Page 192 of 218 FirstFirst ... 92142182188189190191192193194195196202 ... LastLast
Results 2,866 to 2,880 of 3266
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    Superman’s Greatest Team ups. It has a haphazard collection of DC Comics Presents. DC Comics has put out Superman’s Bronze Age collection in such a disjointed format. You can get bits and pieces but storylines are unfinished. They should reprint this whole series just like they did with the Joker Bronze Age Omnibus.

Also, I think Dick Dillin really benefits from a great inker, Dick Giordano brings so much weight to everything. It makes all of Dick Dillin’s great choices feel more substantial. Giordano on his own look great. He’s like Joe Quesada, a great artist, that also does management stuff.
    I'll have to check this out. I really enjoyed DC Comics Presents, especially the ones drawn by Dick Dillin.

I just finished the three deluxe hardcover editions of Paper Girls and the Last Ronin collection. Am now working my way through Avengers Epic Collection Vol. 3 The Masters of Evil.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Finished International Iron Man (TPB, #1-#7), I thought it's pretty good, a solid 4 out of 5. The story kept me guessing and it had a couple of good twists and a pretty shocking scene/ twist close to the end. It doesn't get a 5 because the art, while expressive, is below the bar in action scenes (not that there's many action scenes, to be fair, it's not that type of book).

Now reading Infinity War Aftermath TPB, before I tackle Infinity Crusade to finish off the trilogy.

Finished the first volume of The Nice House on the Lake by James Tynion IV and Álvaro Martínez Bueno.
    I'm going to catch up on single issues because I can't wait seven months for volume two, I'm liking it very very much.

And I'm revisiting She-Hulk by Dan Slott in its Complete Collections.
    I liked the first couple of TV episodes, was reminded of how much fun I had way back then and thought I'd give it another go.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Fantastic Four Full Circle, I had as much fun reading this as watching Saturday Morning cartoons way back when. I think he takes a lot of risks, the colors are disorienting, but it’s part of the story.

Just got my copy of the Seven to Eternity Deluxe Edition and it is absolutely gorgeous.

Ok I couldn't put the Seven to Eternity HC down and read it all in one go. What a wonderful story and was worth every penny.

Spectacular Member

Have several going: Armor Wars, The Inferno prologue Omni, Sturm Und Drang, Crossroads, The Return of the Sinister Six, Gotham Central and I just got my copy of the Byrne FF vol. 1….

Batman by Snyder omnibus 1.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I'm almost 200 pages into Son of Satan Classic.
    SoSclassic.jpg
    This is the deepest dive on Damien Hellstrom I've ever read. My initial exposure was the 90s so this early material is new to me.
    Seeing some of the concepts the House of Ideas is reusing, then abandoning and adapting the character into something more has thus been an enjoyable evolution to read.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Incredible Member

Just wrapped up the initial Daredevil by Zdarsky on MU and the only thing that comes to mind is: Has Daredevil had a bad run since the MK launch in ‘98. It is just solid comics for basically 25 years and across multiple writers. I know Diggle gets a bit of a bad rap, but I thought Shadowland was a good finish to all the spiraling darkness from Bendis and Brubaker. I can absolutely understand the praise this run has been getting. Moving on to Devils Reign and Woman Without Fear anxiously. I really enjoyed the problems with Matt’s ethics and actions being explored in a way that felt fresh and still believably true to the character.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Refrigerator Full of Heads (DC)
    Rewild (Berger Books/Dark Horse)
    Cloaked (Dark Horse)
    The House (Dark Horse)
    "It's not my Kate." - Greg Rucka

I just read Saga Volume 10

I'm currently reading Love and Rockets: Heartbreak Soup
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Currently reading Black Panther: The early years.

Currently reading: The Many Deaths of Laila Starr
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH