Page 43 of 219 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393143 ... LastLast

Just finished the Miles Morales omnibus. Bendis' dialogue gets a bit weird towards the end. Starting Morrison's Batman.

Amazing Member

About to finish Infinite Crisis Omnibus today and going to be starting 52 Omni right after

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    And did you like it?
    I did lol. I haven't been around comics in a long time and only recently got back into them about a few months ago so I didn't know much about the characters the story revolved around like Ralph, Ollie, Sue and Zatanna. Thought the dialogue was pretty good and flowed well, and the whole mindwipes thing was pretty wild.
    Last edited by HuggyBear; 07-12-2018 at 09:06 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Swamp Thing just gets better and better. I don't understand how they did it!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HuggyBear View Post
    About to finish Infinite Crisis Omnibus today and going to be starting 52 Omni right after

I did lol. I haven't been around comics in a long time and only recently got back into them about a few months ago so I didn't know much about the characters the story revolved around like Ralph, Ollie, Sue and Zatanna. Thought the dialogue was pretty good and flowed well, and the whole mindwipes thing was pretty wild.

You really should've read Identity Crisis first...

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    You really should've read Identity Crisis first...
    He did. I asked him if he liked it:
    Quote Originally Posted by HuggyBear View Post
    Finished Identity Crisis 10th Anni Hardcover and now have started Infinite Crisis omnibus!

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I really think you should just end your agony and sell the lot.
    I think I will finish them, but I will sell them as I can’t see myself ever reading them again

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Swamp Thing just gets better and better. I don't understand how they did it!!!!
    That Alan Moore Swamp Thing has crept into everything. I think the director of Ex-Machina and Annihilation was talking about how the look of the book influenced his movie.

Spectacular Member

I read Infinity Hardcover. Its a comic that desperately wants to be a movie. It was a quick read, and i was a bit surprised that it seemed so superficial given that I often hear how great Hickman is supposed to be.

I struggled to get into Hickman's Fantastic Four; should I go back to that run or is it going to be the same as Infinity?

Quote Originally Posted by madave View Post
    I read Infinity Hardcover. Its a comic that desperately wants to be a movie. It was a quick read, and i was a bit surprised that it seemed so superficial given that I often hear how great Hickman is supposed to be.

I struggled to get into Hickman's Fantastic Four; should I go back to that run or is it going to be the same as Infinity?
    Infinity is some middle chapters of a story. It would be like you only watching the middle 40 minutes of a movie and then critiquing it for not including all of the character development and drama of the first and last act.

However if you struggled to get into his Fantastic Four then I'd just say move on to your usual Deadpool comics or whatever you read.

Working my way alphabetically through my unread absolutes now and have just started Batman and Robin reborn, I know nothing about the lead into this book so no idea why Batman is supposedly dead, but I’m not finding it that interesting, the first arc, the pyg one, is ok but then the red hood one after I found quite poor, but I’m thinking it maybe to do with having so many different artists working on a book and ruining any sort of flow.

I really think something like this will suit the omnibus better rather than an absolute

Edit. Just finished it, thought it was poor, as mentioned it may be better collected as an omnibus, but as an absolute it was a bad choice, now onto court of owls, which I have never read, although I recal not being that impressed with the animated movie, maybe this will be better
    Last edited by Hellboydce; 07-14-2018 at 07:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by madave View Post

Infinity is the payoff for the first 18 issues of his Avengers/New Avengers run, and the way the hardcover is collected, it just doesn't work without reading that run prior. I really liked it as it concluded some plot and character threads in really satisfying ways, as well as adding in some new wrinkles and progressing the overall narrative. That said, it'd be hard to find a lot of enjoyment out of it without having read the rest of the run.

On his Fantastic Four, this was was another series I really loved. I read it in trades and it was a fantastic read. I'm not sure how far you got, but it definitely gets better. Volume 1 is a fine superhero story, volume 2 is a bit of a drag and I didn't really enjoy it, but from volume 3, it ramps it up a gear. From here on, it is peak superhero storytelling. One of my favourite series.

Powering through them now, just finished absolute Court of Owls which I enjoyed far more than Batman and Robin Reborn, and as I will probably never read any sort of follow up, was the guy Batman’s brother? On to more familiar territory next Loeb and Sales absolute Dark Victory, which I have read before but I’m looking forward to seeing it all big and sexy

Any chance I’m gonna like Batman inc.?
    Last edited by Hellboydce; 07-14-2018 at 02:37 PM.

Just finished Lemire and Sorrentino's Green Arrow and it was a delight. Gorgeous and creative artwork mixed with great writing and some really shocking twists. Felt a bit like Green Arrow: Zero Year (would have said Year One but that title is taken).

I've never read any Green Arrow, but I've always been tempted. I think that the TV series initially got me into GA, but then ended up putting me off by time I stopped watching it. I keep hearing good things about the comic itself though, so should maybe give it a try...
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    I've never read any Green Arrow, but I've always been tempted. I think that the TV series initially got me into GA, but then ended up putting me off by time I stopped watching it. I keep hearing good things about the comic itself though, so should maybe give it a try...
    It has a pretty similar tone to the first two seasons of the show, but it's very much its own thing and it's really good. I'd highly recommend it for people who know a bit about the character but haven't read any of his stuff before. I'd only read the Rebirth series personally, and they are both great.