Page 51 of 218 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I finished reading Aquaman: A Celebration of 75 Years HC. A decent collection with a pretty good selection of issues. Aquaman has been blessed with some very good artists over the years - Ramona Fradon, Nick Cardy, Jim Aparo, Yvel Guichet, Patrick Gleason, Ivan Reis. The stories have varied. I know Peter David’s run is a favourite amongst many and I plan on reading it at some point - I only managed to read the first five issues or so as well as reading the Atlantis Chronicles and the Time and Tide mini-series which both precede his main run and I must add are imperative to understanding David’s retcon of Aquaman’s origin. Whilst reading the 75 Years book, I also managed in-between to read the single issues from the 2003 39-issue run which had various writers including Rick Veitch, John Ostrander, Will Pfeifer and John Arcudi, and included the very interesting, though not without its flaws, Sub-Diego arc. I’ve quite liked the 75 Years book series and purchased several as they give a pretty good background/overview on the characters in question.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

About halfway through Byrne’s FF V1. Wonderful.

As a side note, I received the humongous Galactus book today, and when I get to the Byrne storyline, I’ll read it in the absurd (yet awesome) Galactus size. The book is ridiculously huge.

Finally finished the Eternal Warrior Deluxe, a very solid read

Slogging through the DC 1,000,000 Omnibus, which had been sitting on my shelf for a few years now. Man, that is some boring stuff. And tons of filler. Not even the Morrison issues are particularly good. To me the event omni is right up there with Secret Wars II and Acts of Vengeance.

Incredible Member

Recently read Captain America Epic Collection by Mark Gruenwald. It is not great material but it is decent and definitely improves as the book moves along as Gruenwald gets more into his run. I found it enjoyable throughout overall. Some hilarious stuff. I never knew Captain America was a graphic designer working in advertising. It than gets weirder when he starts to work for Marvel Comics drawing Captain America Comics.

Recently finished Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus Vol 3.

In terms of story & art, this may be my favorite of the three SA omnibus'...until the end. Those 4 Roy Thomas issues were almost unreadable to me. It was very jarring jumping from Lee to Thomas with all the narration & "fancy" words.

Currently reading Wonder Woman Rebirth by Rucka. I was very hesitant with this one as I really enjoyed Azzarello's New 52 Wonder Woman. However, I am liking it so far and only have a few issues left.

And then back to Spider-Man with the Goblin's Last Stand Epic. Very relieved to see Lee back on writing duties.

I have to agree,

I've never been anything but bored by Roy Thomas. Even Savage Sword of Conan, Amazing art Love the character eyes glaze over as I try to read it. Sadly he was quite prolific.

Because of recent talk on this forum about this series, I've been rereading Robinson's Starman. I'm about halfway through the series and it's still as good as I remember on first read.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chicainery View Post
    Because of recent talk on this forum about this series, I've been rereading Robinson's Starman. I'm about halfway through the series and it's still as good as I remember on first read.
    Yeah, this series is awesome
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Finished Byrne's FF Omni V1, and now I'm reading Fantastic Four: Behold...Galactus.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    Finished Byrne's FF Omni V1, and now I'm reading Fantastic Four: Behold...Galactus.
    I got that today. Arrived in good condition as well. It is so big that I don't know where I am going to put it. It looks gloriously ridiculous. Makes an Absolute look tiny.

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    I got that today. Arrived in good condition as well. It is so big that I don't know where I am going to put it. It looks gloriously ridiculous. Makes an Absolute look tiny.
    I have no suitable place to keep it home, so it’s in my office where I work as a display piece. Even people that aren’t into comics are impressed with it. Fortunately there’s a table in my office that sits at a 30 degree angle...I don’t know how I’d be able to read it otherwise. But it is beautiful.

Just started Cloak and Dagger Shadows and Light. Surprised at the body count of there first appearance. Now that all of the Bill Mantlo work is collected in three digital trades, seems like a good reading project to add to the rotation.

After the disappointment of the recent Fantastic Four #1, I pulled Fantastic Four Visionaries George Perez Vol. 1 and 2 off of the shelves, for a good read.
    s-l300a.jpgs-l300.jpg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    After the disappointment of the recent Fantastic Four #1, I pulled Fantastic Four Visionaries George Perez Vol. 1 and 2 off of the shelves, for a good read.
    s-l300a.jpgs-l300.jpg
    That wasn't even Wolman and Perez's's best work and it was still quantumly better than the current run.