Page 149 of 220 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149150151152153159199 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,235 of 3296
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    Enjoy! I think (hope) mine will arrive next week. It's still not shipped.
    I finally got around to reading it yesterday and I'm very happy with the ending. I think it's a fantastic story overall and amazing world-building. We need more of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    I finally got around to reading it yesterday and I'm very happy with the ending. I think it's a fantastic story overall and amazing world-building. We need more of that.
    I think I'm going to reread the other two. When the third will arrive I'll be ready.

Maybe this is something for you: https://www.amazon.de/-/en/gp/produc...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Incredible Member

It's hugely surprising to me that Ult Spidey (the Parker years) hasn't been put into omnibus format yet. There was that vol 1 like a decade ago but then nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    It's hugely surprising to me that Ult Spidey (the Parker years) hasn't been put into omnibus format yet. There was that vol 1 like a decade ago but then nothing.
    Wasn't that vol1 a Barnes and Noble special or something? I think it was the first proper oversized omnibus but it was meant to be just a one time thing.
    I might be off on this but I remember reading about this a while ago.

Incredible Member

I think I'm going to reread the other two. When the third will arrive I'll be ready.

Maybe this is something for you: https://www.amazon.de/-/en/gp/produc...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Thanks, It's on my wish list

Incredible Member

Coffinbound v1

I'm 2 issues in and think I'm dropping this. Same happened with Watters' Lucifer tpb #1. I couldn't finish it. The writing is just so damn obtuse and really gives no reason for why I should care. Maybe it's trying to be lyrical or something, but it's just off putting. Will not check out anything else by this writer.

Next: Killadelphia v1, then another re-reading of Kot's Zero. Despite the WTF-ness of the last few issues, I really love that series.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Wasn't that vol1 a Barnes and Noble special or something? I think it was the first proper oversized omnibus but it was meant to be just a one time thing.
    I might be off on this but I remember reading about this a while ago.
    Yes, there was a B&N Omnibus, but Marvel also issued a Vol. 1 later. In addition, there was the Death of Spider-Man Omnibus which rounded off the series. I ended up collecting the OHCs between the two Omnibuses.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Yes, there was a B&N Omnibus, but Marvel also issued a Vol. 1 later. In addition, there was the Death of Spider-Man Omnibus which rounded off the series. I ended up collecting the OHCs between the two Omnibuses.
    It really does baffle me the superhit evergreens that Marvel doesn't omni. Stuff like Civil War or House of M or Bendis USM. Alas...

Spectacular Member FreakyFraser's Avatar

Just finished 'A Walk Through Hell' so back to something superhero-y......'Doomsday Clock'

Quote Originally Posted by FreakyFraser View Post
    Just finished 'A Walk Through Hell' so back to something superhero-y......'Doomsday Clock'
    What did you think of it? For me it was a waist of time reading it.

Incredible Member

Absolute Watchmen (re-read) - I first read it more than 10 years ago, around the time when the movie came out. While I enjoyed it, I did not understand back then what all the fuss was about as I wasn't really into comics. Now that I have read quite a lot of comics from different eras (except Golden Age), I can definitely see why it was special at the time. Also, due to the continued exposure by the film, the HBO series and also my recent reads, I actually enjoy it a lot more and find it much easier to follow.

Spectacular Member FreakyFraser's Avatar

What did you think of it? For me it was a waist of time reading it.
    A Walk Through Hell? Yeah definitely not my favorite. It will join my sell pile of books.

Quote Originally Posted by FreakyFraser View Post
    A Walk Through Hell? Yeah definitely not my favorite. It will join my sell pile of books.
    Mine is gone already

Avengers Epic Collection: Heavy Metal
    Maybe not my favorite Avengers stories but still a fun read.
    And that wonderful Buscema/Palmer art...
    clean.jpg

Spectacular Member

The Last Days of the Justice Society. Also includes the member's "Secret Origins" title stories. I'm about 1/2 way through the Secret Origins part, and the whole thing was ok, so far. I always enjoyed the JSA characters and time period they were in on Earth-2. If not for that, I wouldn't bother. I read Golden Age earlier this year and found it a much better JSA story.

Trying to decide on whether to start Tales of the Dark Multiverse, or Invincible Compendium 1 next.