Page 191 of 220 FirstFirst ... 91141181187188189190191192193194195201 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,865 of 3286

Great read!

"The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Question

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    I am reading the Roger Stern Spider-Man Omnibus.

I made an Comic Omnibus Bookshelf that I am trying to fill
    Great read, I hope you enjoy it. This is the Spidey I grew up on. Also, all the best on your Omnibus purchases. Once you start, it may be very difficult for you to stop and sooner or later you'll be needing more bookshelves

Astonishing Member

I'm currently reading Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus:3. I got a copy of the second edition. This was one of the books I wanted most for my collection. Since I have all the other three volumes in this collection up to number 4.
    I had completely forgotten that John Buscema drew Spider-Man stories. As when I was little I rarely read the credits box of the comics I read, I had the idea that in this period all stories were drawn by John Romita Sr.

Spectacular Member

planning on reading Epic Collection X-Force to get back into the older X-Force comic series

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

The Question Omnibus, it really is a showcase for Denny O’Neils unique voice and charm. It’s very much a reaction to all the British Invasion writers from the time. Vertigo before Vertigo. There is also a ton of excellent fight choreography. It feels like Denny is showing he can work Frank Millers style too. The yoga is also neat to see strangely enough. Everything looks frenetic. I had never heard of Cowans but it looks great. I am also reading Matt Fractions FF. I am really floored by how good this is and I have a new appreciation for Mark Bagley. I love the trading off from Allred to Bagley.
    Last edited by Johnny Thunders!; 07-22-2022 at 05:28 PM.

Finally read the Cursed Pirate Girl HC that has been gathering dust on my bookshelf since I bought it in 2012. I love the detail Archaia put in to the production of the book. The embossing and the way the pages are cut give it an almost pirate feel which fits with the story inside. The art by Jeremy A. Bastian is like nothing I have seen before. The imagination that man has and the level of detail in his work is just ridiculous. The writing is whimsical, creepy, entertaining and similar to a children's fairytale. Overall, I really liked it and hope I'm able to track down the two specials he's released since this collection.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

A friend has loaned me all 6 volumes of the Paper Girls TPBs.
    I'm two issues into the first volume and my early assessment is it looks promising.
    I knew nothing going in so the fact it starts as a period piece in the late 1980s is pretty cool from my POV.
    Hoping for great things.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I'm two issues into the first volume and my early assessment is it looks promising.
    I knew nothing going in so the fact it starts as a period piece in the late 1980s is pretty cool from my POV.
    Hoping for great things.
    In preparation for the tv show? I should read that too, before the show starts, because when I see something on tv/cinema I never go back and read the source material. I once did that with Lord of the Rings. After seeing all three movies I bought the books, and was entirely bored. I finished them, but It wasn't fun anymore.

I got my Avengers Taschen book and I'm giving it another go after several years.
    Super-oversized Kirby truly is something to behold, I find myself stopping minutes at a time on page after page.
    The extra content is also a great read.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Hoping for great things.
    In preparation for the tv show? I should read that too, before the show starts, because when I see something on tv/cinema I never go back and read the source material. I once did that with Lord of the Rings. After seeing all three movies I bought the books, and was entirely bored. I finished them, but It wasn't fun anymore.
    Correct. I'm now three issues into the second TPB. Amazon shocked me(all of us) by dropping it all at once, ala Netflix(which is the right way to do it imo), so I thought I had more time but so far dodging show spoilers has been easy.
    It is a quick read so far. If I didn't have so much going on I could probably read a whole 5 issue volume in one sitting and be done within a week. Alas, married, kids, dogs and such keep me too busy for lengthy reading sessions.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I'm currently reading International Iron Man TPB (Bendis/ Maleev). I've read 2 of the 7 issues and it's pretty good so far. I know/ knew zero about this TPB so I wasn't sure what to expect. The art is a bit minimalistic, albeit expressive, which in a way makes for a faster reading. But the story itself is, up to this point, pretty interesting jumping back between the present and 20 years ago.

I'm reading the Saga Compendium. I wanted it to last, but I just can't control myself, it's so damn good. I'm almost midway and I started yesterday. Work is the only thing standing between me and finishing this book in one sit
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

I just inhaled the Milestone Compendium, I can’t believe I had never read these comics before. I am a Denys Cowan disciple now and I am tempted to start searching the long boxes for his work. Reading Static was just as fun as watching Into the Spiderverse and I can’t believe how original Hardware is as a comic. Hardware, Xombi, Static, Icon, and Blood Syndicate we’re all unbelievable. The crossover event even felt like a real organic and complete story. Unreal! Xombi is every bit as good, if not better version of Grant Morrison’s Doom Patrol!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    I got in on Sandman when #8 was the current issue and read it as it came out from there. In subsequent years I replaced the floppies with trades and return to reread it every couple of years. I like some arcs more than others, and soem of my favorites are actually the one-off stories, but there is such a rich tapestry to explore throughout the series.

-M
    #8 was my first issue as well.

I only liked The Doll's House saga that went from #9-#16. After that, it was hit and miss for me. Sometimes I didn't like the writing but mostly I missed Mike Dringenberg's incredible art.