Page 130 of 220 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134140180 ... LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 3296

Witchy by Ariel Slamer Ries: Don't let the cover scare you, the art is not as abstract as it seems ( I actually really really liked it). Interesting concept and world building, engaging story, I got sucked into it very quickly and was disappointed when I figured out it's an ongoing webcomics and who knows when the second volume will come.
    Regardless, whenever it is, I'm buying it!
    (also Netflix should buy the rights for an animated series and should develop it like yesterday!)

Bloom by Kevin Panetta and Savanna Ganucheau: a very wholesome slice of life/coming of age story about a late teenage years boy wanting to leave the family bakery for the big city and another boy (maybe slightly older?) starting to work in the bakery. It doesn't really brake any new ground on the storytelling level but it's a very cute romance story with a lot of baking and relatable characters. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Runaways by Rainbow Rowell (up to issue 31, still ongoing): It really surprised me that a Runaways book by Rowell could stay off my radar for so long. I was just reading her Simon Snow books and somehow stumbled upon this current series and couldn't wait to start reading it.
    I'm a huge fan of BKV's original but any other Runaways after that felt uninteresting and forced (although I've enjoyed Nico and Chase in Hopeless' Avengers Arena and undercover) but Rowell does a great job (along with the various artists and colourist) updating the concept for current days and focuses a lot on the personal aspects and character dynamics.
    I've almost forgot how much I love Molly as a character (even though I can't stand children) and how much I care for these (completely made up) people until this series brought them back to my life.
    Can't wait to read more and if you like good YA fiction and /or Rowell's writing I would recommend checking it out.

BTW, I'm always on the lookout for good, uplifting (or at least just not straight up depressing) books with diversity and representation, and all 3 of these fit that criteria.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    Finished the two Paper Girls hardcovers. Bought it based solely on Vaughan writing it, and it was pretty much what you'd expect. Very easy reading with some interesting ideas in there. Will probably pick up the next hardcover if there ever is one.
    The third and final HC is scheduled to come out in the Fall

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Just started Daredevil Shadowland omnibus
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    The third and final HC is scheduled to come out in the Fall
    Good news, cheers

Spectacular Member

Just finished up the Seven Soldiers omni by Grant Morrison. Didn’t care for it much. Definitely going straight on eBay.

Incredible Member

Just started my Hellboy/BPRD universe read-through with the first Hellboy Library Edition. I actually read the first two Library Editions like 3 years ago but I forgot everything so now I'm starting again from the top.

Using this reading order: http://www.multiversitycomics.com/an...ng-order-2019/

Baltimore, actually enjoying something for a change

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Personally, I like it better than the Ennis run. Then again I'm a fan of Delano's more cerebral writing style in general. If you like "Original Sins", I'd highly recommend the next volume "The Devil You Know".
    I finished Original Sins, maybe my 3rd reading of the book and it hit me. I found it scary and in the past, I couldn't take all the text but this time around, I really enjoyed it. I was going to skip up to volume 5 of Hellbalzer but now I am tempted to read the original Delano Run first or maybe instead of the Ennis run.

I am so glad I went back, Constantine has felt 2-dimensional to me lately, but reading this book, I feel like I know the character better.

Hellblazer Original Sins is a great horror comic. I was unsettled more than once! I love the old Vertigo style!

Also reading "Wanted" the DC book about Super-Villains. Has me wanting to buy the Worlds Finest hardcover that just came out.

Currently reading Rachel Rising Vol. 6 : Secrets Kept. This series was my introduction to Terry Moore. I know for many Strangers In Paradise was theirs and that it's considered his crowning jewel but I just had to give this series a shot first after seeing the wonderfully dark covers. Glad I wasn't disappointed. Such an awesome series.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Amacent View Post
    Currently reading Rachel Rising Vol. 6 : Secrets Kept. This series was my introduction to Terry Moore. I know for many Strangers In Paradise was theirs and that it's considered his crowning jewel but I just had to give this series a shot first after seeing the wonderfully dark covers. Glad I wasn't disappointed. Such an awesome series.
    Rachel Rising was also my first Tony Moore book and so far my only one, but I will definitely read more of his work. I thought RR was awesome.

Some Silver Age goodness:
    Showcase Presents: Adam Strange.
    astr.jpg

Incredible Member

WIll start reading Hellboy: Into The Silent Sea tonight as part of my Hellboy read-a-thon.

Amazing Member

About 2/3 of the way through Wonder Woman by Gail Simone Omni and loving it. Good blend of real world action with mythology. Once that finishes I picked up all the Brubaker Cap run and plan to jump into that full force. Have never read it and so excited for it. Had to do TPB in place of the Death of Captain America and Captain America Lives omnibus (not interested in dropping $500 - $600 on eBay for those) but still excited for a great run!

X-Force by Rick Remender. Fantastic read so far in, I'm really enjoying the dark and gritty storytelling. Actions have consequences and you really feel how the killing, even though they mostly agree that it is necessary, takes a toll on the members. The art is decent - not bad, not great - but I wish the coloring wasn't quite as dark and gritty as the storytelling, as I prefer a more colorful presentation.

After this, I may have to look into some more of Remender's work.

Incredible Member

Starting on Hellboy Library Edition 4 this evening. This world really speaks to the imagination. Fantastic so far!