Page 133 of 219 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143183 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 3272

Given up on all things Batman, have moved on to the Before Watchmen omni

Spectacular Member FreakyFraser's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FreakyFraser View Post
    So my Absolute Justice League Origin was delayed in shipping but arrived a few days ago and has been read cover to cover. Even more than Flashpoint, this book felt rushed. Trying to get everything in that 1st 6 issue arc was just too much. On to some of the individual books where hopefully things can breathe a little.
    So, most of the way through Snyder & Capullo's Batman omni and what can I say.........#notmyBatman. Ugh.....just not enjoying this. I had previously read Court of Owls out of context (I didn't know about The New 52 then) and wasn't a fan, but I thought with a full understanding of the 'new' universe I'd like it more.......nope. I'm just not a fan of this version of Batman. Hopefully Wonder Woman is better.

Spectacular Member

Just finished all the collected volumes (6) of the 2012-2014 run of Harbinger (Valiant). Thought it was very well done, in my opinion.
    Think I am going to start the New Gods Vol I Eaglemoss Edition next.

Astonishing Member

I bought a bunch of Vietnam War comics several years ago and only read Vietnam Journal. Yesterday I went back to these issues and read the first 15 issues of The 'Nam. What a fantastic read. I'm not familiar with Golden's art style but his characters looked somewhat like caricatures which unfortunately made his black characters drawn a bit racist. Other than that, it's been an entertaining read. I'm planning to read them in chronological order with Savage Tales (Nam stories only), Punisher: Platoon, Born, Semper Fi (Nam stories only) and the Hearts and Minds graphic novel.

Almost done with the Wolverine Goes to Hell omnibus by Jason Aaron. I have been enjoying most of it, though the quality does vary throughout. Not always a fan of the artwork, but I've seen a lot worse. I liked how the main arch of Wolverine in hell kept developing while offering up new mysteries, though his interactions with the devil were a bit... too much at times. The highlights of the book for me were the parts involving Cyclops, I really enjoy how militant he was written at the time.

This is my first omnibus, and while I like the quality of the format (not to mention how good it looks on my shelf), I do find it a bit cumbersome to physically read - compared to smaller volumes. And given that the contents of this volume could easily have been split up in 2-3 volumes without hurting the flow, I would have preferred such an approach.

Spectacular Member FreakyFraser's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    Almost done with the Wolverine Goes to Hell omnibus by Jason Aaron. I have been enjoying most of it, though the quality does vary throughout. Not always a fan of the artwork, but I've seen a lot worse. I liked how the main arch of Wolverine in hell kept developing while offering up new mysteries, though his interactions with the devil were a bit... too much at times. The highlights of the book for me were the parts involving Cyclops, I really enjoy how militant he was written at the time.

This is my first omnibus, and while I like the quality of the format (not to mention how good it looks on my shelf), I do find it a bit cumbersome to physically read - compared to smaller volumes. And given that the contents of this volume could easily have been split up in 2-3 volumes without hurting the flow, I would have preferred such an approach.
    I considered buying the omni but I found the Premiere Hardcovers of the main story for super cheap and found I only liked the story, nothing more. If I ever come across the omni super cheap I'd buy it mainly for the look of it on my shelf lol

Spectacular Member

Just finished reading the Astonishing X-Men omni. Enjoyed it for the most part. I’m annoyed though by bringing dead characters back. Cheapens the original events somewhat. Though marvel for sure isn’t the only guilty party in this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nab432 View Post
    Just finished reading the Astonishing X-Men omni. Enjoyed it for the most part. I’m annoyed though by bringing dead characters back. Cheapens the original events somewhat. Though marvel for sure isn’t the only guilty party in this.
    Yeah both Marvel and DC have been ruining deaths for many years now to a point where they now mean absolutely nothing. They need to do fewer of them and instead make them permanent, they need to quit doing all the obvious resurrections.

Quote Originally Posted by FreakyFraser View Post
    I considered buying the omni but I found the Premiere Hardcovers of the main story for super cheap and found I only liked the story, nothing more. If I ever come across the omni super cheap I'd buy it mainly for the look of it on my shelf lol
    Eh, don't buy it. Wolverine goes to hell and Schism was great, but if you have those already, there's no reason to get the omni. The Spider-Man story was decent but the Chinatown/Tokyo story, which was about 1/5 of the book, wwas pretty bad. Too silly while trying too hard to be out of place funny - and I've read enough Wolverine vs. ninjas in Japan stories as is...

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

I finished the first 5 Hellblazer Trades. I made it all the way to Dangerous Habits. I really enjoyed the Delano run, I think he ended up setting a lot of character work down that Ennis runs with effortlessly. Dangerous Habits definitely felt tighter than the other books. I have book 6 Bloodlines on deck! (Side note my tpb of Dangerous Habits started to lose pages. I love those thick Vertigo trades but this one fell apart.) I also re-read Brubaker Philips Incognito. Sleeper gets all the praise but Incognito really benefits from being more compact.

I'm reading Fantastic Four 11-20 in the original Marvel Masterwork hardcover edition.

Currently reading the UXM volume 1 omnibus. As long as I have been reading comics i have never read these issues. So far at issue #111 and it's been a wonderful read. I'm starting to really understand where Storm and Jean fans have been coming from now that I'm diving into this material.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Currently reading the UXM volume 1 omnibus. As long as I have been reading comics i have never read these issues. So far at issue #111 and it's been a wonderful read. I'm starting to really understand where Storm and Jean fans have been coming from now that I'm diving into this material.
    My copy is on the way, and like you I haven't read these before. In honesty, I haven't read much X-Men at all. I'm hoping to get through it fast enough so I'll know if I should get the following books that are also being reprinted.

Spectacular Member

Finished Superman/Batman Vol I (Loeb/McGuiness/Turner), and really enjoyed the whole thing overall.
    Now reading "The Return of Barry Allen" - Eaglemoss DC Graphic Novel Edition.

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    My copy is on the way, and like you I haven't read these before. In honesty, I haven't read much X-Men at all. I'm hoping to get through it fast enough so I'll know if I should get the following books that are also being reprinted.
    I envy a first-read again...and vol. 2 is even better!