Page 45 of 220 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595145 ... LastLast

Batman by Grant Morrison Im really enjoying it so far!

Quasar Complete Collection Vol. 1

Incredible Member

Finishing up the last volume (5) of Lucifer. I've loved this series. I can't think of any weak points. Thanks for Balakin for the recommendation.
    Also finishing up Knighfall Omnibus Vol 3. It's been a great run. I was never bored reading any of this and read big chunks at a time very easily (well there was one storyline early on with this wannabe general kid which wasn't great).

I'm reading Geoff Johns Green Lantern omnibus 1. I need to get the other 2 too. Great stuff!

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Just started on my Infinite Crisis Omnibus.

I'm now reading the Ghostbusters: Mass Hysteria HC.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Got the Miles Morales Omni for my birthday and I must say that it's excellent so far. Really love how it's written, the art, the characters in general but especially Miles. I'm 16 issues in and I can't stop.

Amazing Member

Finished 52 a few days ago and now I've started on New X-Men from Morrison. Though I'm also getting ready to get back to Green Lantern Geoff Johns omnibuses (I got halfway through vol 1, saw mention of Infinite Crisis and went off to read both Infinite Crisis and 52 before I continued)

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    Just started on my Infinite Crisis Omnibus.
    It's so damn good. I really enjoyed the majority of that Omnibus all the way through. It felt like everything was great, with maybe Rann-Thanagar War being the weak link of the bunch.

About six months ago I began a complete re-read of the Invincible Ultimate Collection hardcovers leading up to my first read of the final two volumes. I just finished them. They have always jokingly(?) used the tagline "Probably the best superhero comic in the Universe" on the books. Truth be told, it may very well be. I can unquestionably say it is easily in my all-time top ten of all comics. I loved everything about all 144 issues. It's a remarkable achievement, especially in this day and age, by Robert Kirkman, Ryan Ottley, Cory Walker, and anybody else that consistently did work on the book. Anybody that claims to love superhero comics that hasn't read it is doing themselves a tremendous disservice. You like hardcovers, all twelve are outstanding quality books. Afraid to dive into a twelve hardcover run or want a cheaper option, the three paperback compendiums are the best value in comics. Grab the first couple of hardcovers or first compendium and give this book a try. I love DC and Marvel as much as most, but Invincible is better than 99.9999% of it.

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    About six months ago I began a complete re-read of the Invincible Ultimate Collection hardcovers leading up to my first read of the final two volumes. I just finished them. They have always jokingly(?) used the tagline "Probably the best superhero comic in the Universe" on the books. Truth be told, it may very well be. I can unquestionably say it is easily in my all-time top ten of all comics. I loved everything about all 144 issues. It's a remarkable achievement, especially in this day and age, by Robert Kirkman, Ryan Ottley, Cory Walker, and anybody else that consistently did work on the book. Anybody that claims to love superhero comics that hasn't read it is doing themselves a tremendous disservice. You like hardcovers, all twelve are outstanding quality books. Afraid to dive into a twelve hardcover run or want a cheaper option, the three paperback compendiums are the best value in comics. Grab the first couple of hardcovers or first compendium and give this book a try. I love DC and Marvel as much as most, but Invincible is better than 99.9999% of it.

100% agree, hard to believe it’s the same guy that writes the walking dead, I have the 3 slipcase editions, which I wish they had continued with as it really deserves it, haven’t read vol 12 yet, as I kinda don’t want it to finish, I think I may read it all again first

Just finished vol 15 of Hellblazer, last of the Azzarello stuff I assume, and boy was he a bad fit, this was nothing at all like the Constantine from the previous 150 odd issues, not good (although I did enjoy the art)
    Last edited by Hellboydce; 08-03-2018 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    100% agree, hard to believe it’s the same guy that writes the walking dead, I have the 3 slipcase editions, which I wish they had continued with as it really deserves it, haven’t read vol 12 yet, as I kinda don’t want it to finish, I think I may read it all again first

Just finished vol 15 of Hellblazer, last of the Azzarello stuff I assume, and boy was he a bad fit, this was nothing at all like the Constantine from the previous 150 odd issues, not good (although I did enjoy the art)
    Yeah I don't like knowing it's a definitive ending, when going in to read it. I'm looking forward to my Compendium vol. 3 arriving though.

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    I agree, when your reading it from beginning to end it's probably my favorite Super Hero epic of all time. It's a bit decompressed to read monthly but if you have the time to read it all in a month everything fresh in your head it's a masterpiece of story telling.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post

I think Azzarello's take felt like an american's idea of Constantine who only heard of the series before. I think the stories are entertaining but a bit out of character and tone.
    Surprised you are still reading it tho, that's a ton of material to work through. Curious how you will like Carey. Other than the Supernovas X-men ohc years ago this was my first real exposure to his writing and this made me wanna read Lucifer (which was an instant hit for me).

double post again
    Last edited by Hellboydce; 08-04-2018 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I think Azzarello's take felt like an american's idea of Constantine who only heard of the series before. I think the stories are entertaining but a bit out of character and tone.
    Surprised you are still reading it tho, that's a ton of material to work through. Curious how you will like Carey. Other than the Supernovas X-men ohc years ago this was my first real exposure to his writing and this made me wanna read Lucifer (which was an instant hit for me).
    Think I have 4 trades then I’m done, and eBay they go