Page 62 of 220 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    Sleeper is still my favourite book out of everything I've read since I've been reading comics over the past 5 or so years. I'm yet to find anything that can beat it. Planetary came close though.
    Oh wow, now I am curious - Planetary was my favourite until now so I guess I have to crack open my Sleeper Omnibus. I have high expectations in any case as I have liked everything I've read by Brubaker so far.

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    Planetary was great too. The only bad part of Planetary is it felt like it was only beginning when it ended.
    Yeah I completely agree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    Oh wow, now I am curious - Planetary was my favourite until now so I guess I have to crack open my Sleeper Omnibus. I have high expectations in any case as I have liked everything I've read by Brubaker so far.
    I'm gona put a disclaimer here. I said it was my favourite book, not necessarily the best lol. However, if you like Brubaker, you'll enjoy it. I met Sean Phillips at a con and he signed and doodled in my omnibus, so that book means a lot to me.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Incredible Member

Yeah I completely agree with that.

I'm gona put a disclaimer here. I said it was my favourite book, not necessarily the best lol. However, if you like Brubaker, you'll enjoy it. I met Sean Phillips at a con and he signed and doodled in my omnibus, so that book means a lot to me.
    Of course, that's how I read it

But now I'm looking forward to this even more than I already was

Sleeper is Wonderful, and I'm pretty sure I remember Brubaker arm wrestling people to get them to try the book. I thought the ending was perfect. All this talk of Brubaker, has he put anything out in the last year or two?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Sleeper is Wonderful, and I'm pretty sure I remember Brubaker arm wrestling people to get them to try the book. I thought the ending was perfect. All this talk of Brubaker, has he put anything out in the last year or two?
    Kill Or Be Killed. That's finished but has yet to be collected in a hardcover. It was brilliant. Criminal is back soon too.

Kill Or Be Killed. That's finished but has yet to be collected in a hardcover. It was brilliant. Criminal is back soon too.
    Also the recently released My Heroes Have Always Been Junkies. I'm glad the Brubaker subject came up. I keep forgetting to put this on my wish list. I plan on placing an order tomorrow and now I'll remember to add it to the order. Has anybody around here read it yet, have opinions?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    Also the recently released My Heroes Have Always Been Junkies. I'm glad the Brubaker subject came up. I keep forgetting to put this on my wish list. I plan on placing an order tomorrow and now I'll remember to add it to the order. Has anybody around here read it yet, have opinions?
    It was decent. A standalone that also ties into the Criminal world a bit. I think the main character is supposed to have a larger role in the new Criminal series if i heard correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    It was decent. A standalone that also ties into the Criminal world a bit. I think the main character is supposed to have a larger role in the new Criminal series if i heard correctly.
    I'm looking forward to reading it, as I do anything by Brubaker. I didn't know it tied into Criminal, so that's an even bigger plus. Like many, I'm impatiently waiting for a Kill or Be Killed hardcover, I've heard nothing but great praise for it.

Mighty Member

I'm looking forward to reading it, as I do anything by Brubaker. I didn't know it tied into Criminal, so that's an even bigger plus. Like many, I'm impatiently waiting for a Kill or Be Killed hardcover, I've heard nothing but great praise for it.
    KOBK really is worthy of the praise. Thought the ending was great. I still have Sleeper and Criminal as my 1,2...but its right there maybe at 3, along with Velvet (loved that series as well)

I'd forgotten about My Heroes Have Always Been Junkies. It's in my wishlist but I'll probably ask for it as a present for Christmas.

I'm sure I read Brubaker is working on a follow up to The Fade Out too. I think it's set in the same era/world but not directly involving the characters from the first book.

I finished the Dr. Strange & Dr. Doom: Triumph & Torment TPB last night. Quite enjoyed it. I thought it holds up quite well. It was older than I thought it was.

I'm now reading Batman Volume 9: Bloom HC.

I finished the Dr. Strange & Dr. Doom: Triumph & Torment TPB last night. Quite enjoyed it. I thought it holds up quite well. It was older than I thought it was.

I'm now reading Batman Volume 9: Bloom HC.
    I love that Dr. Strange/Dr. Doom story. I hope that in 10 years when they've firmly established Doom as a villain in the MCU they can make some kind of movie about that. Not that it will hold up against Mignola's art.

I started Geoff John's Aquaman with Vol. 1 The Trench.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mormegil View Post
    I love that Dr. Strange/Dr. Doom story. I hope that in 10 years when they've firmly established Doom as a villain in the MCU they can make some kind of movie about that. Not that it will hold up against Mignola's art.

Johns' Aquaman run is great. Fast read and (IMHO) very entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormegil View Post

Yeah and it'd be good to see Mephisto on the big screen too.

I've got John's Aquaman run in HC plus all the New 52 hardcovers that came after it but only read The Trench so far. It's good stuff. I intend to have a huge binge one day and plough through them all.

Yeah and it'd be good to see Mephisto on the big screen too.

I've got John's Aquaman run in HC plus all the New 52 hardcovers that came after it but only read The Trench so far. It's good stuff. I intend to have a huge binge one day and plough through them all.
    I was thinking Diablo's Mephisto :P

Also, GJ's Aquaman is my only Aquaman so far - and it really makes me want more!
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”