Page 33 of 220 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383133 ... LastLast

Currently reading my way through Marvel famous firsts anniversary set. On issue 9 of ASM and issue 3 of The Avengers. Also mixing in some Turok. I’m only at the beginning of volume 1 out of the 10 Turok volumes collected by Dark Horse.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    Maybe one more after that one then, just to be sure
    Its one of the better ones for sure and now I feel like re reading it. Something of similar vintage which is also typically a celebrated run near the top of all time lists like Sandman is Preacher. Preacher is just awesome and really lived up to its reputation for me.

Spectacular Member

The Preacher got me back into Marvel. I started the Punisher when I found Ennis was doing it.

Just finished East of West, it’s like a Sci-fi Preacher.

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    Its one of the better ones for sure and now I feel like re reading it. Something of similar vintage which is also typically a celebrated run near the top of all time lists like Sandman is Preacher. Preacher is just awesome and really lived up to its reputation for me.
    Yeah, I love Preacher.

Finished the Darth Vader OHC Volume 2 yesterday. Thought it was brilliant. Loved it.

I'm now reading the Deadly Class Deluxe Volume 1. I've read this in TPB format before, but this is the first in "Remender sized" format.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Recently started reading my Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus V2. Really liking John Romita’s artwork. I haven’t read these stories since the 80s as reprints in Marvel Tales.

Re-reading Action Comics Vol. 5 : What Lies Beneath. It is just as good as when I first read it. Greg Pak wrote Superman and his cast wonderfully. It's unfortunate that his run was cut short and bogged down by a cross-over event.

Spectacular Member

Bit overwhelmed by Busiek, so I picked up Sandman again. No thanks to you guys. At volume five. Been trying to reread Lucifer and actually finish Unwritten the last five years... and now I get through the first four Sandman in a weekend! Also re-started Exiles.

Once I get my issue 8 in a week or so, I'll finally get the chance to read my childhood set of Marvel Superheros Secret Wars 1-12, then I'll start on the Annihilation series Vol 1 and 2 and finish my summer reading with Avengers Forever.

Fantastic Member

I have started reading the first compendium of Invincible never read the series before looking forward to getting through it

Extraordinary Member

Finally finished university for the year and since my X-Men omnibuses are missing, I have decided to read the Bronze age SwAMP Thing omnibus up until Moore's entire run! Will start tomorrow.

Incredible Member

About halfway through Warren Ellis' Global Frequency. I really like his writing style but the different art in every issue is not always a winner. I'm wondering if there is an overarching thing in the background which will just click together like it did in Planetary (which is my favourite omnibus so far) or whether this episodic thing is all there is to it. I would prefer it if all led up to something bigger but for the time being, it's enjoyable enough.

Haven't decided yet what to read after this. maybe something really old school.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    About halfway through Warren Ellis' Global Frequency. I really like his writing style but the different art in every issue is not always a winner. I'm wondering if there is an overarching thing in the background which will just click together like it did in Planetary (which is my favourite omnibus so far) or whether this episodic thing is all there is to it. I would prefer it if all led up to something bigger but for the time being, it's enjoyable enough.

Haven't decided yet what to read after this. maybe something really old school.
    it stays more or less episodic. It's still a good read though IMHO.

Incredible Member

I am finishing up Captain America Omnibus 1. I have now read chunks of silver age SHIELD/Nick Fury, Spiderman, Fantastic Four, Captain America, Thor and Doctor Strange. I would rank Fantastic Four near the bottom to be honest. It can be great but theres a lot of very average in there as well.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Well, I finished the Animal Man Omnibus by Morrison yesterday evening. What a trip! Morrison venting out his feelings and frustrations through the run. As an animal lover, the story was close to home so I could relate to the greater part of what Morrison was intimating. I do think that it probably needs another read at some point. The last issue was interesting to say the least but it makes you wonder what should be deemed in continuity or not. The art was .... "simple" - you kind of wish the run had been illustrated by "better" artists but I grew accustomed to it and it seemed to fit the story. The covers by Brian Bolland were pretty amazing. I am intrigued as to Buddy's further adventures and will want to read the following issues.
    Last edited by Raffi Ol D'Arcy; 06-07-2018 at 01:24 AM.