Page 12 of 220 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    it's just kind of run of the mill compared to other titles that were doing stuff no one seen before in comics.
    I will get to it at some point. Not really up there on my must read list at the moment. 60s X-Men seems like it should be great. Maybe it wasn't given the effort like on other titles at the time.
    Last edited by RamblingMan; 11-26-2017 at 04:03 PM.

Finally getting around to Atomic Robo book 3 - Hell and Lightning, good clean fun

Incredible Member

Absolute League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Volume 1 - so much fun

Just read Low deluxe. Beautiful!

Now starting Saga deluxe book 1. Never read Saga, so I'm exited.

Incredible Member

Finishing up Lemires Green Arrow Deluxe. I think it's pretty great.
    I read the first Saga deluxe book a few months ago. It was one of those books I couldn't put down. I have the second one still to read at some point.

Akira vol 5.
    Have to be honest, it's good but didn't blow me away so far. There are parts that are great but some parts felt like a bit of a slog inbetween the bigger action beats. Although I'm enjoying it more than Death note so far and still have 2 volumes to go. And the action is very well executed, dynamic and feels like things have weight to them.
    It's also possible that because I've seen the anime a couple of times before I've expected a more flashed out world because the anime doesn't really give us much background info but by the time the manga's story passes the the point of the anime I felt like I barely got any extra info (especially the political and social status of the country was a bit unclear).

I’m currently reading Spider-Man and Dr Strange: ‘The Way To Dusty Death’.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Akira vol 5.
    Have to be honest, it's good but didn't blow me away so far. There are parts that are great but some parts felt like a bit of a slog inbetween the bigger action beats. Although I'm enjoying it more than Death note so far and still have 2 volumes to go. And the action is very well executed, dynamic and feels like things have weight to them.
    It's also possible that because I've seen the anime a couple of times before I've expected a more flashed out world because the anime doesn't really give us much background info but by the time the manga's story passes the the point of the anime I felt like I barely got any extra info (especially the political and social status of the country was a bit unclear).
    I enjoyed Akira, but every now and then it did slog a bit. Overall was a great read couple things I would have liked some more detail on like what happened to Kaneda at the end of book III. I just grabbed Death Note's all in one edition as it was pretty cheap for a lot of material. Bit of a blind buy for me, but have heard good things glad to hear that is well done and cannot wait to read it.

I'm slogging through Batman: Cataclysm at the moment. It is so long and every issue is about the same. Something is happening and then the earthquake hits.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Uncanny Xmen MMW vol 2. First time reading these issues.

I'm picking away at the DC Rebirth Omnibus. I had only read a handful of the one-shots so I figured this would be a good way to set myself up for Doomsday Clock.

Incredible Member

I have been picking away at a lot of things. Finishing Tomb of Dracula complete collection vol 1. Not the greatest thing I have read but I still enjoyed it and would pick up the next book. A lot of fun. I think I enjoyed the Dracula lives material the most. For format, I am enjoying the 400-500 page type TP books. I will pick up more epic collections in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Reager View Post
    I’m currently reading Spider-Man and Dr Strange: ‘The Way To Dusty Death’.
    Added Iron Man ‘Heroes Reborn’ into the rotation; not a fan though.
    Iron Man fan

Incredible Member

Currently reading Absolute LOEG Black Dossier. The first two LOEGs were very good, not sure about this one yet although I'm not very far in yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    Currently reading Absolute LOEG Black Dossier. The first two LOEGs were very good, not sure about this one yet although I'm not very far in yet.
    it's different but I think it's very good too. I think some people just can't deal with it that Moore had other plans for the series than deconstructed victorian adventures and that's why it has a bad rep.
    But I can understand if some people don't want prose in their comics but in this case I think it was well executed and fun (except for one part when I just couldn't understand what the hell is going on )