Page 40 of 221 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090140 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Incredibly slow day at work today, and I finished the Miller Daredevil Omnibus, reading almost 500 pages. Excellent stories.

I also realized Klaus Janson is way under-appreciated. I think he made Miller's pencils look better than what they were.

Extraordinary Member

Flash Rebirth is so good!

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    Incredibly slow day at work today, and I finished the Miller Daredevil Omnibus, reading almost 500 pages. Excellent stories.

I also realized Klaus Janson is way under-appreciated. I think he made Miller's pencils look better than what they were.
    I'm glad you liked it. Yeah, Janson inking Miller produced some fantastic work. Janson solitary on art and inks not so great. Miller and Janson together produced my favourite Daredevil run.

Extraordinary Member

I've almost finished the second Flash rebirth edition. What a series, it has taken me so long to get into DC comics and this has done it for me. I love the characterisation and the art is superb.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I've almost finished the second Flash rebirth edition. What a series, it has taken me so long to get into DC comics and this has done it for me. I love the characterisation and the art is superb.
    First collection was just ok for me, but did enjoy the 2nd. Agree about the art. I haven't really read any other Flash, he's never really interested me much

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    First collection was just ok for me, but did enjoy the 2nd. Agree about the art. I haven't really read any other Flash, he's never really interested me much
    I've always struggled with DC for some reason, but Rebirth has been so good in helping me understand the universe.

Incredible Member

I've always struggled with DC for some reason, but Rebirth has been so good in helping me understand the universe.
    Just finishing up the deluxe editions vol 2 for Action Comics and Superman. Really enjoyed both of them. I have Flash but haven’t read them yet. Really like Detective comics and Green Arrow as well.

Spectacular Member

I'm slogging my way through the Daredevil: Mike Murdock Must Die! Epic Collection. Some issues are ok, but the Matt/Mike storyline is really starting to grate on me.

This is currently on its way to me - I really liked the first volume so I am looking forward to this!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    Just finishing up the deluxe editions vol 2 for Action Comics and Superman. Really enjoyed both of them. I have Flash but haven’t read them yet. Really like Detective comics and Green Arrow as well.
    I'll try to pick up Detective Comics also.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan P91 View Post
    I'm slogging my way through the Daredevil: Mike Murdock Must Die! Epic Collection. Some issues are ok, but the Matt/Mike storyline is really starting to grate on me.

This is currently on its way to me - I really liked the first volume so I am looking forward to this!
    It is great. I love it.

I finished Dark Metal and I don't see the hype for it. A very average storyline with much potential but I feel we didn't get to see much of it.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan P91 View Post

Yeah, I found Mike Murdock a royal pain. I was so glad when it was all over. He is one of my least favourite "characters" in all of Daredevil's history of comics.

I’m on the second Omnibus from Dark Horse’s run on Conan. Holy crap, it’s good.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    I’m on the second Omnibus from Dark Horse’s run on Conan. Holy crap, it’s good.
    Which run is that? Is that the Busiek run also collected in the Colossal Conan? Thanks

Absolute All Star Batman and Robin, the boy wonder, working through my books now they are all on display, it’s exactly as I remember it, take that as you will

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    Which run is that? Is that the Busiek run also collected in the Colossal Conan? Thanks
    Yes! Busiek wrote the entire first book, and half of the second.