Page 31 of 221 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181131 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

I'm really surprised at how good Reeds Carol Danvers is.

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    I contacted the seller. Probably will be getting a new one. That's what they normally do when an item is damaged.
    A new one is on the way

Astonishing Member

Finished the Sandman Vol 1 and Vol 2 TPBīs.
    And curently i am Reading a collected edition of four Tintin books that contain (The Seven Crystal Balls ,Prisoners of the Sun,The Secret of the Unicorn and Red Rackham's Treasure )

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    Finished the Sandman Vol 1 and Vol 2 TPBīs.
    And curently i am Reading a collected edition of four Tintin books that contain (The Seven Crystal Balls ,Prisoners of the Sun,The Secret of the Unicorn and Red Rackham's Treasure )
    What did you think of Sandman? Still not sure if I'll go for it.

Astonishing Member

Itīs still very new to me.I think i will have to re-read it more times.The story and art can get a bit vague sometimes but over all i have enjoyed the first three TPBīS.
    Itīs sort of a horror comic book,some stories are really dark.Last time i remember Reading stories so dark was some Swamp Thing stories by Alan Moore.But there is a clear quality writing and the art is good as well.
    The story is not linear some times but i did not felt being lost Reading the first three TPBīS.
    I think for fans of Horror comic books or Vertigo comic books this would be a good read.
    I always been more of a fan of Marvel comics in regards of comics,so i just started Reading Sandman after finding a copy of Sandman Vol 3 for sale quite cheap recently,so i went to buy it without many expectations except knowing this have been a multi awarded Eisner comic book series.And after Reading the third volume i was interested in Reading more,so i picked up the first two TPBīs as well.

Incredible Member

I just finished the first Batman Knightfall Omnibus which I really enjoyed despite all the negative press it gets. Despite the old school art, the stories felt quite modern / dark.

Before I dive in to the second volume, I wanted to change things up a bit and read The Book of Chaos by Dorison and Lauffrey. This was a great read, I finished it in one sitting. Highly recommended!

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I haven't read I Kill Giants but I believe the Dini story is a little different. Dini imagines characters such as Batman, Joker and Penguin are talking to him but he doesn't imagine being in a different world or place. They are more his conscience and/or negative or bad thoughts sprouting into his head, if you catch my drift. It can be quite heavy at times and is definitely not for kids.

It's not my regular cup of tea but it's an interesting read and you get to know a little about what makes Dini tick.
    Ah yeah I'm aware how Dini uses the DC characters in it but it's kind of the same thing for me as in I kill giants. It's just too on the nose. But everything else sounds cool to me, except for that aspect.

It will haunt you until you can't resist. If you are a devout comic book reader there are some series that you just can't avoid because they are around every fekkin' corner (Watchmen, TDKR, Sandman, Swampy etc).
    I would say give it a shot, the first volume is trying to find it's place a bit (also they thought they will be cancelled after a year) but then it gets better and better. Vol 4 is my favourite but the other 2 arcs before that are great as well (and the first volume isn't crap by any means either). It's not a fast read but a rewarding one (also after vol 4 you can start read Lucifer, one of the best series I've read in recent years).

Finally finished reading the Hulk by Loeb Complete Collection Vol 1. What a ridiculous comic this was. McGuinness enormous art kept me going when the story became too silly for its own good. Loads of good characters in this but most are treated shabbily or just as an excuse for Loeb to show how cool and rad his new Red Hulk is. Now it's 10 years old though (wow) I can laugh about it.

One question - why are all the issues broken up into two parts with a kind of 'boxing poster' inserted in between? Very confusing.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    It will haunt you until you can't resist. If you are a devout comic book reader there are some series that you just can't avoid because they are around every fekkin' corner (Watchmen, TDKR, Sandman, Swampy etc).
    I would say give it a shot, the first volume is trying to find it's place a bit (also they thought they will be cancelled after a year) but then it gets better and better. Vol 4 is my favourite but the other 2 arcs before that are great as well (and the first volume isn't crap by any means either). It's not a fast read but a rewarding one (also after vol 4 you can start read Lucifer, one of the best series I've read in recent years).
    I have seen you mention Lucifer more than once. Its now on my list of things to check out. Is this the Mike Carey run?

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    I have seen you mention Lucifer more than once. Its now on my list of things to check out. Is this the Mike Carey run?
    yupp, I believe there is only the Mike Carrey run, nothing else (and honestly, that's all we need).
    Lucifer is my current favourite, go to recommendation and also I feel like it's very underappreciated that's why I'm mentioning it so much

Spectacular Member

Lucifer is my favourite, along with Promethea. I love Mazikeen.

Just read Saga. I’ve had it for two years and just kept holding off but finally picked it up last night and read it in one sitting. I want volume two now... but I’ve got a few omnibuses I gotta get through first. Just got Busiek Ironman and Hickman Avengers. East of West too. Been enjoying Hickman a lot lately. Busiek, the last thing I can remember is Astro City, but I know I want his Thunderbolts Omni’d. I kinda stopped reading Marvel when they killed and rebooted everything. Instead i picked up one lone DC title then. About when Hawkman came back I started reading JSA. I don’t really read DC, I just wanted a departure from Marvel.

Incredible Member

I am going to order up the first Lucifer in my next order which will be next week when a few things are coming out that I want. Has this ever been collected in hardcover? All I saw was paperback collections which is fine. I am always looking for paperbacks to add to IST orders to balance it out due to shipping.
    I read the first Saga hardcover a little while ago. Loved it. It was so good and I went through it really fast. I have book 2 which I need to get to at some point. At the time I didn't want to read through the entire series too fast.

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    I am going to order up the first Lucifer in my next order which will be next week when a few things are coming out that I want. Has this ever been collected in hardcover? All I saw was paperback collections which is fine. I am always looking for paperbacks to add to IST orders to balance it out due to shipping.
    I read the first Saga hardcover a little while ago. Loved it. It was so good and I went through it really fast. I have book 2 which I need to get to at some point. At the time I didn't want to read through the entire series too fast.
    Paperback only, a definite upgrade if it ever came out as a HC

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Paperback only, a definite upgrade if it ever came out as a HC
    Thanks! Paperback it is.