Page 27 of 221 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

I recently finished the SA Captain America Omnibus by Lee and Kirby. Stories were pretty cheesey, but I loved the Kirby artwork. The bulk of this book was from Cap's run in Tales of Suspense, which he shared with Iron Man, so most of the book is composed of 10-page stories, which makes for a quick read.

Blind-buy for me, but I felt my collection needed some Kirby and Lee's Captain America.
    Last edited by Graphic Autist; 05-11-2018 at 08:30 PM.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Materiel View Post
    Punisher Max Omnibus. Didn't realize I needed that amount of violence in my downtime.
    I thought the Punisher was a total joke after they whored him to hell and back in the early 90s. This series made me fall in love with the Punisher again! Ennis rules.

While waiting for paint to dry on new bookshelves I have started sorting my books into order and decided to crack open the big Deadly Class HC, I took a while to warm to the art but at the end I was super pissed I couldn’t just crack on with book two, liked it a lot, I guess the best thing about it taking me ages to get around to reading it is that book two has a release date so I won’t have to wait too long to get back into it, I expect we will see a tv show at some point

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    While waiting for paint to dry on new bookshelves I have started sorting my books into order and decided to crack open the big Deadly Class HC, I took a while to warm to the art but at the end I was super pissed I couldn’t just crack on with book two, liked it a lot, I guess the best thing about it taking me ages to get around to reading it is that book two has a release date so I won’t have to wait too long to get back into it, I expect we will see a tv show at some point
    SyFy are doing the TV series. Out in 2019 I think.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    SyFy are doing the TV series. Out in 2019 I think.
    Excellent crystal ball use, and if it’s as good as the Expanse and the Magicians I’ll be quite happy

Just read the Expanse has been cancelled grrrrr
    Last edited by Hellboydce; 05-13-2018 at 11:02 AM.

Excellent crystal ball use, and if it’s as good as the Expanse and the Magicians I’ll be quite happy

Just read the Expanse has been cancelled grrrrr
    One day I'll watch the Magicians and the Expanse. Don't know anything about the Expanse other than it's really damn good but read the whole Magicians trilogy twice and absolutely loved those books. I just feel like I need a bit of a distance from the books to enjoy the show.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    One day I'll watch the Magicians and the Expanse. Don't know anything about the Expanse other than it's really damn good but read the whole Magicians trilogy twice and absolutely loved those books. I just feel like I need a bit of a distance from the books to enjoy the show.
    The show is pretty good and very different from the books in some fundamental ways (both plot and tone). Julia's arc (told only in flashback in book 2) unfolds contemporaneously with Quentin's in season 1, for example. A couple characters appear in new ways and a couple are kind of merged into one. It's a good show on its own, but is super interesting if you've read the books and can see all the ways they chose to deviate.

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    The show is pretty good and very different from the books in some fundamental ways (both plot and tone). Julia's arc (told only in flashback in book 2) unfolds contemporaneously with Quentin's in season 1, for example. A couple characters appear in new ways and a couple are kind of merged into one. It's a good show on its own, but is super interesting if you've read the books and can see all the ways they chose to deviate.
    problem is that sometimes bothers me especially when I like the source material a lot. But I think I've read somewhere that the next season will be closer to the books.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    problem is that sometimes bothers me especially when I like the source material a lot. But I think I've read somewhere that the next season will be closer to the books.
    And Jesus Christ, Alice is so incredibly hot, not that’s why I watch it of course

Just finished bingeing all of Jonathan Hickman's Avengers epic, including Secret Wars (finishing two days before I saw Infinity War, which is strongly influenced by Hickman). A blast, though I can see why its super-long-arc, slow-burn storytelling taxed a lot of people's patience when read in monthly, bite-size pieces. This is one of the ultimate examples of "writing for the trades."

Have also been sampling Daredevil recently in trades - most of Bendis & Maleev's run, a good chunk of Brubaker & Lark's. Waid & Samnee up next.

And Jesus Christ, Alice is so incredibly hot, not that’s why I watch it of course
    it doesn't hurt though But I think in the books she is supposed to be the bookish one, not the hot one.

Back on topic:
    I'm on vol 3 of Starman and it's good but not THAT good. I'm contemplating quitting for a while cause I'm not super motivated to read right now and struggling to read even 2 or 3 issues a night. It's not bad by any means but it might work better in smaller chunks?

Incredible Member

Something which I am reading at the moment is Luke Cage MMW 1. I made an order and a volume I wanted was no longer in stock so I substituted with Luke Cage. I am enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would. I am waiting on Vol 2.

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    Something which I am reading at the moment is Luke Cage MMW 1. I made an order and a volume I wanted was no longer in stock so I substituted with Luke Cage. I am enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would. I am waiting on Vol 2.
    Back off topic, she’s hot and bookish, an awesome combo

Back off topic, she’s hot and bookish, an awesome combo
    Alright that works for me

Punisher max the complete collection vol 1
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.