Page 171 of 219 FirstFirst ... 71121161167168169170171172173174175181 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,565 of 3284

Finished Bendis' Daredevil. Wow. Before starting in Brubaker's run something else. Sammy integraal 1 (Dutch comic).

Injustice Vol 2 omnibus

Daredevil by Brubaker omnibus 2.

I've been on a Fantastic Four kick lately.
    So.
    Fantastic Four Visionaries - John Byrne
    Some of my favorite FF issues.
    61AXuGubSYL._SX321_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Uncanny X-Men vol 4 omni
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

The Woods by James Tynion IV, vol 1

Kirby's run on Black Panther.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Finished Brubaker's run on Daredevil yesterday. Wow. Now the Shadowland omnibus. I know it's not like what I've read before, but I hope it's still entertaining

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    Finished Brubaker's run on Daredevil yesterday. Wow. Now the Shadowland omnibus. I know it's not like what I've read before, but I hope it's still entertaining
    I just read all the Bendis/Brubaker/Shadowland Daredevil myself, and... well, Shadowland wasn't as terrible as some people say - but it wasn't exactly good either. Like with all big crossovers that has a heap of tie-ins, the quality varies a great deal between the various series within.

I think it would have worked a lot better if the Shadowland 5 parts crossover itself had been a part of the ongoing Daredevil series instead of its' own thing.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    I just read all the Bendis/Brubaker/Shadowland Daredevil myself, and... well, Shadowland wasn't as terrible as some people say - but it wasn't exactly good either. Like with all big crossovers that has a heap of tie-ins, the quality varies a great deal between the various series within.

I think it would have worked a lot better if the Shadowland 5 parts crossover itself had been a part of the ongoing Daredevil series instead of its' own thing.
    I agree. Anyone picking up the Daredevil issues and event issues separately from each other or the standard hardcovers were easily confused.

I also didn't mind Shadowland too much. There was some very good art for the most part which made it somewhat more readable. Personally, I didn't think it was a great idea of Brubaker's to put Daredevil in charge of the Hand so Diggle had it bad from the start

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I agree. Anyone picking up the Daredevil issues and event issues separately from each other or the standard hardcovers were easily confused.

I also didn't mind Shadowland too much. There was some very good art for the most part which made it somewhat more readable. Personally, I didn't think it was a great idea of Brubaker's to put Daredevil in charge of the Hand so Diggle had it bad from the start
    The art is mostly very good. So that's a plus. But in the beginning I miss information about Osborn being major and at the end of Brubaker's there was a thing about Elektra that I don't know about. Why they need a new leader. But I agree about the starting point for Diggle wasn't easy. Maybe it would also have been easier if he hadn't had to deal with the Shadowland event.

Incredible Member

X-Men: The Hunt for Professor X TPB

I remember hating Shadowland. And even if it were not as bad in re-reading it, there is no way it is good enough to warrant the time spent.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    The art is mostly very good. So that's a plus. But in the beginning I miss information about Osborn being major and at the end of Brubaker's there was a thing about Elektra that I don't know about. Why they need a new leader. But I agree about the starting point for Diggle wasn't easy. Maybe it would also have been easier if he hadn't had to deal with the Shadowland event.
    Can anyone get me up to speed regarding Osborne and Elektra and whatever more I need to know?

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I also didn't mind Shadowland too much. There was some very good art for the most part which made it somewhat more readable.
    Agreed, the artwork was pretty good.

For a storyline that centered around Daredevil changing, they really ought to have given us some more character developtment btw.