Page 17 of 220 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    I'm enjoying it quite a bit...I had never read ST before, but so many people were saying good things about this I decided to take a chance and buy it. Only about 7 issues in so far...
    I quite enjoyed the Len Wein run. It's a great 70's DC sci fi/horror type thing. I took a break after his run and only read a few issues after that. Good stopping point at the time to go read something else. I need to go back and read some more!

Deathlok - The Souls of Cyber-folk by Dwayne McDuffie.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    I'm enjoying it quite a bit...I had never read ST before, but so many people were saying good things about this I decided to take a chance and buy it. Only about 7 issues in so far...
    Thank you

Incredible Member

After the excellent Johns Green Lantern run, I now started reading New Avengers by Bendis. I have a reading order for the entire run, including Avengers / New Avengers / Mighty Avengers / Secret Avengers plus the events House of M, Civil War, Secret Invasion, Dark Reign, Siege, Fear Itself and AvX. In addition, I plan to read Thor disassembled and Secret War.

I read Civil War already when I was reading Brubaker's run on Cap.

Not sure if I'll read all of this in one go but I read the Avengers Disassembled part yesterday and it was a quick, quite enjoyable read.

EDIT: I understand that Bendis gets a lot of flak for his Avengers run, but I like it when people try to give new interpretations to established characters. So now I'm eager to see what all the backlash is about
    Last edited by Foxy; 01-11-2018 at 03:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    After the excellent Johns Green Lantern run, I now started reading New Avengers by Bendis. I have a reading order for the entire run, including Avengers / New Avengers / Mighty Avengers / Secret Avengers plus the events House of M, Civil War, Secret Invasion, Dark Reign, Siege, Fear Itself and AvX. In addition, I plan to read Thor disassembled and Secret War.

I read Civil War already when I was reading Brubaker's run on Cap.

Not sure if I'll read all of this in one go but I read the Avengers Disassembled part yesterday and it was a quick, quite enjoyable read.

EDIT: I understand that Bendis gets a lot of flak for his Avengers run, but I like it when people try to give new interpretations to established characters. So now I'm eager to see what all the backlash is about

I thought the Thor disassblmed/ragnarok story was really good. It put a nice cap on the series. I had no problem with New Avengers. I think a lot of the people who didn’t like it were long time fans who already had ideas about how certain characters acted. My only complaint is that it kept getting interrupted by events.

All-New Member

Right now, I'm reading Grant Morrison's Action Comics Vol. 3 and Marvel Comics Vol. 2.

Just finished up X-Men omni vol.3 (where's vol. 4?) and the Spiderman Alien Costume Saga tpbs.

After reading the Stern Spidey omni and the two Alien Costume books, I'm kind of bummed I can't continue on. I know there's an Epic covering the next 9-10 issues of Amazing, but I'd miss reading the PP:SSM issues along with it. What a great run of comics this has been!

currently rereading morrison's batman. its like comfort food. in the midst of batman and robin at the moment.

Incredible Member

Ok so as part of my New Avengers run I finished Thor/Iron Man/Cap Disassembled, Secret War and House of M. The Thor story was really good, Secret War was interesting enough and House of M was fantastic.

Now on with the rest of the Omnibus before I get to Secret Invasion (have read Civil War previously) and the start of the Mighty Avengers.

After finishing Hadrian's Wall a few days ago (which I thought was properly good/couldn't put it down/loved it), I'm now reading The Black Beetle Volume 1: No Way Out again to refresh my memory before reading The Kara Bocek.
    Last edited by FluffySheep; 01-15-2018 at 02:48 AM.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    After finishing Hadrian's Wall a few days ago (which I thought was properly good/couldn't put it down/loved it), I'm now reading The Black Beetle Volume 1: No Way Out again to refresh my memory before reading The Kara Bocek.
    I was really looking forward to Black Beetle, everyone kept telling me how good it is and I'm in for a treat and I LOVE a good pulp story. But when I've read the book I got almost nothing out of it. Cool character design, there is some mystery in the background but barely hinted at and the main plot was just some filler action. Read like fanfic tbh. I like the look of the series but not sure if there is much to it and if I should read the next book.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I was really looking forward to Black Beetle, everyone kept telling me how good it is and I'm in for a treat and I LOVE a good pulp story. But when I've read the book I got almost nothing out of it. Cool character design, there is some mystery in the background but barely hinted at and the main plot was just some filler action. Read like fanfic tbh. I like the look of the series but not sure if there is much to it and if I should read the next book.
    Yeah in terms of depth and plot, there isn't a great deal there, but I love Francavilla's art, so that's my main attraction towards the book. I'm disappointed in how thin The Kara Bocek is but being Dark Horse, it's relatively cheap for a hardcover.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I finished reading Wolverine Origin The Complete Collection OHC. The "first" Origin I already read and had in a PHC and it's a story (by Paul Jenkins) I've always quite liked as well as the art by Andy Kubert. It's nice to have it an oversized format.

Origin II is written by Kieron Gillen and drawn by Adam Kubert. It's quite a quick read, not an amazing amount of character development but it's still a pretty good read as is the art very good. There's a surprising ending (for me anyway) and in a way it's a bit of a twist. There's also an introduction of a new character - I wonder whether she'll be used or explored further within the Wolverine comics?

Read books 1 to 4 of Irredeemable which I enjoyed but the art was far worse than I remembered, kind of spoils it, be nice if they released the companion book (title escapes me) just started book one of Northlanders, Off to a good violent start

Started Twilight X Book 1 yesterday. It wasn't amazing, but something about it really hooked me. I enjoyed it so much that i didn't go to sleep last night until i finished Book 2. These are both big collected editions Vol. 1 being 604 pages and Vol. 2 480.

Apparently it started in the black and white independent comics boom of the late 80s. You can kind of tell by the writing and art that it is from that era. The art is all over the place in this first volume, you can tell Wight is finding his voice in the earlier material. Vol. 2 has a much clearer story line and the art is consistent. I really like how he draws people. Something about it really clicks with me.

The book is set in a post apocalyptic world after WWIII. Normally i don't care for that type of setting, but he doesn't beat you over the head with it. Its more of background fluff to the character's story. Vol. 1 has a lot of comedic elements. Vol. 2 has a lot less of that, i missed it.

I've been trying to find out if he plans on finishing the series with a third volume.