Page 183 of 220 FirstFirst ... 83133173179180181182183184185186187193 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,745 of 3296

Black Stars Above (Vault) I bought and read the first issue when it came out but, for a reason I can’t remember, didn’t pick up the rest of the series.
    Headless (Scout)
    North Bend (Scout)

Recently read Triggerman (Titan), which I enjoyed.
    Last edited by Twice-named; 10-03-2021 at 03:52 PM.
    "It's not my Kate." - Greg Rucka

Sad that I actually have no Halloweeny comics.
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Sad that I actually have no Halloweeny comics.
    Can't remember if it came up before, but have you read Pumpkinheads by Rainbow Rowell and Faith Erin Hicks?

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

I am reading Starman by James Robinson and Tony Harris. This is definitely one of those books that lives up to the hype. I did not expect it to be such a great, in someways straightforward, Super hero story. The Golden Age continues to be one of my top 10 favorite books and I always wondered if Robinson had another masterpiece hidden someplace. Starman is definitely it!

Mighty Member

Finished Swamp Thing the Bronze Age volume 1 the other day. It’s a very good run with a fantastic start and a fantastic closer, it kind of falls flat in the middle for me however with a lack of identity. 7.5/10

Now on to volume 2, finished the first issue and man, I don’t think a comic has effected me that much in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Can't remember if it came up before, but have you read Pumpkinheads by Rainbow Rowell and Faith Erin Hicks?
    I haven't actually, but I will add it to my list of potentials
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    I haven't actually, but I will add it to my list of potentials
    it's a fun romcom, set in a pumpkin patch (like a big fair with rides and stuff), nothing spooky about it, but it's very seasonal and just a good time over all.

Incredible Member

Fatale by Brubaker / Philips. Finished the first Deluxe Edition and really enjoying it. I prefer their noir work but they handle the supernatural element quite well so far (much like they did in Kill or be killed).

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    Fatale by Brubaker / Philips. Finished the first Deluxe Edition and really enjoying it. I prefer their noir work but they handle the supernatural element quite well so far (much like they did in Kill or be killed).
    I loved Fatale. I’d like them to revisit that world one day.
    "It's not my Kate." - Greg Rucka

Swamp Thing new 52 omni and James Bond big things

Read The Messiah Complex for the first time. And wow, what a crossover! A crossover done exactly right; it felt like one, continuous story with the same characters, the same tone, same color palette and a fantastic, coordinated flow between the issues. You couldn't tell that it was actually 5 different titles. The story itself being an interesting and exciting page turner didn't hurt, either.

Can't wait to read Messiah War and Second Coming.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    Read The Messiah Complex for the first time. And wow, what a crossover! A crossover done exactly right; it felt like one, continuous story with the same characters, the same tone, same color palette and a fantastic, coordinated flow between the issues. You couldn't tell that it was actually 5 different titles. The story itself being an interesting and exciting page turner didn't hurt, either.

That's the era I'm looking forward to read as well. But I'm still on an X-Men break for the time being

Incredible Member

Currently reading The Fearsome Doctor Fang TPB. This is one of the first wave TKO titles and it's fun so far. Bit of Indiana Jones type of adventure. Nice art, bit sloppy but still easy to follow. Very colourful.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post

I'm hoping for a couple omni for this era in 2023 for X-men's 60th anniversary. The Fraction complete collections are long out of print.

Incredible Member

Carthago, Colonies: Return to Balzagar, the Incal, Metabarons, Sons of El Topo - I think most European comics are just not for me. When reading them, they feel like the plot is being thrown together page by page; like rather than X leads to Y, it's more like X happens, then Y happens, then Z happens. I remember reading the Metabarons about a decade ago and it just felt so ad-hoc. Wild sci-fi ideas, sure, but it elicited zero empathy for the characters. Image's Prophet reboot was the same. Great, bizzare ideas but zero emotional stakes or connection to any of the characters. Basically Tenet as opposed to Inception/Interstellar. This is exactly why I enjoy Paco Roca's work so much, because it really puts characters first. I did like the recent Metabaron v1-3 much more than any of the Jodorowsky written stuff.

Olympus (Johns/Guice)- decent actioner with the usual archetype characters going on a deadly archaeology trip. 5/10

Batman- Earth One v1-3- decent elseworlds but nothing to write home about. Basically the same characters remixed with a different coat of paint. Nothing extraordinarily surprising or subversive as compared to the originals. 6/10

Ravine v1-2- I'm a big fan of Sejic and I think this was one of the last times (along with Aphrodite IX v1) he did this style of art before transitioning to the Death Vigil / Aquaman style. These two volumes were a good read, but they're drowning in mythology to the point where you can't keep track of who's connected to what. Wish the series would've finished. 7/10

Hulk: the End & Fantastic Four: the End: both great, though I preferred the Hulk one more due to its tragic nature. 7/10

Avengers: Kree Skrull War & the Korvac Saga- I think other than X-men I find old-timey 60s and 70s books difficult to read. And X-men only because I first started reading their modern comics and the 90s cartoon before ever reading Claremont. Anyway, these two Avengers sagas are decent but it's too far removed for me to really get into these versions of the characters and care for the stakes. Insofar as the Avengers set of characters are concerned, they really "began" for me with Heroes Return, followed by Bendis (Disassembled through Siege), then Hickman. 5/10
    Last edited by newparisian; 10-19-2021 at 12:33 PM.