Page 3 of 218 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

Unbeatable Squirrel Girl Vol 1. Sooo good

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    That's why I always read the previous volume again before starting on the new one. Why by books if you're only going to read them once?
    I have more important things to do

Well...considering there's zero characterization in East to West it's hard to remember the events and attach them to characters. So . . . I also re-read vol. 1.

Then I got half way thru vol. 2 and realized this series is overrated. It's one step forward and two back. The storytelling style is trite. It's like it wants to be art just to be art. I get that Hickman's a big picture guy and some of his stuff is great (FF, for example) but this is his chance to shine and create memorable characters. In my opinion, he fails in this series.

The Phantom the Charlton years,vol.1. I'm a big fan of Jim Aparo.
    DC,I need Bronze Age Batman,Green Lantern,and Flash collected.Please,and thank you.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Well...considering there's zero characterization in East to West it's hard to remember the events and attach them to characters. So . . . I also re-read vol. 1.

Then I got half way thru vol. 2 and realized this series is overrated. It's one step forward and two back. The storytelling style is trite. It's like it wants to be art just to be art. I get that Hickman's a big picture guy and some of his stuff is great (FF, for example) but this is his chance to shine and create memorable characters. In my opinion, he fails in this series.
    Hickman is an A+ World builder and B- Character Writer. I enjoy EoW for the worlds its set in but yeah, all the characters are pretty shallow and one-note.

Just finished All-New Wolverine TPB Vol. 3 (6 issues). Read it in one day, which is pretty fast for me. Really love this book.

Just finished Kill or Be Killed Vol. 1 (one of the best book I read since I started reading comics) and Sex Criminals Vol. 1 too. Will soon start Daredevil by Bendis Vol. 1 and Flash Rebirth Vol. 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    See sig, specifically the omnibus edition. And man it is haaaaaard going. :/
    Haha, the writing from that era seems so archaic

Not a fan of Busieks avengers

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    That's why I always read the previous volume again before starting on the new one. Why by books if you're only going to read them once?
    Same, esp if you don't remember much

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    Haha, the writing from that era seems so archaic

Not a fan of Busieks avengers
    Yeah, I had to give up on it. I was reading it just for the sake of getting through it and thats not a good thing.

Moved on to the new Crime Noir by Bendis Omni. Currently reading Torso.

As a side, put me firmly in the EoW fan camp. Its one of the best things Ive read from Hickman. Strangly his FF never clicked with me.

Catching up with Judge Dredd collection. I had like 8 books to read, down to less than 3 now. Reading that one about East Meg 2 with Razor as Soviet judge. Good stuff, one of the best Millar stories. Seriously, it's fast, brutal, with great memorable characters, I'm having a blast with this collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Yeah, I had to give up on it. I was reading it just for the sake of getting through it and thats not a good thing.

Moved on to the new Crime Noir by Bendis Omni. Currently reading Torso.

As a side, put me firmly in the EoW fan camp. Its one of the best things Ive read from Hickman. Strangly his FF never clicked with me.
    How is that Crime noir omnibus?

I'm reading Invincible ultimate collection now. I think the last 5 will be here soon. What a great read!

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    How is that Crime noir omnibus?
    S'good. Very Bendis-y, even in this early work, and his art leaves a lot to be desired but it envokes an appropriate mood. Enjoyable reading so far. Id recommend it if your into crime stuff. Though maybe in a cheaper format.

I'm very much into crime and I love Bendis' Powers, so it's on my list.

Fantastic Member

Reading Lone Wolf & Cub omnibus 2 at work -- short stories to fill gaps in downtime here and there. At home, I just finished the latest Astro City hardcover and about to start Alack Sinner.