Page 213 of 221 FirstFirst ... 113163203209210211212213214215216217 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,195 of 3305
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    Yeah, I was really enjoying Injection. Ellis at his best. Too bad he had to go and throw it all away by being a [redacted].
    Think Injection was on hiatus long before all that stuff came out, no? Shalvey had moved on?

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    Yes to newuniversal, aka Larroca's phase where he modeled characters after real world celebrities. I think Gillen did a one shot too (Shockfront?).

Grifter disappears in the second half of the story. I'd like to have seen him meet and cope with the likes of Midnighter and Slayton, i.e. soldiers who are tactical like him but also powered. Would've also been cool to see the Gen13 kids appear.
    Both of those are questions the spinoffs could've handled.

1 of them was definitely Gen 13.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Both of those are questions the spinoffs could've handled.

1 of them was definitely Gen 13.
    Was Ellis going to write them? Because the Michael Cray spinoff wasn't great.

Hellboy and the BPRD:1957.

Was Ellis going to write them? Because the Michael Cray spinoff wasn't great.
    Bryan Hill did the Michael Cray. People are raving about his blade run but his DC work was weak.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-19-2023 at 04:27 AM.

Incredible Member

Hellboy and the BPRD:1957.
    Anything post BPRD Ragnarok storyline that concluded everything has seemed like one of those Weird Tales but longer. They're great one-offs and I guess that's been somewhat always the charm of Hellboy, i.e. the random adventures he gets into. But the overarching storyline had been, for me, providing a lot of urgency and interest. Now, and I haven't read everything post-1952 mini, mind you, it feels a lot more episodic and I can get to it when I get to it.

Bryan Hill did the Michael Cray. People are raving about his blade run but his DC work was weak.
    I've been reading Blade and it honestly reads like a standard superhero book. Is it just that there hasn't been a Blade book in a while? Is it the "feats"? Casagrande, whom I loved on Black Widow, like Cabal, Dauterman, and others, can't seem to maintain a monthly schedule, so my interest does wane when I see fill-ins.

Anything post BPRD Ragnarok storyline that concluded everything has seemed like one of those Weird Tales but longer. They're great one-offs and I guess that's been somewhat always the charm of Hellboy, i.e. the random adventures he gets into. But the overarching storyline had been, for me, providing a lot of urgency and interest. Now, and I haven't read everything post-1952 mini, mind you, it feels a lot more episodic and I can get to it when I get to it.

I've been reading Blade and it honestly reads like a standard superhero book. Is it just that there hasn't been a Blade book in a while? Is it the "feats"? Casagrande, whom I loved on Black Widow, like Cabal, Dauterman, and others, can't seem to maintain a monthly schedule, so my interest does wane when I see fill-ins.
    I'm not sure myself but I'm trade waiting it. I'll let you know but i think it's a mix of feats and just having a Blade comic.

Think Injection was on hiatus long before all that stuff came out, no? Shalvey had moved on?
    I thought it was coming out irregularly, when Shalvey had the time for a few issues in between other projects, but I could be wrong.

I thought it was coming out irregularly, when Shalvey had the time for a few issues in between other projects, but I could be wrong.
    He was taking breaks between arcs/trade volumes, doing 6 issues, taking a break to do other paying gigs, doing another 6, etc. and was on break between arcs when everything hit the fan, so never started the 4th volume.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    He was taking breaks between arcs/trade volumes, doing 6 issues, taking a break to do other paying gigs, doing another 6, etc. and was on break between arcs when everything hit the fan, so never started the 4th volume.

-M
    Yeah, that's how I thought it went down. Thanks!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post

-M
    Thanks for the info.

Yesterday I purchased and read vol 2 and 3 (Get Grayson, and The Battle For Bludhaven's Heart) of Nightwing by Melbourne's own Tom Taylor, and the amazing Bruno Redondo. If there's a better superhero comic currently being published (other than World's Finest, which I'm all over), please tell me what it is.

Black cat omnibus

Yesterday I purchased and read vol 2 and 3 (Get Grayson, and The Battle For Bludhaven's Heart) of Nightwing by Melbourne's own Tom Taylor, and the amazing Bruno Redondo. If there's a better superhero comic currently being published (other than World's Finest, which I'm all over), please tell me what it is.
    I found one that's almost as good! Superman: Son Of Kal-El, also by Melbourne's own Tom Taylor. Tore through vol 1 yesterday, and I still have three more to go!

American Vampire omnibus 1 & 2.

House of Slaughter volume 1 and 2.

House of Slaughter set in the world of "Something is killing the children". Each volume looks to be anthology set around the trials of a specific character.

The 1st volume was centered around Aaron a supporting character from the main title. Volume 1 was set years before the main series and focuses on a tragic love story between Aaron and new member Jace Boucher.

Unlike Volume 1, our protagonist Edwin is a new face. Edwin serves as a researcher for the order of the slaughter. He is sent to investigate a monster sighting around a seaside children's camp and uncovers a secret about his past.

Tynion described his work on Batman as Action Horror but his creator owned work fits the description better.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-27-2023 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Corrected my word choice