Page 119 of 220 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129169219 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 3287

I'm reading the Dynamite Entertainment version of the Dreadstar Omnibus Volume 1.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Just finished Batman Vol 2 by Morrison, I was kinda split, I enjoyed the stuff with Dick as Batman (Batman and Robin?) but the Bruce Wayne returning from the past stuff? I found myself just rushing through it to get back to Dick and Damien

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Just finished Batman Vol 2 by Morrison, I was kinda split, I enjoyed the stuff with Dick as Batman (Batman and Robin?) but the Bruce Wayne returning from the past stuff? I found myself just rushing through it to get back to Dick and Damien
    That's also the way I've read it. Batman and Robin was the highlight

Started on DD by Bendis vol.2, good stuff so far. Still going through LoEG omni, finished vol. 2 and it's as great as ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Yeah, very dry stuff. I ended up donating that specific book out of my Morrison Batman collection before upgrading to omnibus format. I will most likely end up skipping it during my re-read.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    I think you can drive there in about 8 hours or something, with a ferry of course, unless you are James Bond. Aquaman can do it in 20 minutes. It's probably only an hour by plane though
    Wow. I thought it would be closer than that.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Incredible Member

I read Spider-man: Light in the Darkness over the past week which is the first 13 or so issues of Paul Jenkins run on the Peter Parker: Spider-man title. I was around 10/11 when Jenkins and JMS were starting their runs on their respective Spider-man titles and generally used my limited money at the time to keep up with JMS's run (which I still really enjoy). While I've read a few on Jenkins issues here and there before, this was the first major exposure I had to his initially run. I really enjoyed what I have read of it so far. I feel like Jenkins captures Peter's voice really well and I like that a lot of his one off issues present a different aspect of Spider-man's world. I want to track down the rest of his run now.

Spectacular Member

I finished the Harley Quinn and the Gotham City Sirens Omnibus. Took me only 2-3 days to get through it. Was a very fun read that makes you keep going. I just love seeing Ivy, Catwoman and Harley getting fleshed out in a deeper way. I wish the title was just Gotham City Sirens for the Omni but I understand DC thinking sales would benefit with Harley in the title. It’s just that I see it as not representative of the actual book and a bit disrespectful to Catwoman and Ivy. The main audience for this does not need Harley in the title to understand the context for the series. Anyways, the story was generally great and I loved the pacing. The art was great throughout but dropped a bit with pencillers like Peter Nguyen. Nothing that detracted much from the experience though. Also want to say Ivy was very alluring lol. I can see why she has the men of Gotham under her sway. She doesn’t even need the pheromones most of the time if you ask me. It’s a shame that there are probably people out there who wouldn’t even think to give this a second look and they’d be making a mistake especially if they have any passing interest in the Batverse. I highly recommend this read. A lot of fun and definitely one for the collection.

Marvel Knights reprints MKXX:
    - Marvel Knights Daredevil by Smith & Quesada: Guardian Devil
    - Marvel Knights Daredevil by Mack & Quesada: Parts of a Hole
    - Marvel Knights Daredevil by Bendis, Jenkins, Gale & Mack: Unusual Suspects
    - Marvel Knights Punisher by Golden, Sniegoski & Wrightson: Purgatory
    - Marvel Knights Punisher By Peyer & Gutierrez: Taxi Wars
    - Marvel Knights Punisher by Garth Ennis: The Complete Collection Vol. 1-3
    +
    Inhumans By Paul Jenkins & Jae Lee (softcover omni)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Hank View Post
    Started on DD by Bendis vol.2, good stuff so far. Still going through LoEG omni, finished vol. 2 and it's as great as ever.
    Very good stuff. Did you read Kevin Smith and Davic Mack's stories before, they are the introduction to this story that continues avec Bendis with Ed Brubaker then finishes with Andy Diggle.
    The full story, is the entire Marvel Knights era and is a very good storyline.
    I recommande from this era, the Marvel Knights Punisher by Garth Ennis and the Inhumans By Paul Jenkins & Jae Lee.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I finished reading the Deluxe OHC of Man and Superman by Marv Wolfman & Claudio Castellini. Not a bad story. The linework by Castellini is excellent although I'm not a fan of his Lois Lane. She has a Sophia Loren look about her. Maybe it's an Italian thing. I don't mind Sophia Loren as Sophia Loren but not as Lois Lane. There's a ton of additional stuff at the back of the book and some really cool sketches. Castellini presents his methods of drawing which I found very interesting and enjoyable to look at.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I finished reading the Deluxe OHC of Man and Superman by Marv Wolfman & Claudio Castellini. Not a bad story. The linework by Castellini is excellent although I'm not a fan of his Lois Lane. She has a Sophia Loren look about her. Maybe it's an Italian thing. I don't mind Sophia Loren as Sophia Loren but not as Lois Lane. There's a ton of additional stuff at the back of the book and some really cool sketches. Castellini presents his methods of drawing which I found very interesting and enjoyable to look at.
    This reminds me of Maleev’s art in Daredevil if I’m not mistaken. There was a scene with Spider-Man I believe who was clearly modeled off Leonardo DiCaprio and another character was modeled off Kate Moss. It was very jarring and annoying. I really don’t like artists using real life people as models in comics. It’s lazy and they should realize that a lot of people will pick up on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nab432 View Post
    This reminds me of Maleev’s art in Daredevil if I’m not mistaken. There was a scene with Spider-Man I believe who was clearly modeled off Leonardo DiCaprio
    Yeah, that was blatant. David Mack was the artist.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ShooCat View Post
    Yeah, that was blatant. David Mack was the artist.

Yep that’s the one. Thanks for the correction there as well.

Spectacular Member FreakyFraser's Avatar

Randomly got a good deal on all 5 Y The Last Man Deluxe HCs......on book 4 and not exactly loving it. I find it all a bit simple and stupid at times......adding it to the sell pile when I'm done.