Page 24 of 220 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474124 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gurz View Post
    It's kind of silly... Like how Charles Xavier gathered the new X-Men... He was like lets go save the world, and they were all ok. Only an Apachi guy was like no, i won't go anywhere with a white guy... And Xavier was like Apachies are cowards, you are coward ! and the apachi guy was like ok, i will come with you to prove that Apachies are not cowards... I mean too easly convinced, the writing is not very smart. And there was this total Lovecraftian story arc... two parter or something... such a rip off. Leprichornes at the Casedy Keep of Banshee... What the heck is Leprichornes doing in X-Men, so silly. Moments like all the X-Men comes to one point and villain Eric The Red presses a button and ground opens and they all fall to his secret base... so silly, how can you know all the X-Men will gather at that point, it doesn't make sense, such a lazy writting and so on....

ok i will go on. I hope it will get better.
    Ah yeah lol. Good points. It's not all genius for sure. Some silly moments, as there often are in a lot of superhero comic books. It does get better like Graphic Autist says. Still, its not like I think its the GREATEST thing ever or anything.

Mighty Member

I'm reading Spider-man by Roger Stern (I'm almost up to the appearance of Hobgoblin), Knightfall Omnibus v2 (gotta finish that up before I get v3), and Deadpool and Cable omni (I keep books in different rooms and just read what's handy)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gurz View Post
    It's kind of silly... Like how Charles Xavier gathered the new X-Men... He was like lets go save the world, and they were all ok. Only an Apachi guy was like no, i won't go anywhere with a white guy... And Xavier was like Apachies are cowards, you are coward ! and the apachi guy was like ok, i will come with you to prove that Apachies are not cowards... I mean too easly convinced, the writing is not very smart. And there was this total Lovecraftian story arc... two parter or something... such a rip off. Leprichornes at the Casedy Keep of Banshee... What the heck is Leprichornes doing in X-Men, so silly. Moments like all the X-Men comes to one point and villain Eric The Red presses a button and ground opens and they all fall to his secret base... so silly, how can you know all the X-Men will gather at that point, it doesn't make sense, such a lazy writting and so on....

ok i will go on. I hope it will get better.

Yes, there is a lot of silly stuff at the beginning. I think that the stories get much better from the end of the first Omnibus onward. The second and third Omnibi were much faster reads for me. What does stand out for me though, is that Claremont's characterisation is relatively consistent. The characters are recognisable.

I finished the original Secret Wars TPB yesterday. I'm now reading the World Reader TPB.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Incredible Member

I wanted to check out Thor Omnibus Vol 3 to check out some art. Ended up up reading 400 or so pages over a few nights. I found it so great. Kirby from about mid to late 60s to mid 70s is just one of my favourite periods. A lot more whole page art than before by this period. Interested to get to post Kirby period later in the omnibus.

I finished World Reader today. Loved it.

I'm now reading Hostage by Guy Delisle.

Hostage is on my wishlist somewhere, has been for a long time though. Let me know what you think!
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Reading Avengers by John Byrne Omnibus.

Is it just me, or does this look like they used scans from the past and up-sized them a bit? The lettering looks slightly bitmapped. I found it pretty distracting.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Lucifer, I’d forgotten how good it is
    I'm on book 3 atm, never read it before and the first couple of issues were just good but not great but damn this is a great series! Feels like it's very under people's radar too. It needs more exposure but it doesn't seem like the tv series did any good (especially since it has nothing to do with the comics).

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Hostage is on my wishlist somewhere, has been for a long time though. Let me know what you think!
    I finished it last night. I couldn't put it down. You get a great sense of what it was like for him going through the whole ordeal. It's amazing how a man locked up in an almost empty room can be so compelling to read, and with a lot of books you read you're thinking "WHAT will happen next?". With this book, it's more of a "WILL something happen next?". I didn't know anything about his story, so I had no idea how it would pan out, so I would fully recommend avoiding spoilers before reading it!

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I'm on book 3 atm, never read it before and the first couple of issues were just good but not great but damn this is a great series! Feels like it's very under people's radar too. It needs more exposure but it doesn't seem like the tv series did any good (especially since it has nothing to do with the comics).
    Oh man, don’t get me started on the TV series

Awesome, thanks Fluffy! It sounds similar to a film I watched (I forget the name) about a contractor who is buried alive in Iraq (I think, Middle East anyway) and if I remember correctly the entire film takes place in that buried coffin, and yet I had to finish it.
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Awesome, thanks Fluffy! It sounds similar to a film I watched (I forget the name) about a contractor who is buried alive in Iraq (I think, Middle East anyway) and if I remember correctly the entire film takes place in that buried coffin, and yet I had to finish it.
    It's called Buried. With Ryan Reynolds.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Oh man, don’t get me started on the TV series
    i had a look at the trailer and said "NOPE".

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    It's called Buried. With Ryan Reynolds.
    Thanks, although I can never watch it again now because it will remind me of that GL movie...