Page 38 of 220 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888138 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post

and now just a reminder that DC cancelled the further Unwritten volumes. Haven't read it yet but based on Lucifer and Carey's Hellblazer run I'm getting more and more pissed by this cancellation.
    It is a catch 22 situation but this is the exact reason I won’t buy a series in trades until it’s complete (Hellblazer aside)

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    It is a catch 22 situation but this is the exact reason I won’t buy a series in trades until it’s complete (Hellblazer aside)
    I feel the same after sandman mystery theatre and unwritten. Oh and spectre.

How is your hellblazer readathon going btw? I've just reread dangerous habits and I still think it's a very satisfying read. Maybe the tone is a bit closer to Delano's than I remembered (endless narration) but it's a much more entertaining read.

How is your hellblazer readathon going btw? I've just reread dangerous habits and I still think it's a very satisfying read. Maybe the tone is a bit closer to Delano's than I remembered (endless narration) but it's a much more entertaining read.
    I thougt Unwritten is completed in tpb and cancelled in hc after the first one. Or am I wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    I thougt Unwritten is completed in tpb and cancelled in hc after the first one. Or am I wrong?
    Yeah you are right but me and many others bought the deluxe and not the trades. Before the unwritten I can't recall any vertigo deluxes being cancelled. Still better than some other titles that aren't collected at all but annoying nonetheless. You would think starting a dlx line means some kind of commitment.

Yeah you are right but me and many others bought the deluxe and not the trades. Before the unwritten I can't recall any vertigo deluxes being cancelled. Still better than some other titles that aren't collected at all but annoying nonetheless. You would think starting a dlx line means some kind of commitment.
    I know. Deluxe #2 was announced, that's when I bought #1. Not long after it got cancelled.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

I finished the SA Mighty Thor Omnibus V3 today.

I loved it!

It’s picking up, on the 4th book now, Family Man storyline was a nice change of pace and things have picked up, nice little Sandman nod to the serial killer convention

Just finished these two tpb.

Entertaining and an over all enjoyable read. Not quite as good as the Darkwing Duck run but still good.

It’s the 2010 boom studios run of Rescue Rangers. The series only went eight issues so only these two tpb got produced.

IG @ turtle_wa
    Youtube @TurtleWA

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    I finished the SA Mighty Thor Omnibus V3 today.

I loved it!
    One of my favorite reads from start to finish.

Spectacular Member

What’s “SA” Mighty Thor?

Quote Originally Posted by koonfasa View Post
    What’s “SA” Mighty Thor?
    Silver Age.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Just started reading SA Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus V3.

If I enjoy this half as much as I did the first two volumes, I’ll be quite pleased.

Finally finished the first Brubaker Daredevil omnibus. Loved it. I'm now reading the Star Wars: Kanan Omnibus.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

I would appreciate a view on the Kanan when you're done, considering adding it to my Darth Vader omnibus and the first two SW HCs.

I finally (7 months later?) started reading the GJ Green Lantner omnibus' this morning. I go away for summer on 6/7/18 and my graduation is on 5/7/18, but I can't take them with me, so I have some reading to do :P I also have three novels that I want to get read in that time, so eek! Currently about one third of the way through omnibus 1. I have read most of it so far in single HC format and loved it second time around too, but soon it will be completely new material for me.
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    I would appreciate a view on the Kanan when you're done, considering adding it to my Darth Vader omnibus and the first two SW HCs.
    I'm about half way through at the mo. Liking it so far. I've not seen any of the Rebels TV show, so this is the first time I've encountered Kanan. I've read the 2 Darth Vader OHCs by Gillen and the first Star Wars OHC. The 2nd Star Wars OHC will be my next Star Wars related book.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"