Page 148 of 220 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151152158198 ... LastLast
Results 2,206 to 2,220 of 3291

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    I just finished Doomsday Clock and, while it very clearly changed course (that is, Rebirth and The Button had much less to do w/the story than one might have guessed), it was still quite enjoyable
    Hey Bob. Small world, huh?

I just started Amazing Spider-Man Epic Collection (Venom) after finishing Kraven’s Last Hunt a few days ago.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    An overkill of DC?
    Haha good one

Actually I should be getting in East of West Year Three - as soon as that arrives, I will drop everything else and read that first.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    Haha good one

Actually I should be getting in East of West Year Three - as soon as that arrives, I will drop everything else and read that first.
    I'm waiting for that one too!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Hey Bob. Small world, huh?

I just started Amazing Spider-Man Epic Collection (Venom) after finishing Kraven’s Last Hunt a few days ago.
    Haha! I was just going to ask if you were the Thundershot I knew.

I'm not reading Venom until the Gang War collection comes out (presumably in twenty twenty . . . four?). I really like reading in long runs (currently reading all of Fraction's Iron Man run).
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    I'm waiting for that one too!
    It arrived last night! Will hopefully manage to read it over the weekend. Hope you'll get yours soon too.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    It arrived last night! Will hopefully manage to read it over the weekend. Hope you'll get yours soon too.
    Enjoy! I think (hope) mine will arrive next week. It's still not shipped.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Just reread all of Warren Ellis’ Thunderbolts in one sitting. Great stuff.

I'm reading Royal City: the complete collection. I like this. For me it's hit or miss with Lemire.

I don't know if this truly counts, but I'm reading collections on Marvel Unlimited, so to me it is collected editions

I'm reading the entirety of the Ultimate comics and mostly I'm really enjoying it. X-Men is probably my favourite so far, but Spider-Man is not quite as good as people make it out to be - it's still really good, but people made it sound so much better. I actually laugh outwardly quite a lot in Spider-Man, which I wasn't expecting. The art is also a bit off sometimes. The consistent artists I find really good, but there have been a few stand in or one-off artists where I've found it a bit of an eye sore.

I really like (from what I can gather so far) the fact that death can actually be death in an isolated universe like this, and I'd love to read more isolated continuities. The primary thing I dislike is that every female character has a 2 inch waist, and they all seem to wear crop tops. Like seriously, with the exception of Aunt May

Around 50 issues into USM/UXM, and all of the other smaller series that have tied into the reading order that I'm following. Another plus is that I've become more interested in DD/Cap/FF.
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Captain America Epic Collection: Monsters and Men
    I missed these issues the first time around.
    Good stuff.
    captain-america.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    I don't know if this truly counts, but I'm reading collections on Marvel Unlimited, so to me it is collected editions

I'm reading the entirety of the Ultimate comics and mostly I'm really enjoying it. X-Men is probably my favourite so far, but Spider-Man is not quite as good as people make it out to be - it's still really good, but people made it sound so much better. I actually laugh outwardly quite a lot in Spider-Man, which I wasn't expecting. The art is also a bit off sometimes. The consistent artists I find really good, but there have been a few stand in or one-off artists where I've found it a bit of an eye sore.

I really like (from what I can gather so far) the fact that death can actually be death in an isolated universe like this, and I'd love to read more isolated continuities. The primary thing I dislike is that every female character has a 2 inch waist, and they all seem to wear crop tops. Like seriously, with the exception of Aunt May

Around 50 issues into USM/UXM, and all of the other smaller series that have tied into the reading order that I'm following. Another plus is that I've become more interested in DD/Cap/FF.
    I think USM was very fresh at the time but to me it doesn't hold up at all. Feels very early naughties (that probably explains all the crop tops).

Can't wait for you to get to Ultimatum, very curious of what you think (or just ultimates vol 3)

Do you like UFF? I kinda enjoyed it at the time, mainly cause it was Ellis, but it is not exactly prime Ellis and the art is ....well it's Greg Land.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Captain America Epic Collection: Monsters and Men
    I missed these issues the first time around.
    Good stuff.
    captain-america.jpg
    I'm not into Captain America (especially not from that period), but man does that cover look great!

Criminal vol, it’s ok but a bit same old same old, the change of spine is annoying

Mighty Member

Just finished Lois Lane: Enemy of the People and it was fantastic. Love me some Greg Rucka in the DCU. Moving on to Fraction's Jimmy Olsen collection next
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I think USM was very fresh at the time but to me it doesn't hold up at all. Feels very early naughties (that probably explains all the crop tops).

Can't wait for you to get to Ultimatum, very curious of what you think (or just ultimates vol 3)

Do you like UFF? I kinda enjoyed it at the time, mainly cause it was Ellis, but it is not exactly prime Ellis and the art is ....well it's Greg Land.
    Ah yes, I've been somewhat pre-warned about Ultimatum haha At this point, I'm only 6 issues into FF actually, but they start popping up more in the reading order now. I did like that initial arc though.
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”