Page 200 of 221 FirstFirst ... 100150190196197198199200201202203204210 ... LastLast
Results 2,986 to 3,000 of 3305

Quote Originally Posted by Destro777 View Post
    Planetary is pure magic that you will find no substitute in the entire history of the medium.
    One of a kind.

Good thing its infinitely re-readable.
    I was curious if Ellis would do a Planetary spinoff for the Wild Storm reboot but alas we'll never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I finished my Defenders Epic Vol 1 already! Now I want vol 2 and 3 and 4 and 5.....lol!
    Yeah, I already finished the first vol, and can't wait for the next. Great stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by kdawq View Post
    Trying to decide on my next read…New Warriors omnibus vol 1. or my Excalibur Epic Collections…which one has a better run?
    I REALLY like the material in New Warriors Omnibus Vol. 01. I'd go with that.

Peace

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Flaming Carrot Omnibus

FC_Omnibus.jpg

I'm over 25% of the way into this collection. It skips around for reasons I don't know. It collects FC#1-2, 4-11, 25-27.
    I'm ready for issue 7, the last three issues are the TMNT crossover.
    When I was reading these in the 90s I recall a greater sense of fondness for the off beat nature of the read. I find it more bizarre now(in my mid-40s) vs humorous (in my early Teens/20s). I even made a homemade Flaming Carrot costume for dress up day in October my Senior year of HS. As a nostalgia read I have had some moments in some issues come back to me vividly so far, others it is like I'm reading it for the first time. Looking forward to the TMNT crossover that closes out the book.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Mighty Member

Trying to go through the Vertigo 3 of Alan Moore's Swamp Thing, Sandman and Lucifer. Nearly finished Swamp Thing Volume 1 and yeah... it's a masterpiece.

Fantastic Member

Still working the Byrne FF, then Gotham Central, then Brubaker’s Iron Fist.

Extraordinary Member

Jack Kirby's Monsters. Some really funky/twilight zone type stuff.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    Trying to go through the Vertigo 3 of Alan Moore's Swamp Thing, Sandman and Lucifer. Nearly finished Swamp Thing Volume 1 and yeah... it's a masterpiece.
    Everyone keep saying this. I couldn't get through it. I don't even remember anything from that first Trade. Maybe I have to try again? Swamp Thing I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Flaming Carrot Omnibus

FC_Omnibus.jpg

I'm over 25% of the way into this collection. It skips around for reasons I don't know. It collects FC#1-2, 4-11, 25-27.
    I'm ready for issue 7, the last three issues are the TMNT crossover.
    When I was reading these in the 90s I recall a greater sense of fondness for the off beat nature of the read. I find it more bizarre now(in my mid-40s) vs humorous (in my early Teens/20s). I even made a homemade Flaming Carrot costume for dress up day in October my Senior year of HS. As a nostalgia read I have had some moments in some issues come back to me vividly so far, others it is like I'm reading it for the first time. Looking forward to the TMNT crossover that closes out the book.
    My first exposure to both Flaming Carrot and Cerebus was the crossover issue of Cerebus, #104. My teenage 'Both kinds of comics' reading ass didn't know what to make of either of them, but I was intrigued for sure.

I'm not going to be reading anything that's not on Marvel Unlimited until I get all my books unpacked from my recent move.
    Last edited by Spike-X; 03-02-2023 at 01:57 AM.

started on a Black Panther HC of the Hudlin & Romita Jr run. it also has FF 52 & 53 which is pretty cool.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Fantastic Four Life Story, this and the Alex Ross book really hit that FF spot!

Criminal volume 3 "the dead and the dying" by Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillips.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-19-2023 at 08:15 AM.

Re-reading Sex Criminals vols 1-4 because I started 5 after a long gap and had no idea what the hell was going on.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I read two Conan team-up mini-series that I got in standard hardcover a few years back.

Conan / Wonder Woman
    Grade: B+

ConanWW.jpg

The story follows a displaced Diana who is having a bout of amnesia due to whatever(revealed later) brought her to the Hyborian Age.
    Conan thinks she is someone from is past(Yanna) that he knew as a coming of age lad and the two had developing feelings back then. He feels protective of her.
    It is a six issue tale that brings in some of Diana's supporting cast in the final two issues. As with numerous Conan adventures expect evil sorcery and witchcraft to be at play.
    What got me most of this tale from Gail Simone was how at the end I felt some sadness for Conan. Diana was not that young girl......but she is brought into the story as her adult self and is reunited with Conan, briefly.

Conan / Red Sonja
    Grade: B

ConanRedSonja.jpg

This straight up tale, also from Gail Simone, has our two heroes pitted against an evil sorcerer who wants to rule the world. He has a most unexpected weapon in a batch of seeds called the Bloodroot. Once planted they overtake everything around them and their spores can infect people. The tale jumps around. Issue one has an early meeting between the two when they are early 20s, issue two jumps forward to say, late 20s and the last two issues not much later. Conan suffers personal loss in this tale as well, but in a different way than with Yanna from the WW adventure.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Just finished reading Skyward which I thought was excellent. Highly recommend it.

Deathstroke omnibus by Priest.