Page 61 of 220 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Yep, you were right, got to the 3D issue and that was all she wrote, eBay here it comes, as I’m slowly making my way through my almost complete collection of Absolutes I’m realising that a lot of them aren’t worthy of the format
    That is interesting - may I ask which ones and why you considered them unworthy of the format? Was it only the story or also because of the art or other reasons?

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    That is interesting - may I ask which ones and why you considered them unworthy of the format? Was it only the story or also because of the art or other reasons?
    Just trying to think of what Absolutes I have sold on lately..... Batman Haunted Knight, poor story and artwork, the Catwoman story was good but not good enough to warrant an Absolute.

Blackest Night, have never really taken to anything Johns has written and this is no exception, far too much story and no character moments.

Death, just a sandman cash in, pretty weak stuff art and story, could have easily fitted these into the 4 book sandman set

All Star Batman and Robin and Court of Owls, for me, these are just comic book runs, neither good or poor but not worth the upgrade to an Absolute.

Absolutes I have read (so far) kept and will read again, all star superman, hush, The Authority, long Halloween and follow up the title escapes me, year one, Killing Joke, TDKR, all self contained, all well written with stunning art and pretty much considered classics.

I think the problem is now DC are committed to releasing 3 or 4 Absolutes a year and there now isn’t enough good material out there (I would love to see Sleeper get the treatment though)
    Last edited by Hellboydce; 11-16-2018 at 09:56 AM.

Right now, I'm reading Spider-man: One Moment in Time.

I have Spider-man: Origin of the Species on the way.

I'm keeping up with the current run, so my goal now is to read all the past issues.

Incredible Member

Just trying to think of what Absolutes I have sold on lately..... Batman Haunted Knight, poor story and artwork, the Catwoman story was good but not good enough to warrant an Absolute.

Blackest Night, have never really taken to anything Johns has written and this is no exception, far too much story and no character moments.

Death, just a sandman cash in, pretty weak stuff art and story, could have easily fitted these into the 4 book sandman set

All Star Batman and Robin and Court of Owls, for me, these are just comic book runs, neither good or poor but not worth the upgrade to an Absolute.

Absolutes I have read (so far) kept and will read again, all star superman, hush, The Authority, long Halloween and follow up the title escapes me, year one, Killing Joke, TDKR, all self contained, all well written with stunning art and pretty much considered classics.

I think the problem is now DC are committed to releasing 3 or 4 Absolutes a year and there now isn’t enough good material out there (I would love to see Sleeper get the treatment though)
    Thanks for taking the time. Haven’t read that many Absolutes, but I‘m pretty sure some deserve it more than others. Transmetropolitan falls into the „deserves it“ category.

Thanks for taking the time. Haven’t read that many Absolutes, but I‘m pretty sure some deserve it more than others. Transmetropolitan falls into the „deserves it“ category.
    Big Ellis fan but have never read transmetroplitan but I have the Absolutes and look forward to reading them

What’s the general consensus on Kevin Smiths Green arrow? Just started reading the Absolute and can’t get over how poor the art is, is the story gonna draw me in?

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

I’m almost done with the Avengers/Defenders War Epic. I love a lot of these old Marvel comics from the 70s and 80s and am taking a liking to the Epic format. Glad to hear the print issues plaguing recent editions has been dealt with.

Fantastic Member

I recently finished quite a bit:
    Black Bolt Vol 2
    Captain America by Mark Waid Vols 1 and 2
    All of Geoff Johns Aquaman
    Exiles the Complete Collection Vol 1
    Invincible Compendium Vol 2

I’m about to start Tom Defalcos Spider-Girl complete Collection volume 1. I’m pretty excited.....any advice for me?
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Favorite Titles: X-Men Red, Legion of X, Marauders, Hellions

Incredible Member

Just finished the first Baltimore Omnibus (it's a German edition), which covers the first four hardcovers. That was so much fun!

Now immediately on to the second Omnibus which covers the rest of the story. If the Hellboy BPRD stuff is as much fun as this, I'll be in for a treat.

Just finished the first Baltimore Omnibus (it's a German edition), which covers the first four hardcovers. That was so much fun!

Now immediately on to the second Omnibus which covers the rest of the story. If the Hellboy BPRD stuff is as much fun as this, I'll be in for a treat.
    Damn, is it oversized?

Incredible Member

Damn, is it oversized?
    No, unfortunately not! But they are really nice, including a bookmark ribbon.

Incredible Member

Reading the Sleeper Omnibus. Awesome stuff. I am halfway through it after a few days which to me is pretty fast with how much extra time I have to read.

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    Reading the Sleeper Omnibus. Awesome stuff. I am halfway through it after a few days which to me is pretty fast with how much extra time I have to read.
    Sleeper is still my favourite book out of everything I've read since I've been reading comics over the past 5 or so years. I'm yet to find anything that can beat it. Planetary came close though.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    Sleeper is still my favourite book out of everything I've read since I've been reading comics over the past 5 or so years. I'm yet to find anything that can beat it. Planetary came close though.
    Planetary was great too. The only bad part of Planetary is it felt like it was only beginning when it ended.