Page 41 of 221 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Absolute All Star Batman and Robin, the boy wonder, working through my books now they are all on display, it’s exactly as I remember it, take that as you will
    wait, so you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    wait, so you like it?
    I wouldn’t say that, but I wouldn’t give it the amount of hate it gets, it’s just not that great, especially as it was meant to be a companion piece to ASS, the best Superman story I have ever read

I wouldn’t say that, but I wouldn’t give it the amount of hate it gets, it’s just not that great, especially as it was meant to be a companion piece to ASS, the best Superman story I have ever read
    I wouldn't say it's bad bad, like an Ultimatum it's just nonsensical. Which I can see being entertaining.

Extraordinary Member

I finally finished the Swamp Thing Bronze Age omnibus. The final 200 pages were pretty poor, but the overall omnibus was incredibly well-written and macabre.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I finally finished the Swamp Thing Bronze Age omnibus. The final 200 pages were pretty poor, but the overall omnibus was incredibly well-written and macabre.
    Nice, I got mine coming in the mail. Haven't read any Swamp thing before, but I heard the Alan Moore run is some great stuff, so I wanted to read what came before to get a better feeling for the character.

Absolute All Star Batman and Robin, the boy wonder, working through my books now they are all on display, it’s exactly as I remember it, take that as you will
    I unironically love ASBAR, I read it as a Miller Elseworlds dynamic duo origin. None of the characters are likable, but I don't think these versions are meant to.
    I'm still salty about the story never having an actual ending. Not sure if that's to blame on Jim Lee or Frank Miller himself. I certainly never expected to see the 300 sequel or the DK2 sequel published before the rest of The G-damn Batman story.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JJ87 View Post
    I unironically love ASBAR, I read it as a Miller Elseworlds dynamic duo origin. None of the characters are likable, but I don't think these versions are meant to.
    I will never say this was a good series...but I sure loved reading it. It's so batshit (ha!) crazy that it works as comedy. Batman is such an ******* in this, that you'd think he was the villain. But damn, it was beautifully drawn. A trainwreck that I recommend to people that like Batman. What a dick...
    Last edited by Graphic Autist; 07-06-2018 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HuggyBear View Post
    Nice, I got mine coming in the mail. Haven't read any Swamp thing before, but I heard the Alan Moore run is some great stuff, so I wanted to read what came before to get a better feeling for the character.
    I've been thinking about doing this too in anticipation of Moore's run getting collected eventually. Hopefully it sticks around for awhile since my read+want lists are pretty clogged right now.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Started reading the Hard Travelling Heroes deluxe edition that recently came out. First time reading these issues since 1991 or so. I really like the thick, uncoated paper they used.

This series has always been a favorite of mine, despite it coming out even before I was born. I even bought the whole collection in my late teens which took up the entirety of my meager earnings over the summer.
    Last edited by Graphic Autist; 07-07-2018 at 01:58 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HuggyBear View Post
    It is awesome. I'm following it up with the Moore run tomorrow/Monday.

I am reading over 50 collected editions
    Just the other day I added New Teen Titans Omnibus vol.2 and Superior Brian Michael Bendis complete Daredevil vol.1
    and now today received Siler Age Legion Of Super Heroes Omnibus vol.2 and Superior Spider-Man complete collection vol.1.
    I have books to the left of my computer I pick up and read and than book mark
    I have books to the right of my computer, I have books down below on my left side and books behind me against the back
    wall that I all have book marks and I am currently reading and I will be ordering more today or soon.

Thor - The God of Thunder. Epic Collection. 1st time reading Thor solo books.

I'm currently reading my Amazing Spider-man Omnibus Volume 1 again in honour of Steve Ditko.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by 2nd line g View Post
    Thor - The God of Thunder. Epic Collection. 1st time reading Thor solo books.
    Silver Age Thor is great especially later on.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    I'm currently reading my Amazing Spider-man Omnibus Volume 1 again in honour of Steve Ditko.
    How do the early Spidey stories hold up? Keen to give them a read as I haven't read as much Spider-Man as I'd like and the original stuff looks quite good.