Page 15 of 220 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast

Daredevil by Bendis Vol 2

The middle section of Bendis run is the parts I have read the most and was when I got on board also the first american comic I read in English. It is probably the parts I love the most but it can also been nostalgic factor. it has sadly been years since I last read it. It will be interesting what I think when I'm done with all three trades.

Quote Originally Posted by madmodpoetgod View Post
    My all time favorite American comic book series. It only gets better after Vol2. It is so sad that such important series highly ignored. No Matt Fraction or G. Wilson without Shade the Changing Man. Yet the series never promoted correctly to next generation of readers. Buy floppies and you will go crazy around issue#45. I cried for days after #50. The weirdness will meet with high melodrama in most sophisticated way.
    Finished both vol 2-3 and that got a hole lot weirder. I think My favourite issue so far has to be the issue 19 Bethlehem U.S.A. Reading it in december by pure luck was quite funny. Need to get more Peter Milligan. Sadly a unappreciated writer maybe because he is not so productive as others. He was on Shade for almost 4 years and as far as I know didn't do any other regular comics but only issues here and there. If Peter Milligan was in higher regard now changing man could get reprinted however I give it a small change now. I might pick up the floppies and get the personally bind however that is not a project in the near future.
    Last edited by Tupiaz; 12-28-2017 at 06:55 PM.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Oddly enough, I enjoyed those preceding issues more as well. Maybe expectations had a part to play?
    Possibly. It has a lot of fans and ranked extremely high on the CBR top stories. I know I was expecting something quite special.

I think another factor for me was that it came out of left field very suddenly, although I'm not against having this type of story in Spider-Man.

I think David Michelinie had a lot to do with why those preceding issues proved to be enjoyable reading

Reread Absolute Batman inc third time, is this normal for edition?
    3wynbRAxVmE.jpg abeWOmn2afE.jpg

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bearded_adam View Post
    Reread Absolute Batman inc third time, is this normal for edition?
    3wynbRAxVmE.jpg abeWOmn2afE.jpg
    I don't have this Absolute although I have several other Absolutes and that definitely does not look normal. I also haven't heard about this specific Absolute experiencing this kind of damage. If it's a recent purchase, send it back for a replacement. If not, you can check out the posts of our fellow poster Cerd The Nerd on how to fix sewn bindings here

I finished the God Country TPB yesterday. Didn't think it was that good to begin with but I really enjoyed it by the end.

Currently reading Moomin: The Complete Tove Jansson Comic Strip - Book One.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Incredible Member

Just finished Claremont's Uncanny X-men Omnibus Volume 3. Wow! So much great stuff in there. The Brood Saga, God loves man kills, the Wolverine mini series with Frank Miller art, the Magik mini series...

Really amazing how he makes the interpersonal relationships interesting almost like a good soap opera (if there is such a thing).

Now I'm onto Geoff Johns' Green Lantern Omnibus Volume 2, which includes the Blackest Night. What a ride - I read almost the entire thing in a couple of days. Really great stuff, deserving of the label "epic".

Guess I'll just continue the Johns run after this

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    I finished the God Country TPB yesterday. Didn't think it was that good to begin with but I really enjoyed it by the end.

Currently reading Moomin: The Complete Tove Jansson Comic Strip - Book One.
    I read this in single issues and loved it - I'm tempted to pick up the HC at some point...
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

I have vague memories about loving Moomin as a kid but no idea what it's about or what's the appeal of it. Anyone would car to explain it to me please?

Started reading Nausicaa of The Valley of The Wind so far pretty good. Some great artwork.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I have vague memories about loving Moomin as a kid but no idea what it's about or what's the appeal of it. Anyone would car to explain it to me please?
    I like it for nostalgic reasons mostly, but is it quite weird and quirky with some great characters. This is what it's like...

I'm re-reading East of west year one, after that I start year two for the first time. I love this series.

I like it for nostalgic reasons mostly, but is it quite weird and quirky with some great characters. This is what it's like...

that actually looks pretty fun although I'm not sure if I could sit down and read a whole book. I'm not big into episodic strips, they are not really designed for long term reading but it's not really my style to keep a book around just to read a couple of strips/day.

Fantastic Member

I like it for nostalgic reasons mostly, but is it quite weird and quirky with some great characters.
    yeah, so do i, and i just couldn't pass on the enormous deluxe anniversary edition. Moomintrolls were big in the Soviet Union when i was growing up, so it's an integral part of my childhood. we had amazing Russian translations of the prose books and animation that wasn't quite adequate to the original but we loved it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    that actually looks pretty fun although I'm not sure if I could sit down and read a whole book. I'm not big into episodic strips, they are not really designed for long term reading but it's not really my style to keep a book around just to read a couple of strips/day.
    Yeah it's not the sort of book I can read non stop. I'm reading a few pages then putting it down and picking it up again later on.

Quote Originally Posted by zaboraviti View Post
    yeah, so do i, and i just couldn't pass on the enormous deluxe anniversary edition. Moomintrolls were big in the Soviet Union when i was growing up, so it's an integral part of my childhood. we had amazing Russian translations of the prose books and animation that wasn't quite adequate to the original but we loved it anyway.
    I've opted for the skinnier hardcovers because I want all of Tove's stuff AND all of Lars' stuff in the same format. If they had released Tove's stuff in one deluxe, and then Lars' stuff in another deluxe, I would've gone for those.

Fantastic Member

I've opted for the skinnier hardcovers because I want all of Tove's stuff AND all of Lars' stuff in the same format. If they had released Tove's stuff in one deluxe, and then Lars' stuff in another deluxe, I would've gone for those.
    i bet those are easier to handle too