes into Marvel continuity.
    Pretty decent run with some cool moments but over all it pales in comparison to Thanos wins and CGR: Baby Thanos must die.
    Less emphasis on Ghost rider means less fun, also more Marvel continuity means less opportunities for Cates to do some crazy guff that elevated his previous two series. And it didn't help that there were a tons of references to previous events and other series. It annoys me a bit that Thanos wins and CGR could be read as its own thing but their conclusion is part of the big Marvel cosmic storyline, ruining a great stand alone run.
    And I just don't find this half comics half movie version of the Guardians that appealing.

Silver Surfer black:
    Love Tradd Moore and I thought Cates was a good writer but this is just not what I wanted to see from them.
    Most of the story is internal monologue with some abstract space crap I couldn't care less about and Moore's art isn't as exciting when he can just draw all kinds of abstract shapes whenever he wants to.
    When he is making real life objects and situations exaggerated, dynamic and weird that's exciting (Ghost rider or Luther Strode) but when it's just some undefined space blobs for page after page it looses me very quickly since I'm not on LSD.
    This story needed to be more grounded for me to enjoy it, I think that's what Slott did right with Surfer, gave him Dawn and she became our human POV.

Also Knull is the least scary cosmic god I've ever seen and I think I'll just excuse myself from everything he is involved in from now on.

Currently reading Avengers Epic: The Collection Obsession.

My reading order is a little out of whack as I just read the subsequent volumes, but oh well.

I really enjoyed Peter David's Incredible Hulk Annual #17 (part 2 of the subterranean wars). In fact, I enjoyed it so much that I just bought the Peter David Hulk Omnibus, which I originally wrote off a few months back.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Batman Allies Alfred Pennyworth as I enjoy theese collections showcasing different eras
    Last edited by batnbreakfast; 04-23-2020 at 03:49 AM.