Page 179 of 219 FirstFirst ... 79129169175176177178179180181182183189 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,685 of 3272

Quote Originally Posted by lodebone View Post
    Reading the same now, just finished the Doom stories and loving it. Wieringo's art is wonderful also. Also just finished Brubaker's Marvels Project which was amazing. Love WWII Cap stories done in a modern style and would appreciate any suggestions for similar.
    I loved it too. Now reading Thor omnibus by Walter Simonson.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Fourth World by John Byrne, a great companion to Orion by Walt Simonson, and one of the great successors to the Kirby books. I hope if they ever make the screen the original designs are adapted more faithfully. With the New Gods, the more color and variety the better.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by lodebone View Post
    Reading the same now, just finished the Doom stories and loving it. Wieringo's art is wonderful also. Also just finished Brubaker's Marvels Project which was amazing. Love WWII Cap stories done in a modern style and would appreciate any suggestions for similar.
    Doesn't have Cap, but Marvel's Mystery Men by David Liss and Patrick Zircher is pretty damn good. Early days pulpy superheroes during the 40s. Also JMS' the Twelve.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    I read it awhile ago and thought it was exhausting and boring to read. One of the few books from Alan Moore that I don't like and don't understand the fuzz about.
    I had a different experience - I finished volume 1 yesterday and loved it. Thought it was much better than the material in the Bronze Age omnibus. Starting on volume 2 tonight.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    I had a different experience - I finished volume 1 yesterday and loved it. Thought it was much better than the material in the Bronze Age omnibus. Starting on volume 2 tonight.
    I am more the Man Thing type of guy (wow, how that comes off?). Usually I like Alan Moore.

Wish you a good read with vol. 2.

I finished this one, recently (borrowed from a friend of mine). It's nice for a '79 story.
    \
    \
    a2717ae966a5668913c558cf175118c5a7d1e993_hq.jpg

I read Ultimate Captain America, by Jason Aaron and Ron Garney and it was... fine. I liked what Aaron was aiming for at the beginning of the story, but towards the end, Captain America learns nothing, and I wanted this version of Steve Rogers to be able to change since he's kind of an *******. Still, I had fun throughout the whole volume
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    I am more the Man Thing type of guy (wow, how that comes off?). Usually I like Alan Moore.

Wish you a good read with vol. 2.

Thanks!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post

Thanks!
    You are welcome.

Right now I read the 60teeess X-Men comics in the Masterworks version of my language. I think the translator changed the dialog a bit, it sounds pretty funny, almost like a its so bad that its good comedy.

Mighty Member

On a Tom Taylor kick - reading the All New Wolverine Omnibus + Friendly Neighborhood Spider-man
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

I just read through knight fall/contagion/legacy/cataclysm/road to no man's land/ and I'm now on no man's land. Pretty awesome run of batman continuity. .

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    On a Tom Taylor kick - reading the All New Wolverine Omnibus + Friendly Neighborhood Spider-man
    How are you liking this?

After his dreadful GLC mini series, a sampling of Injustice, and DCeased (blah) I'd written off Taylor for the most part. However his current Nightwing run is fantastic! Based on that I added his two Spidey trades to my Amazon wishlist but haven't pulled the trigger yet.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Spectacular Member

I've just started reading through the Green Lantern by Geoff Johns omnibus vol 1 really good so far.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Witch View Post
    I just read through knight fall/contagion/legacy/cataclysm/road to no man's land/ and I'm now on no man's land. Pretty awesome run of batman continuity. .
    Is that everything I have to buy to read through it? I mean the titles you mentioned above. I would like to try that as well.

Genius Illustrated: Alex Toth-the second volume in the overview of Toth's life and career.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato