Page 4 of 218 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by John Aston View Post
    Reading Lone Wolf & Cub omnibus 2 at work -- short stories to fill gaps in downtime here and there. At home, I just finished the latest Astro City hardcover and about to start Alack Sinner.
    I need a job like yours where I can read comics at work... That'd be so great!!

BANNED

Ragnarok vol. 2: Lord of the Dead- been really enjoying the story so far with the post-apocalyptic neo-Norse myth spin, and I love that Simonson artwork.

Starting Batman Knightfall vol 3 today.

I just finished Skullkickers Treasure Trove Vol. 2. I think it enjoyed it more than the first. I definently laughed more. I'm slightly dissapointed with one of the twists of the series but we'll see how it ends in Vol. 3. I'm a big fantasy fan and I wish there were more comics that took place in a more Dungeons & Dragons type setting.

I'm expecting vol. 3 in sometime next week. I'm really looked forward to the conclusion. Between this series and Samurai Jack, Jim Zub is really hitting it out of the park for me.

Daredevil: The Man Without Fear by Miller and Romita Jr
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    Daredevil: The Man Without Fear by Miller and Romita Jr
    I'm not a big fan of JRJR's but he was at his best when on Daredevil. This was in particular due to Al Williamson's inks.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostPirate View Post
    Ragnarok vol. 2: Lord of the Dead- been really enjoying the story so far with the post-apocalyptic neo-Norse myth spin, and I love that Simonson artwork.
    Was just looking into this. Looks gnarly. Something worth reading?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Haven't grabbed Vol 2 yet (only waiting to tack onto a free shipping IST order), but Vol 1 was awesome IMO. I believe my exact words in another thread was that I was angry for pulling this forward in my backlog because it was that much longer I had to wait for Vol 2 to come out.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Depends.

If you're a fan of Simonson's runs on Thor and/or Orion, this is like a post-apocalyptic, Mad Max-ian version of that sort of story. Darker in general but not substantially grittier than his more mainstream DC & Marvel work. The artwork is definitely up to the usual Simonson standard, and the way he writes tends to play towards his strengths as an artist.

Then again, if Simonson's storytelling, especially on the above series, has never been your cup of tea... Ragnarok probably won't change your mind.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

I love both volumes of Ragnarok, it sounds insane, it's the story of Thor after Ragnorok. Asgard is in ruins, the dead wander around, and he is on his own just like the book says "Last God Standing"! I am reading The Electra Omnibus by Frank Miller. I just finished Man Without Fear, he was testing out ideas he'd use in Sin City.

Thanks for the feedback guys! I'll at least sample V.1!

I read the Invincible ultimates up to number 6, I definitely need to buy the rest. Now I've started in Tokyo Ghost.

I just finished Spider-Man Epic Collection: Kraven's Last Hust and I started Jack Kirby's The Loosers.

BANNED

Just finished Locke & Key HC vols. 1-5. In general, I've found for me most of the universally recommended books here on CBR tend to be really hit & miss, but I can safely say I loved Locke & Key. So much so that had I read it when I was actually in the high school/ college age range it might have been a contender for all time favorite. Doesn't reach quite that height for me now, but still an excellent read.

Next up: Chew Omnivore 1-6. I'm a couple books in and I already love this series (I had read the first couple trades at the library and liked them enough that when I saw the whole series listed at a good price I jumped at it). Unfortunately, I've also learned I can never drink and read without risking a spit take. So far this might have the most consistently hilarious background content I have ever seen anywhere.

Fantastic Member

Calvin & Hobbes...and man it's good stuff.