Page 35 of 220 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585135 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    I am about a third of the way through the first Lucifer. I am really liking it a lot. I was going to read just the first issue before bed and read 3 and some more this morning so thats a good sign! I really like the art style too (more so as I read through rather than first impressions flipping through) and I was interested in the character from the first issue. Sometimes, it can take a few issues before I feel invested in the characters. I had ordered the first two trades so the second onee will be ready to go!
    awesome!
    I think after the first two stories the art style more or less stays consistent (even though there are more than one artists working on it) but different from the first two artists (can't remember who was the first, the second I believe was Weston).

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Just finished Lucifer, it was as good as I remember it when I read the floppies and have now jumped straight into Hellblazer, another book I haven’t read since it first came out all those years ago (my first comic was Hellblazer, 3 or 4, can’t quite remember) I just hope I haven’t been remembering it with rose tinted glasses as I have 18 trades to get through
    ahahaha!
    I'm not the biggest fan of the early stuff from Delano, I keep telling it to everyone to just jump to the Ennis stuff cause to me that's what HB is about. Delano is not horrible but I think the title was really just trying to find its way.
    I also curse DC for starting Ennis' run in the middle of a volume...

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    Alright so is it just down to a bad pair of books or do you think with the decision to pull back on buying comics, that might have shifted your attitude a bit and also made you more discerning about what you read?
    I think it's just a coincidence that it happened at the same time. Also a coincidence that I had so many bad experiences this year, last year was pretty good with all the new stuff I've tried (mainly Transformers and Sunstone).
    The last big disappointment before this was the Goon which I used to love but I could barely get through the LE's when I reread them.
    I think I just realised that I don't have to try everything that looks good and slog through a book because certain aspects appeal to me but as a whole it's not a good reading experience (and that's especially clear when you read something gripping that you are unable to put down, straight after a slog) and I shouldn't waste my time on okay books.

Extraordinary Member

Bronze Age Swamp Thing is much much better than I thought. It has a great horror vibe to it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    it stays more or less episodic. It's still a good read though IMHO.
    Just finished it and having read it all, I would rate it higher than I did in my earlier post. As I could not decide what to read next, I let my wife do the picking (she's not into comics at all although she wants to read Wonder Woman and Preacher) and she picked Absolute Transmetropolitan Volume 1. So it is Ellis again 5 issues in and I really like it. This could turn out great

By the way, is it possible that I just bought a couple of books from you on Saturday? The username and location seem to match

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    Just finished it and having read it all, I would rate it higher than I did in my earlier post. As I could not decide what to read next, I let my wife do the picking (she's not into comics at all although she wants to read Wonder Woman and Preacher) and she picked Absolute Transmetropolitan Volume 1. So it is Ellis again 5 issues in and I really like it. This could turn out great

By the way, is it possible that I just bought a couple of books from you on Saturday? The username and location seem to match
    Transmetropolitan is one of those runs I should really read and I feel ashamed for not doing it already. Read like 10-12 issues ages ago and absolutely loved it but I was waiting for a nicer format to collect than the trades...and then bumm, 3 absolutes. Bit of a big investment so still waiting on something else or just gonna take the plunge one day.

And if you bought Starman or A&A then yeah that could be me :'D

Incredible Member

Transmetropolitan is one of those runs I should really read and I feel ashamed for not doing it already. Read like 10-12 issues ages ago and absolutely loved it but I was waiting for a nicer format to collect than the trades...and then bumm, 3 absolutes. Bit of a big investment so still waiting on something else or just gonna take the plunge one day.

And if you bought Starman or A&A then yeah that could be me :'D
    Yup, Starman would be me

Yup, Starman would be me
    damn, my secret identity is revealed

Incredible Member

damn, my secret identity is revealed
    No worries, I won't tell anyone

No worries, I won't tell anyone
    it's okay I could be any one of the hundreds of people selling a full set of Starman omnibuses :P

I’ve been reading these Darkwing Duck tpb from the Boom run. They are actually really enjoyable!

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I had a Fear marathon: the Fear Itself event (mediocre story but great art and inks by Stuart Immonen and Wade von Grawbadger), Fear Itself: Spider-Man (just ok); Fear Itself: Hulk vs. Dracula (quite an enjoyable read); The Fearless (not a bad story and pretty good art, Crossbones got a bit on my nerves as he seemed to be pretty invincible and able to beat and outwit almost everyone even Dr Strange) and also the Battle Scars TPB in which we are introduced to two characters that become quite pivotal to the Marvel Universe.

I finished the Deadly Class Deluxe Volume 1. Loved it but it's frustrating ending on that cliffhanger!

I've now picked up the Daredevil Omnibus Volume 1 by Brubaker. I was going to wait to get the Bendis stuff first and read it all in order but I've had enough of waiting lol.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

After singing it’s praise I’m really struggling with early Hellblazer, Delano is just too wordy, I enjoyed Newcastle but the rest of the stuff! Art is all over the place, 2 trades down, 16 more to go, hope it gets better, it’s not how I remember it

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    After singing it’s praise I’m really struggling with early Hellblazer, Delano is just too wordy, I enjoyed Newcastle but the rest of the stuff! Art is all over the place, 2 trades down, 16 more to go, hope it gets better, it’s not how I remember it
    I glad someone else feels this way. Everytime i bring up i don't care for it i get i get shamed lol. Even the "peak" Ennis issues were just alright imo.