Page 182 of 219 FirstFirst ... 82132172178179180181182183184185186192 ... LastLast
Results 2,716 to 2,730 of 3284

Yesterday, I read Silver Surfer Black. Now, I'm reading Elektra Assassin. Soon, Gantz Omnibus 1
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Incredible Member

I read the Umbrella Academy library editions over the weekend. While they were fun, I think the show is much better in many regards (shocker!!!).

Tonight I will start on Al Ewing's Ultimates run, which I happen to have in a custom oversized omnibus that I bought off ebay once.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    I read the Umbrella Academy library editions over the weekend. While they were fun, I think the show is much better in many regards (shocker!!!).

Tonight I will start on Al Ewing's Ultimates run, which I happen to have in a custom oversized omnibus that I bought off ebay once.
    maybe it just depends on which one you read/seen first. The show felt bloated, missing the energy of the comics and lacking the crazyness (due to it being stretched out probably). Haven't even tried se2, even tho I'm kinda interested how they resolve the se1 cliffhanger, but not that much.
    Haven't read Vol 3 yet but I just ordered it so should read it soon and I'm very curious.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I'm about halfway through the AvX: Avengers vs X-Men collection. I read it in singles when it was being released, and didn't care for it. Years of build-up for Hope as the mutant messiah all just kind of fell flat, and the whole event ended up being about Cyclops daddy issues.

However, I'm enjoying it more this second time around. Maybe because there are no higher expectations...?
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    maybe it just depends on which one you read/seen first. The show felt bloated, missing the energy of the comics and lacking the crazyness (due to it being stretched out probably). Haven't even tried se2, even tho I'm kinda interested how they resolve the se1 cliffhanger, but not that much.
    Haven't read Vol 3 yet but I just ordered it so should read it soon and I'm very curious.

I prefer the TV series. It had far better characterization, the comic feels rushed in comparison. The bonus for the comic is more superhero fare, and the story has progressed further.

The Hulk Must Die Epic Collection.

This was the split book period, rather than a short story they run like old Doctor Who where 3 or 4 issues in a row will be the same story. A third romance, two thirds action I am enjoying them a little bit each night so I don't burn out. Plan to go through the first 6 Epics then skip ahead. Hopefully Hulk Smash doesn't wear me out.

Gideon Falls book one, enjoying it, nice change from the superhero stuff I’ve been reading lately, I look forward to the inevitable tv show and hopefully it won’t be watered down like Locke and Key

Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen by Fraction and Lieber.
    I'm really enjoying it so far!

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Hey all I just tore through IDW's TMNT series all the way through issue 100 and I absolutely adored it (especially Shredder in Hell, it kinda blew my mind with the scope)

And I wanted some recommendations on what I should read next, so because I am kinda burnt out on street level/ninja/fisticuffs stuff, I wanna pivot to fantasy or sci-fi.

Can my wise Wednesday warriors recommend what are some of your go to's when you wanna curl up and read some "pew pew laser action" or "battle axes swinging against someone's skull"?

*also if this isn't the thread for this my apologies in advance*

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Hey all I just tore through IDW's TMNT series all the way through issue 100 and I absolutely adored it (especially Shredder in Hell, it kinda blew my mind with the scope)

And I wanted some recommendations on what I should read next, so because I am kinda burnt out on street level/ninja/fisticuffs stuff, I wanna pivot to fantasy or sci-fi.

Can my wise Wednesday warriors recommend what are some of your go to's when you wanna curl up and read some "pew pew laser action" or "battle axes swinging against someone's skull"?

*also if this isn't the thread for this my apologies in advance*
    Sword and sorcery? You can't beat a bit of Conan. Marvel have been releasing all their old stuff in both Omnibus and Epic formats, so pick your poison.

Sci-Fi? Try some of the Judge Dredd or Strontium Dog collections from 2000AD/Rebellion. The Case/Search & Destroy Files paperbacks are thick and inexpensive.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    Sword and sorcery? You can't beat a bit of Conan. Marvel have been releasing all their old stuff in both Omnibus and Epic formats, so pick your poison.

Sci-Fi? Try some of the Judge Dredd or Strontium Dog collections from 2000AD/Rebellion. The Case/Search & Destroy Files paperbacks are thick and inexpensive.
    Any particular writer for Conan you really like? I've also been looking at Red Sonja too

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post
    I found The Incal to be extremely disappointing. Even without the expectations I had going in, it was one of those series I had to really force myself to read because I didn't enjoy it at all. It was creative/influential for its time, but not the work of art some people make it out to be.
    That's fair I've not picked it up in weeks (althrough i should get back to it).
    It helps that my favorite Movie is The Holy Mountain. I think of you look at Jodowosky's Movies, it helps make sense of the Incal.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Any particular writer for Conan you really like? I've also been looking at Red Sonja too
    Roy Thomas.

Incredible Member

Finished the Ultimates run by Ewing which was fun! Now probably starting on Gideon Falls since it’s Spooktober

Every year in October I try to read some comics that are somewhat Halloween themed. This year I decided to reread The Walking Dead. I've already read the first 12 HCs years ago, #1-144, but have purchased Volumes 13 and 14 already and plan on picking up the last two volumes soon. So far I'm through Volume 6 and it's been really fun.