Page 139 of 220 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149189 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 3296
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    You're in for a blast. Year three is due for november. So, maybe wait and binge it then?
    That sounds promising

Good point about the binging - I actually have Year Three pre-ordered. But now that I looked at it I also want to read it

Maybe I'll read a different series until then. Difficult decision #firstworldproblems

I'm currently reading Soule's Darth Vader - Dark Lord of the Sith Volume 1 OHC. I'm only a few issues in but liking it a lot.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    #firstworldproblems
    Exactly

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    I'm currently reading Soule's Darth Vader - Dark Lord of the Sith Volume 1 OHC. I'm only a few issues in but liking it a lot.
    I went through both OHCs in 2 evenings. So much fun! The Kieron Gillen run is also great, in case you have not read that yet. I think I may even slightly prefer the Gillen run because that's a later period in Vader's life where he is even more powerful and bad-ass

But the Soule run is awesome too, enjoy!

I went through both OHCs in 2 evenings. So much fun! The Kieron Gillen run is also great, in case you have not read that yet. I think I may even slightly prefer the Gillen run because that's a later period in Vader's life where he is even more powerful and bad-ass

But the Soule run is awesome too, enjoy!
    Yeah I've got and read the Gillen run. I really enjoyed that too, so I've been waiting for the second Soule OHC to come out before reading any of his run. One thing I really like about both runs so far is reading about the relationship between Vader and Palpatine.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Spectacular Member

I just finished reading through the Black Hammer Library Edition, volume 1.

I can't wait to get volume 2, Jeff Lemire is a damn good writer.
    Fifth Element Comics - my online comics retail site, based in the UK!
    Fifth Element Comics eBay - for anyone who doesn't trust new websites!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by seusilva View Post
    Bendis had some years of good Daredevil tales! haha I liked End of Days too, pretty cool artists helping him!
    obviously Bendis is a great writer, didn't mean it to come off the way it may have. I just finished End of Days last night and really liked it. Really nice to see Ben Urich's story view. I've read a few Daredevil TPBs recently, and just really appreciate the character again.

Starting the original Kirby Eternals tonight (collects the first 19 or 20 issues).

BANNED

Working my way through Punisher by Rick Remender Omnibus. Only about 10 issues in but it seems pretty solid so far. The Hood actually comes across bad ass for once. And I love the Norman Osborn appereances.

Oh man, Dark Reign is one of my favorite Marvel storylines of all time. Can't believe I never read this before.

I've just finished reading The Impending Blindness of Billie Scott, and Wonder Woman: The Hiketeia.

The former was absolutely fantastic, a beautiful debut from Zoe Thorogood and I will be keeping an eye on her future work for sure. I'm also curious to read more from the publisher, Avery Hill, which focuses on independent works, my favourite. I'm surprised that I haven't really come across them before.

The latter was also fantastic. I loved the story, albeit it a very brief one, my only issue being that Wonder Woman's enemies could easily use The Hiketeia to take her down and I found it hard to just not think about that. The art however I was not very keen on, it felt too soft and I had this strange thing where objects/people often seemed like they weren't part of the scene, as if they were glued on top.
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

It's October,so I'm reading the Marvel Horror Omnibus,Bronze age.The art is fantastic,and the stories trippy.
    DC,I need Bronze Age Batman,Green Lantern,and Flash collected.Please,and thank you.

Incredible Member

After finishing the two fantastic Deluxe editions of East of West (and anticipating the third coming out in November), I started on the New Teen Titans Omnibus 1 by Wolfman and Perez as part of my mostly chronological review of my DC books.

After finishing the two fantastic Deluxe editions of East of West (and anticipating the third coming out in November), I started on the New Teen Titans Omnibus 1 by Wolfman and Perez as part of my mostly chronological review of my DC books.
    So you couldn't wait for the third to come out Nice to read that you enjoyed it!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    So you couldn't wait for the third to come out Nice to read that you enjoyed it!
    Thanks! Indeed I couldn't . Once I had looked through it I started reading and then I just didn't want to stop anymore... Of course that makes the wait longer than necessary but I have a couple of shelves of unread books that can keep me busy

Incredible Member

I have to say the time I have saved due to not commuting since March has helped make a significant dent in my "to read"-pile. I have read 120 collected editions this year to date and around 95 since 11 March.

This includes 20 omnibus, 5 Absolutes, 26 TPBs, 15 library editions, 31 deluxe editions/OHCs, 1 Marvel Masterworks, 20+ standard-sized HCs (including BPRD omnis).

And we still have some months to go

I have to say the time I have saved due to not commuting since March has helped make a significant dent in my "to read"-pile. I have read 120 collected editions this year to date and around 95 since 11 March.

This includes 20 omnibus, 5 Absolutes, 26 TPBs, 15 library editions, 31 deluxe editions/OHCs, 1 Marvel Masterworks, 20+ standard-sized HCs (including BPRD omnis).

And we still have some months to go
    Wow, great stuff! I have to say that all of my friends and acquaintances have been commenting they've been reading more books this year - but your 20 omnibus reads alone shatter the competition