Page 184 of 219 FirstFirst ... 84134174180181182183184185186187188194 ... LastLast
Results 2,746 to 2,760 of 3277

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    Carthago, Colonies: Return to Balzagar, the Incal, Metabarons, Sons of El Topo - I think most European comics are just not for me. When reading them, they feel like the plot is being thrown together page by page; like rather than X leads to Y, it's more like X happens, then Y happens, then Z happens. I remember reading the Metabarons about a decade ago and it just felt so ad-hoc. Wild sci-fi ideas, sure, but it elicited zero empathy for the characters. Image's Prophet reboot was the same. Great, bizzare ideas but zero emotional stakes or connection to any of the characters. Basically Tenet as opposed to Inception/Interstellar. This is exactly why I enjoy Paco Roca's work so much, because it really puts characters first. I did like the recent Metabaron v1-3 much more than any of the Jodorowsky written stuff.
    Yes! I very much feel the same about a lot of them! There are some that are different or the ad hoc nature actually works tho.

Incredible Member

As part of Spooktober, I just started on the Hellboy and the BPRD 1952-1954 Omnibus and finished the 1952 part. I have read almost everything else in the Hellboy universe and know already how the grander story ends but it's nice to come back to this world.
    Last edited by Foxy; 10-20-2021 at 12:53 AM.

I'm hoping for a couple omni for this era in 2023 for X-men's 60th anniversary. The Fraction complete collections are long out of print.
    Yeah I'm missing most of Fraction and Brubaker's runs myself. I would prefer tpb editions to omnis though.

Incredible Member

From Hell Master Edition - Three chapters in and wow this is really captivating. I read the notes after each chapter and it really enriches the reading experience. I love the muted colours that have been added as I had seen the B&W version before and I think that the (rather limited) colouring that has been applied really helps to make following the plot easier.

This will take me a while as it is rather dense but so far I'm loving it.

All-New Member

The new Batwoman Omnibus. Fantastic! Great art and amazing use of panels.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I'm starting Man-Wolf the Complete Collection for my Halloween week reading. Probably not finish it till sometime in November.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I'm hoping for a couple omni for this era in 2023 for X-men's 60th anniversary. The Fraction complete collections are long out of print.
    I was confident the 3 Fraction volumes would have nice big print runs, and be readily available for a long time, so I skipped them. Bad idea.

It's very rare to see Marvel reprint Complete Collections, but I'm also hoping for an omni because then those Fraction books will drop in price on the secondary markets.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Deadman : Dark Mansion of Forbidden Love - I was so excited to read this when it was announced. A horror/romance story set in a gothic mansion? Yes, count me in! Unfortunately, it's just an alright romance story with very few horror moments.

Incredible Member

The Hands of Shang Chi Master of Kung Fu Omnibus Volume 1 - better than I had expected - I think mid-70s onwards is from where I can read comics without eye-rolling constantly. The art is great and very dynamic and so far the story is quite interesting. But I do hope that the spy-aspect that people talk about is going to be ramped up soon, at the moment the constant fighting is a bit repetitive. Hope they'll mix it up otherwise 4 omnibus will be a bit too much. What is absolutely mind-boggling is why on Earth they went with this extreme yellow skin colour, especially considering that there are also Asian characters with a more natural skin colour (and the fact that SC is supposed to be of mixed descent). This is one aspect where I wish they had applied some recolouring. Looks really bad and calls to question what they were thinking.

Eternals: The Complete Saga
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

read the title to this thread wrong.
    Last edited by Viktør Vaughn; 11-23-2021 at 10:56 PM.

Doing a read through of American Vampire (I'm on Vol. 3) and Akira (just finished Vol. 1 about to start vol. 2).

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I just finished Sandman: Seasons of Mist and I am going to continue and read Sandman: A Game of You

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I just finished Sandman: Seasons of Mist and I am going to continue and read Sandman: A Game of You
    First time? Those are probably my two favorite arcs and I've been meaning to start a re-read for months now...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    First time? Those are probably my two favorite arcs and I've been meaning to start a re-read for months now...
    First time!

The first book was a little slow and I was wondering what all the hype is about but the minute he went to hell to find his helm and Lucifer wanted to keep him because dreams had no power in hell; Morpheus's answer floored me and I was hooked.

I cannot wait to go through the entire thing and I am so happy that DC released the box set it makes it so easy to find and read.